Brawlhalla

Arkhi

Asuri is the Teemo of Brawlhalla. If Queen Nai wasn't a thing, I might just main her. Alas, I've got to make Lucien and Ada work.

Tfw aside from this post I have no idea what you guys are talking about. o_O

I hate fighting game tiers. I hope this game never gets any big ones. At least in Turnbased games or games with a shit ton of option for a loadout. Then yeah, at least banning some are needed. But in fighting games,if someone just has skill with a character that's low on the list, well,they're still good. Since fighting games focus less on loadout and more on moving and pushing buttons to thinking about actions and needing more think than skill(not to say turnbased games have no skill to them) , well. yeah. I don't know if what I am saying make sense. But, Fighting games are not based on OP starats, Games like Hearthstone, and Pokemon are. Again, fighting games do need starats, but it's more quick reacting kinda starat, at least when I play. So, yeah. I don't know, just my thoughts on tiers in Brawlhalla. I think my case is stronger as I can use Teros to holy uses, while everyone says he's a bad fighter, but I can still kick half the ass of my battles, granted I have shitty luck with how those wins and loses come in order, leaving me in Bronze, even though I'm fairly sure I could mange on Silver. Then again, I might just suck, but I am always on the high end of Bronze, so, I'm not %100 sure. But I thought that I would get us talking with the topic, and my thoughts upon it.

Ideally, a fighting game doesn't have tiers. In actuality, that's almost never the case. While you can with with pretty much any character, especially in Brawlhalla, there are clear-cut differences that put certain characters on top at high-level play. In games like Brawlhalla and Smash, this usually comes down to speed. The best example I can give is Super Smash Bros. Melee, as someone who is deep into the competitive community of that game. If you look at the top 7 characters in that game, they're pretty much the fastest characters in the game. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Captain Falcon... the only exceptions are Puff and Peach. Similarly, inn Brawlhalla, speed seems to be the biggest factor. Since this game isn't as combo-heavy as Melee, it makes it even harder for slower characters to have a chance, since they have a hard time punishing in comparison. That's why you see characters like Hattori and Asuri do so well in Ranked. Their attacks come out fast and have low end lag. As someone in the lower mid levels of Gold ranked Brawlhalla at the moment, I can attest that fast characters are definitely the hardest to deal with in high-ish level play, at least from my experience. If you play a slower character, not only are you more vulnerable after you attack (due to higher end lag), but you also have a harder time punishing a faster character (Due to your slow startup on attacks and their low endlag.) In Brawlhalla, strong attacks mean a lot, as they're your best kill option, and characters with quick strong attacks seem to have an advantage at the current point in development. Again, that's not to say that you can't win with slower characters, but it requires a more read-based style of play, which is just more difficult to do consistently at higher levels.

Tl;dr Brawlhalla will probably have a tier list at some point, as most fighting games do. I imagine faster characters will be near the top, basing things just from my experiences. That being said, I do think the game is fairly balanced, though certain characters could use some tweaks to give slower characters a more even playing field. (Also I think dodging could use a nerf... It refreshes a bit too fast as is a bit too difficult to punish the way it is now.)

I think I'd have to say I'm an Orion main, though he's only slightly above my Roland in level. The sword is my favorite weapon, but Orion's appearance is so cool, and I prefer his heavies to Roland's, especially on the Rocket Lance. Roland has been my go-to sword guy just because, as Sparky said, he's pretty cool. It also helps that he shares the Rocket Lance with Orion, so I've gotten pretty good with using it, despite my initial dislike for it. I picked up Queen Nai as sort of a tertiary character since the spear is my second favorite weapon (and she has a well-designed appearance imo), and I've recently started learning Hattori after buying her, just so I have a faster character at my disposal, who also happens to use my two favorite weapons.

Asuri's got great edge guards, so if you can play her offensively and keep pressure on the enemy, then you're set. She's far from a safe pick if you can't keep your enemy on the defensive, but if you can keep ahead, then odds are you're more likely to come out on top. Plus I think her active attack frames' durations were increased, so that means more potential hits.

I've tried to main Ada once

Do it, Ada is batshit crazy, awesome, and actually a lot of fun to use. If you can still dodge stall in the air, then heavy attack with her guns, then you're dealing a lot of hurt to your enemy. I love doing this and it's awesome for dealing great damage.

Um so i havent played in a while, but i was crazy with this one dude who looked like a minotaur. I just really liked how like literally one hit from his hammer, people be flying. Anyone like this minotaur dude or the dude itself i shold start to main?

I just like heavy hitters in general. That feel when the opponent start flying off the stage is really satisfying for some reason. Also its mad late tbh so good night.

(aside from heavys, im open to suggestions for other people to play? who do you think is good?)

Um so i havent played in a while, but i was crazy with this one dude who looked like a minotaur. I just really liked how like literally one hit from his hammer, people be flying. Anyone like this minotaur dude or the dude itself i shold start to main?

I just like heavy hitters in general. That feel when the opponent start flying off the stage is really satisfying for some reason. Also its mad late tbh so good night.

(aside from heavys, im open to suggestions for other people to play? who do you think is good?)

Baraza (new character) is fun as hell. Heavyweight character who uses the Hammer and Blaster weapons.

The Minotaur guy you're thinking of is Teros. He's still in the game and still a heavy-hitter, tied with Scarlet (Another heavy-hitter) for the highest strength value. As Felix said, Baraza is another one, and I think Brynn might be too? I'm not sure on her stats, but she uses the axe, which is a slower, heavy-hitting weapon. Bodvar's a good in-between. He's faster when played with the sword, but slower and stronger with the hammer.

• 3 weeks later...