What do you think about Noibat?

possum

I'm making some adjustments to my team before battling Florinia and I'd like to switch out my egg for a flying type. I love the way Noibat looks and I'd love to evolve him to Noivern, buuuuut the little tyke's (to put it nicely) always fainting on me. He's weak. Is it worth working with him to level him up to Noivern? Or are there better flying types at this point in the game? I currently have a Woobat and Starly.

Noibat is pretty bad early game, and trust me, I tried to make it work. Until it evolves, I would recommend Boxing it for now, or be like me and place it in the day care and forget about it and pick it up when it's gone up about fifty levels.

Edited by Combat Medic

Noibat is atrocious, however Noivern is pretty good. So it ultimately boils down to wether or not you are willing to invest time and effort on the little whimp for the sake of getting Noivern.

My suggestion is to keep Noibat benched when you work on advancing the plot, using something else in your team. But when you take a pause from the plot and engage in repeated wild battles, be it to look for a specific Pokemon to catch or to grind, bring Noibat along and make sure it gains some experience (just have it as a lead and then immediately switch out). It will eventually reach a level where it can kinda sorta stend on its own two little whimpy legs, and then, if you keep up the good effort, it will evolve and (hopefully) repay your dedication.

Hmm wrong section to post bout your team. well next time post ---> HERE <--- but since ya posted here i m sure some 1 will move it eventually. so noibat huh. Noibat is trash early game it cant do anything much, it is frail and dies so easily. If you want something which can help you with Rini i suggest bringing a makuhita and if you want a flying type still a swoobat with simple ability.

Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. Noibat is total garbage and it's an enormous pain in the ass to level up until it evolves into Noivern. (I did, no daycare or exp. share or anything, and I still have leftover salt in my heart.) The only way you'd be able to do it without it constantly getting OHKOed (until you get the exp. share that is) is to switch it out every time, which isn't the easiest or best thing to do against gym leaders.

Noivern though? Noivern is great, which almost makes it worth it. Almost. Maybe go with Woobat for now?

noibat huh definition of trash and using it early game definition of insanity (if using as a viable prominent pokemon) noivern is mediocre in my opinion(yes i have used it) its a good tail wind set up pokemon or a revenge killer as it has amazing speed but 97 sp attk which honetly wont be 1 ho koing much in game and if you have it use the starly its good specially early game staraptor can be good pokemon late game archeops and hawluncha can be pretty useable flying types to if you really want it though catch one before the ice gym you can get it fairly high lvl and snap a exp share till it evolves then it can at least fend for it self most of the time

Like everybody said:

It´s definitively worth your time once it evolves into Noivern, but until then it´s rather painful to raise. Trust me, I had it on my team and most of the time it was pretty much deadweight.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

well noibat isnt fast its 55 speed several early game pokes easily out speed that and supersonic 55 percent accuracy to risky id say tailwind and superfang much more helpfull in my opinion if you do use it

Starly is definitely better than Noibat as of right now. Late game, Staraptor is also amazing, although Noivern is very good as well. I'd box Noibat for now and use Starly until I get a Badge that move the level cap up to 50, and then evolve Noibat. I personally would rotate them as I see fit, although one is physical and the other is special.