Well, I guess it's time to not be such a stranger. ((AMAA Ask Me Almost Anything))

Raindrop Valkyrie

Well in fairness, the sexual tension implications are NOT part of the word itself. Remember, we westerners have only a partial vision of the japanese language and its patterns, and well, our main source, anime, is rather untrustworthy. But I can cite various examples of media in which the word is used properly, i.e. as a mere honorific devoid of any "notice me" implications. Have some:

1) In Digimon Savers, Masaru demands that Tohma addresses him as "sempai" upon first meeting him. Reason being, he thinks Tohma is a newcomer to the organization and thus, as part of his "manly man" act, he wants to be respected as the senior member. When he learns that Tohma is not joining the organization for the first time, but rather returning from a journey abroad, and that in truth Tohma has been in the organization since at least a couple of years before he even learned about it, Masaru is extremely embarrassed. Which triggers the rivarly the two share for the rest of the show.

2) In Blazblue, Carl Clover is shown to be a very polite, gentle, and rather cute-looking kid, and is given a speech pattern to match, using the pronoun boku and never forgetting the proper honorifics when talking to others. In particular, when talking to his former seniors at the military academy, he refers to them as "sempai". He is also a deeply scarred individual with multiple personality disorders and a tendence to lashing out VERY violently at the slightest provocation: in one instance, he is seen conversing in rather casual fashion, reminishing about good old times and discussing life choices, with former most popular girl in school Tsubaki Yayoi, whom he still addresses as "sempai"... Literally seconds before attempting to murder her. So yeah, in this case, the speech pattern is played as straight as possible, giving him the appearance of the perfectly mannered young boy, in order to make the contrast between his manners and his actions all the more disturbing.

So yeah, the use of the word that you hate is the one commonly seen in the so-called "harem" anime, but there is so much more to it :P

And since this topic is for asking questions: are you mad at me for completely derailing the conversation?

So yeah, the use of the word that you hate is the one commonly seen in the so-called "harem" anime, but there is so much more to it :P

And since this topic is for asking questions: are you mad at me for completely derailing the conversation?

Yea, but people use it for that kind of stuff outside of that culture a lot to the point the connotation sticks... makes me just not want to be referred to as such personally. I know that it's not only sued for that and it's not really that kind of a thing but it feels like that's all it's used for in conversation or in it's memeic usage by people. SO I'd rather not be called as such. ((I'm also not going to get into how much I hate Harem anime... that's not for here XD.))

I personally don't really see it was derailing in all honestly. It's just explaining a point on something I said ((though I already know the implications of this particular instance.)) so it's furthering the conversation still. I only consider it derailing if it's completely missing the point or going off in a completely random tangent out of nowhere.

What is your favourite hat or other headwear that you actually use in everyday life? What would your ideal one be, again for everyday life?

Did you like that LC team I made you, other than the gesture? :P Even if you didn't use it, the concept, the pokemon, the replays and stuff.

Do you like or dislike me calling you captain Huk? Why?

What is your favourite hat or other headwear that you actually use in everyday life? What would your ideal one be, again for everyday life?

Did you like that LC team I made you, other than the gesture? :P Even if you didn't use it, the concept, the pokemon, the replays and stuff.

Do you like or dislike me calling you captain Huk? Why?

Personally, I don't like wearing things on my head. Not my thing. I only really ever wear a cap sometimes in the summer to keep my head from getting sunburned ((as I'm bald therefore that happens.)) but normally I just don't.

I still need to get around to using it, I've just been busy and wanting to paly other things that aren't pokemon so I've not gotten around to it. It's mostly "I think I'm garbage" syndrome dawning on me again which makes me not want to play it much XD. I really do appreciate all the work you put in with it, and a lot of that information was pretty helpful so yea It was pretty sweet XD.

Nope not really. Typically most things won't bother me, I'm used to being called 8 million different things so yea. Certain things I do get a bit wily about...but that's not one of them.

256b028d06316c6e783b2837ac9eb215e414693f

What position did you like in football? Did you enjoy playing it?

zRPjZmx.jpg

I played mostly Line, Right Guard, and I played Defensive tackle as well. I liked both quite a bit, very physical punchy positions. I was always on Red Zone String for Defense especially since I was known as pretty much an immovable object. SO, I really liked where I was, had quite the bit of fun. While it was a bit short lived, I did enjoy it immensely. It was pretty satisfying. I say this and I pretty much hated most sports but really felt I could do my thing in Football XD.

If you managed to create a videogame what would it be about? What genre it would be?

pssssssssssh, that's a hard question. I could probably easily go with the cop out of Graterras as a setting though. It'a world I just really love. But huh... what else.

Actually Heartless Souls would be a much cooler idea to me. An RPG where the players play a monster and form the monster side of view. We rarely get that look at things in.

I'd easily like to make an RPG, I think more in the expressive vain of things, things like the Old School Balder's Gate and the infinity engine games, Or stuff like the new Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, or the new Shadowrun games. I'd really like to use that type of RPG as it allows the character to really express themselves and crate a character who can be well fleshed out and make the story theirs like the Tabletop RPGs I love. It will also leave massive room for world generation and what not. I'd love to create something like that. Not sure how I'd push the genre but I'd think of something,

It hard to say, but mostly it was just my love of fantasy RPGs and those types of games that I moved into Tabletop gaming. I just really enjoyed D&D and that style of thing. High Fantasy was always so fascinating to me and it made me really want to just try it out. And, so I did. I moved to the more forumy type one wit Reborn, it was the first place I did it, or even knew it existed and it was really really fun.

Is there something that you would consider "unforgivable" or everybody deserves a second chance no matter what?

What were the other names before you decided to stay as Hukuna?

Do you have a role model irl? If yes, who?

Is Undyne the Undying theme the greatest theme?

What's something that you absolutely have to do before your time in this world is up?

why you're still an alchemist if Undyne is no alchemist

Is there something that you would consider "unforgivable" or everybody deserves a second chance no matter what?

What were the other names before you decided to stay as Hukuna?

Do you have a role model irl? If yes, who?

Is Undyne the Undying theme the greatest theme?

What's something that you absolutely have to do before your time in this world is up?

why you're still an alchemist if Undyne is no alchemist

1. Mostly, Not learning their lesson. If you make a mistake, okay. Learn from it. Don't fall into the same traps, take the experience to heart. Learn from the wisdom of experience. If you cannot, you are doomed to repeat that thing over and over. If you don't learn and don't grow as a person... you've learned nothing from having experienced said thing. I just think if you can't take something out of that mistake and just keep repeating it... you're more or less doomed. There's nothing I can do to help you if you won't help yourself, if you won't learn, if you refuse to try or yourself and make me lift or you. I can't do that for you. No matter how much I'd want to. In this world you have to lead yourself. You can call on friends to help you, but they need to assist you in that endeavor, not fix i for you. Because it's not possible for a person to help another entirely in that way. They can't think of you, they can't act for you. Therefor you need to do those things, and you need to put them into motion.

2. Not really many other than BigDog294, some people's Skype show that as my name for some reason as it was the original name of the account. It was without the numbers my Football nickname. SO, I thought I'd use it lol. Other than that no real other considerations.

3. Hmmm, that's hard to say. I've sorta always prided myself on finding my own way in life and shaping myself into who i want to be. The point of a role model is to be more like them. But I'm not them. I cannot be them. I am me. Therefore I've never really had one in the way most people have if they did. The closest thing to one would be my Uncle, since he's a wonderful human being and sorta like me. Person who feel very much like the black sheep, that person people just don't really care to understand. While I don't talk to him overly much I do enjoy talking with him and hanging out. He's a lot like a older me XD. Though he's even more of a jokester if you can believe it.

4. While it's an amazing theme... I still think Spear of Justice is better than Battle Against a True Hero ((probably since I had to listen to it on loop for about 2 hours while I couldn't beat her boss fight... damn my ingrained RPG sensibilities!!!)) I REALLY LOVE BOTH... don't get me wrong I just kinda have a soft spot for Spear of Justice which is always stuck in my head now. ((mostly dat Brass man... dat brass.))

5. If time and money were no issue? Travel... a loooooooooooooooooooooot. There's so many places I want to see, mostly Ireland and Germany, places that I hail from. ((since that's where my heritage lies.)) But, I'd love to see other places too.

6. because I'm lazy and haven't gotten to changing it.