Favorite pokédex entry?

zimvader42

We're getting close to the point where every single "Favorite X" kind of thread has been made. In this case, I'm having a 10 minute break from genetics, and so I bring one I haven't seen yet: favorite pokédex entry. You know some mons' scary-factor is boosted by 9000 only because of their dex entries. Other are plain awesome. Other are so "what the fuck" that you can't help but love them.

So, yeah, what's your fav dex entry and why?

Mine's spoink's, a classical one. Just listen to this shit:

B2/W2: "Using its tail like a spring, it keeps its heart beating by bouncing constantly. If it stops, it dies." The implications it brings to the table about spoink's physiology and everyday life are amazing and....scary.

Shedinja's Ruby dex entry

Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Okay lil' Shedinja face the opponent and...

Spr_b_4d_292.png

NOOOOOOOOOOO

rip Kuma ??? - 2015

Of course, the Pokedex entry of the Pokemon dear Father gave me. But since that particular one still hasn't been made of public knowledge, I shall settle with Gothitelle's B2/W2 one: it is of course quite disturbing to think that my dear Pokemon would know the exact extent of my lifespan, but at the same time, knowing that it would grow so close to me that it would cry over it is kinda moving. There is a lot to say for loyalty.

My favorite is easily Klefki, entry from X and OR.

Are you intimidated of this set of keys? Well you better be. Why? Because Klefki "threaten any attackers by ferociously jingling their keys at them." If that isn't the most hardcore thing you've ever heard of, you better clean your ears and try again.

My personal favourite is Hypno from Fire Red

"It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized"

All of its pokedex entries from all other games just says stuff along the lines of it likes its pendulum and it eat dreams and then here comes Fire Red with not subtly with the fact it kidnapped a child just nonchalantly "oh yeah it likes its pendulum and it once kidnapped a small child btw just letting you know"

I started laughing so hard I nearly cried when I first saw this. Its just so as a matter of fact for something so dark and sinister.

Kadabra Emerald's dex entry that sounds like this:

'It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.'

Yamsak Black 2 dex entry

'These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves. Each retains memories of its former life.'

which is disturbing to know that some pokemon are transformed from humans and being subjected to disposal at discretion of their own kind, yet these are my favourite entries because it is ominous.

Edited by TimTim

Gorebyss, Sapphire/AS:

"Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids."

Such elegance, much cruel.

wao

Xatu, Ruby/OR:

"Xatu stands rooted and still in one spot all day long. People believe that this Pokémon does so out of fear of the terrible things it has foreseen in the future."

Basically, the pokémon that've seen some shit.