Reborn Tips and Tricks

Dragon116

Most people don't want to use it though because it's the definition of hax and can make the game extremely easy with a bit of luck. Minimize Clefable can sweep all gyms from the moment you get him.

Not even remotely, there's a bunch of moves that never miss, that can actually tear through setups like this. I use this because I'm using a steel team, and I don't feel like going the counter of a gym to just be a gimmick I'm forced to use, rather than a strategy.

"I'm going to have to pass on that one, as it's far too specific of a tip. I could also say just use Speed Boost Blaziken, or overlevel the crap out of your starter and you'll still win, but those are far too restrictive for play style. (If you're wondering, my friend did clear that game mainly using his overleveled Charizard, despite it disobeying him)"

Right? And the x items aren't specific?

Edited by Xain

X Items aren't as specific as double team, since x items are useable on any pokemon, whereas double team can only be used by the pokemon who knows it. The idea behind tips and tricks is to give general advice for as many runs as possible.

On that note, I'm also going to decline the extension on the gimmick pokemon, as it gets too specific. (I put murkrow up there as an example to define gimmick). I will add a note to check the forums for other ideas.

I've been thinking about keeping a team of six. Although you are better prepared that way, holding a free spot can save you a lot of needless back-and-forth for event mons, if you care about IVs, natures, and/or Egg moves. Risky, but can save you a lot of time and maybe give you great benefits. Never do it when the situation is poignant (like, something is about to blow up, hostage stuations, Gym leaders...), unless you've already played the game and know what you're doing.

I already have that under Event Pokemon note, 3rd from the bottom.

Oh, I must've missed that. But there are some event mons you don't see coming (like Misdreavus) unless you've already played the game, and then you're forced to either accept the mon or redo some long/difficult stuff.

But I agree, it perhaps isn't much of a deal if that note is already there :)

4. Keep a full party of 6

A full party of 6, at a decent level, will help you out tremendously, even at the first gym. In the canon games, 2 or 3 was plenty. That won't work for Reborn. -Spark95

Something more to add is that at later levels it's also wise to keep some extra mons in your PC. Sometimes you'll find out that one of your mons are completely useless against a specific gym because of type and moveset match-ups so in this event it's generally better to swap in the reserve.

• 1 month later...

What are other ways to raise friendship in pokemons? I need a Chimecho, a Sylveon and Lucario...stuffed Chingling with PokeSnax and nothing yet. Thanks.

There are two Pokemon Salons in Obsidia Ward, but you can only use them once a day. You could also just bike around and around some free space to raise friendship, but that's a bit more tedious.

Remember that Chingling only evolves after leveling up in the night and Riolu only evolves after leveling up in the day, though!

There are two Pokemon Salons in Obsidia Ward, but you can only use them once a day. You could also just bike around and around some free space to raise friendship, but that's a bit more tedious.

Remember that Chingling only evolves after leveling up in the night and Riolu only evolves after leveling up in the day, though!

In addition, if I remember correctly, one of the ladies in the Salons gives you Soothe Bell.

Also, don't forget about the Blue Moon Ice Creams from the vending machines and NPCs.

Edited by Jiggle