Challenge Run Idea: Black Friday Aftermath

Cloud Striker

Difficulty: 6.5/10(approx.)

Imagine this: All the stores are sold out, not a single potion available, every store owner is on vacation!

The only additional rule for this challenge:
Don't. Buy. Anything!

I'm currently doing this on my Ruby Edition and I'm having a blast! I am in the range where playing Vanilla is too easy but I still suck too much for doing a Nuzzlocke or Wedlocke challenge.

Edited by Cloud Striker

This is kinda cool because of the limits you will have regarding Pokeballs.

You won't have a a whole lot of PokeBalls to use throughout your adventure - so it kinda matters which pokemon you think are worth saving them for.

Good luck!

• Developers

Amusingly enough, I think this run would actually be EASIER for Reborn than for most games, just by merit of the amount of event mons available.

I once did a 'No Pokeballs' run, which just boils down to 'Event Mons Only', and it wasn't pretty fun. So having that plus whatever balls you may find should very much be doable. Although the whole having to ration your pokeballs and only catch important stuff is certainly a fun sounding idea.

Yeah, and it's also always an unsettling thought when you encounter a Trainer way beyond your current Level and think "F*ck, if I use a potion and he still beats me, I'll have wasted it".

Of course you could somehow take the edge from the challenge by having a Pokémon with Pickup in your team, but why would you?

This is typically how I play. I buy pokeballs when I need them, but that's not usually very often and I don't use healing items so I don't have a need for them.

If you're skilled then it's really not that hard. In fact I guarantee it'll improve your competitive game.