Mono Gen Challenge [Gen 2]

Genesis

So I decided to try out the challenge below:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10036

Additional rules: No revives, potions are acceptable. Everyone must be defeated including Solaris and El's Arceus

I didn't have dice on me, so i used a Random Number Generator App and got 2. I did some research into possible tactics and strategies since I knew this would be tough.

To inform you of how difficult this challenge may for Gen 2. According to the list of pokemon available for gen 2 before you defeat Julia, there are only 7. One of which can't even be obtained legally, so only 6. They are the following:

Your starter (Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile)

Teddiursa (via Hide n seek event)

Igglybuff (via nght time meteor event, but since it's evolutions are Gen 1 only igglybuff can technically be used)

Ledyba (who has weakness to electric and flying and rock attacks)

Spinarak (who has a weaknees to flying and rock)

HootHoot (who has a weakness to electric and rock)

Pineco (via headbuttable trees, but since none of the above can learn headbutt it can't actually be obtained until after Julia)

So on to the story....

I started out as a female (gasp! the horror!) this time to rival Pretty Boy Cain's hairstyle. Name: Scarlet

Needless to say I love all 3 starters from gen 2, but I decided to help with future quests I would go with a female Cyndaquil.

Enter ScarletRose, a rather Hasty individual who's only aspirations at current are to set the world into crimson flames and purge the peridot alleyways of those infernal Trubbish

Needless to say, my first battle against the pretty boy Cain insighted some rather suggestive comments on his part. Whether it was his outright charm or the events to follow, it left me pretty speechless from then on. But, no matter, Scarlett will let her pokemon do the talking for her.

The battle commenced and with RNG on my side for a change I won the battle with 1 HP to spare and an emphatic Level Up! (shades to the ASDF series). Cain, definitely left me battered and bruised, if you know what I mean..

Off to heal ScarletRose and the next battle commences. The previous beating I had just given Cain must have been really damn good, becuase I don't even remember the next trainer's pokemon, but another Victory and another level and it was time to head out into the world of Pokemon Reborn a full fletchling trainer. Unlike my first [laythrough pf the game I decided to try and catch all the partners I would need early on. A quick shift to nightime and into the grass outside Ame's academy..

Enter: Valdimir (As In Valdimir Komarov the cosmonaut) the male HootHoot. I thought he would be a really great addition to add some variety to the team and was trained up to level 11 until I remembered Julia was the electric leader. While his only contribution to the team was help me lay a super potion on ScarletRose before an emphatic OHKO (details later) against Julia, hi still dreams of soaring the skies. I guess we can't help for his 1 legged handicap, but hey, the chicks still dig him

Enter: BloodLust the female spinarak. Man let me tell you was this a grind until levels 10 and up when she finally got some decent moves, but hey she's kinky, she doesn't mind a little bump and grind

Enter: MegaBabe the female ledyba. She had such promise and despite her weaknesses played quite a vital role against Julia

Enter: Teddiursa (Soon to be named to RipperJason), I don't know what took so long to find this dammed bear, but I guess once he got wind of the honey's on my team he was more than willing to accompany me for research purposes. Valdimir became very jealous at this point previously being the only male on the team, especially since RipperJack can't keep his hands out the honeypot

Enter: The last addition Igglybuff, honestly I only added him for the pokedex. While he does have misty terrain, as a baby I don't think he will ever get a chance on the team. Cue the teams cheerleader

On to the battles and stuff...

First was Fern. Never before has a character been so hated and from my knowledge of him already I enjoyed whiping the floor with him.

So I faced every trainer I could and collected as many free items as I could before heading to the factory where all was pretty much clean sailing. RipperJack was my MVP against Aster and Eclipse after Magby had taken out all by bug pokemon and elekid taking out hoothoot and then with an unlucky string of paralyzes ScarletRose was rendered incapacitated. Gotta love the reborn wakeup calls.

With my team being around the level 12 to 15 range I decided to take on Julia prematurely (and here I thought that was male specific problem). Short story short, by team lost pretty badly. Electrodes aftermath left ScarletRose out for the count and Emolga's Muzzle left RipperJack ripping his own grave with frustration.

Onwards to the grinding. The only decent place I could find was the peridot alley where many a Trubbish, Purloin and Poochyena (my main bitch) became target practice for a good few hours.

Onwards to the second try of Julia and the team was as follows:

(actually I would really apreciate if someone could tell me how to insert those animation people use like in their signtures so that I can use an actual pic of the pokemon to make this more aesthetically pleasing, someone please PM me, I did try to do a forum search)

Lead: Megababe Level 16. Her main role was to setup light screen, after that she was 2HKOd by Helioptile, she helped negate a lot of damage though. MVP runner up

Next out was ScarletRose level 19, who took out the 1 electrode after succumbing to a sonicboom and aftemath

She took the next electrode down to red after receiving another sonic boom going into the red herself. 1 potion burnt and in came RipperJack level 19 for the kill.

Outcame Emolga and a Muzzle to the face. Perhaps Julia believes RipperJack needed some of Dr Sugmunds treatments for the way he was harassing the ladies. He manged to KO emolga even through paralysis and 1 potion to emolga, he He had take too much damage and under paralysis I thought it best to withdraw him.

In went Valimir with Blitzle. Allowing me to use a super potion on ScarletRose. After which and emphatic Charge beam OHKOd Vladimir. RIP Turn 1 to Turn 1

In went Igglybuff becuase I thought of trying out Misty Terrain, needless to say the increase blitzle got from its ability speed increase and the charge beams increase made quick work of Igglybuff. Maybe I planned this all along, coldblooded murder, perhaps it was the frustration of not having anything to use against Julia, who knows. Some say Igglybuff liked it... Ok...

Out went a fresh ScarletRose, sadly due to my own stupidty and 2 poer ups from Charge beam ScarletRose took a decent amount of damage before taking out Blitzle.

ScarletRose was paralyzed and low health so out came BloodLust, the MVp of the match against Julia. Since the rest of mea team was low health and paralyzed, Electrode would have made quick work of them. A lucky poison sting sealed the deal poisoning Electrode. With some other damage from nightshade it took Electrode low enough to die from poison as it's last Rollout ended up KO Bloodlust too.

The result:

2ahxhn5.jpg

The aftermath:

2r7u9zb.jpg

I am hoping to have some better luck against the next gym since I already have some bug types.

At least now I can go pick up an Onix (for Steelix) and Snubbul (I actually need 2 badeges ) (which will have Headbutt as well for Pineco)

Wish me luck on the next part.

Also if you have any ideas/ tips/ advice I am all ears, this may be quite a tough run

Edited by Genesis

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you went a bit underleveled for Julia.

Personally I would have gone with Totodile because it's the best starter of the 2nd Gen thanks to Sheer Power and both Cyndaquil and Chikorita events are earlier than Totodlie's.

Also, 2nd Gen is not hard, it's a middle ground monogen (4th and 3rd being easy, 2nd and 5th being medium and 1st and 6th being hard), a lot of good pokémon will come later and fix a probably slow start.

Wow, you went a bit underleveled for Julia.

Personally I would have gone with Totodile because it's the best starter of the 2nd Gen thanks to Sheer Power and both Cyndaquil and Chikorita events are earlier than Totodlie's.

Also, 2nd Gen is not hard, it's a middle ground monogen (4th and 3rd being easy, 2nd and 5th being medium and 1st and 6th being hard), a lot of good pokémon will come later and fix a probably slow start.

I would like to debate those rankings. 1st Gen would be cake. Charmeleon's Dragon Rage will sweep Julia, its fire moves will thrash Flobot, You get Arcanine for Shade, Blastoise is nothing to sneeze at either. Gen 6 seems like it would be tough because there's such a small selection, but Eaglesby is doing well on theirs.

I would like to debate those rankings. 1st Gen would be cake. Charmeleon's Dragon Rage will sweep Julia, its fire moves will thrash Flobot, You get Arcanine for Shade, Blastoise is nothing to sneeze at either. Gen 6 seems like it would be tough because there's such a small selection, but Eaglesby is doing well on theirs.

^this haha, Charmander made Julia a walk in the park with dragon rage. I Imagine gen 6 would be quite hard indeed.

There are quite a few gen 2 pokemon that come up later in the game, but their are also a lot who don't come up at all like scizor. Also a few of the final evolutions are from final generations as well. Including baby pokemon. I am glad to hear it won't be too difficult with Gen 2 at least. Anyway because of this I am having trouble on deciding what the final team will sort of look like. While pokemon silver was one of my favourite games I don't get to use one of my all time favourites - Tyranitar. If anyone has some good pokemon I should look into let me know

Anyway it's on to part 2

So with Julia defeated I decide to head out and collect a very special pokemon, one of which without, no team of sexual inuendos would not be complete

Enter: LillyD a shiny female Onix. I called her this because I own a 4m burmese python called Lilly and well because Cain is always wanting the D. I am not one much for Shiny pokemon, but when I saw that steelix was Rainbow coloured it just seemed right with its uhhh personality, unfortunately I could not get ahold of her for more comments, but this picture was taken of her later that night: (good warning its rated R, viewer discretion is advised)

2z3yjah.jpg

Then on to Obsidia where a few more trainer battles were had. Not much action

Oh and on another note, somehwere through all my soft resets of trying to get teddiursa, turns out he is actually a she, not that it matters much since she's still just as gender confused as ever and the name RipperJack hoes tuck to her just like her paws have not come out the honey pot.

On to Victoria, for some reason this was a little more difficult than I remember. Since I had abandoned Vladimir for the time being I had nothing to really use on her fighting type pokemon that would not get their faces trashed in return. No worries though, the team still pulled through just with some minor casualties.

And so began our trek through the obsidia slums. The plants must have been secreting some powerful stuff cos I swear we were seeing boxes move. Luckily I figured out the puzzles this time round without the help of video guides. We made it through the slums only to get greeted by a gang of scraggy and a scrafty, Like with Victoria, having no flying moves made it a little tougher than it needed to be to take them out, but we managed with only 2 casualties.

We headed down to Coral ward to become pretty envious of Cain's surfing Muk. How did he manage to get the gym badge needed to use Surf with his pokemon?? Going by that I made easy workings of his team and newly acquired Oshawott. Back Up to Obsidia to get cut and cleaned my path to Onyx, but before moving on I decided to do some searching around. I got really excited in the Obsidia alleyway when I thought I saw a Natu being guarded by 2 Mightyena's as I thought it was available much later on. I was correct, It was only available much later on and after struggling to beat the 2 MIGHTYena's I seen that it was actually an electrike. Rules are rules and I hhad to turn the poor fella away. Oh well. Moving on with great disdain from my robbed Natu (well I thought it was anyway).

I went to Onyx, battled my way through the school and again without guides I decided to crack the puzzle the correct way. Made my way to Flobot only to get walled by Fern. Easy doings were had with him, however again Flobot was not easy. My first attempt at her brought me back to the nightmare I had the first time I played. I decided to go back to Obsida Park and pick up a very surprising pokemon. Credits to Dragon116 and hos rainbow gen challenge for the inspiration.

Enter: Sudowudo. He started out as a bonsly and has yet to be named as the name I have in mind may be a little inappropriate. Actually it's because I was too lazy to head all the way back to the name rater back in peridot. His name to be is GotWood. He started out as a Bonsly, and while I need an ability capsule to get the right ability he alone made my life so easy easy for Flobot's infernal cradilily. Anyway quite a bit of grinding later and the team looked ok to take on Flobot for the second time. I actually thought Gotwood might be under leveled but I was surprised, quite surprised.

The fight started. Everything in Flobots team went down either due to Bloodlust, RipperJack or ScarletRose Fire FTW. Then came out Cradilily, a slight shiver and in went MegaBabe Turn 1 to Turn 1 Rip to a Smackdown but she got her Reflect off. She probably could have been more useful if I had left her as a ledyba til level 25 so she could learn silver wind. Oh wells. In came GotWood. I honestly expected him to be out within a few turns, he was just there to lay down some hurt before retiring. But turn 1. Cradilily used stockpile, Gotwood delivered a low kick taking Cradilily down 1/4 health

turn 2, cradilily did another stocpile GotWood still playing dirty delivered a low kick down to just over half health

Turn 3 cradilily finaly decided to attack with smack down. With reflect still up it didn't do much damage agaisnt GotWood's Rock Hardness. Yet another Low Kick and Cradilily's health was just above 1/3

Turn 4 Cradilily decided to stockpile again.

XHjWQoj.jpg

Low kick takes health down to just below 1/3rd

Turn 5 became scary. Reflect was down. Cradilily delivered a whopping smack down with a crit and GotWood went into the red.

All the low kicks must have been building up becuase the final one was a crit and Cradilily was down for the count. I don't think Gotwood even knew what was going on as he stood there, LillyD checking him out

Flobot down:

2re2pgw.jpg

The aftermath, but barely a scratch

2a9tgg8.jpg

Onwards we head. Another day

Edited by Genesis

I gotta congratulate you for having the patience to evolve Ledyba. When I made the gen II run I gave up on lvl 12.

To be perfectly honest, outside of reflect and light screen it is useless. Its attack is so low that mach punch does nothing. I am hoping that when it learns silver wind it will redeem itself, otherwise it is total trash

Just a recap, 2 new additions to the team:

Enter: flaaffy.pngKillSwitch (image taken from her best angle

and

187.png DankBudz

I will most likely be reitiring MegaBabez soon and Bloodlust if they become lackluster.

So far the team looks like this:

ScarletRose quilava_sprite_by_susan_rocket.gifLevel 28

LillyD 2dvld1i.pngLevel 25

GotWoodSudowoodoNormalSprite.giflevel 24

RipperJackgiphy.gifLevel 24

And BloodLust ariados.pngLevel 26

I made my way through the jungle towards the first Tangrowth Pulse and fought Tak without casualty. It got a little iffy when his Chatot came out and confused and put to sleep GotWood and raised its SPAtk. GotWood finally woke up and delivered a powerful OHKO with next to no health. Then it was scarletRose's turn to take on the PulseTagrowth.3 smokescreens and a slame wheel that left a burn ensured an easy Victory. Fire starters FTW.

Anyway this was a short update I am currently in the next jungle and turned Fern down waiting for my next knight in shining armor to come and save me...

This is how I imagine Fern sometimes 1343849581671_6911965.png when he's more this58555_148840058490179_4246526_n.jpg?oh=f

To be perfectly honest, outside of reflect and light screen it is useless. Its attack is so low that mach punch does nothing. I am hoping that when it learns silver wind it will redeem itself, otherwise it is total trash

yeah, when I did it at first I decided to give a chance to mons I never used in the original (mainly spinarak, ledyba and hoothoot), and ledyba was by far the worst. Ariados really surprised me though

yeah, when I did it at first I decided to give a chance to mons I never used in the original (mainly spinarak, ledyba and hoothoot), and ledyba was by far the worst. Ariados really surprised me though

I just wish it got some higher BP moves earlier on. Leech Life and fury swipes don't offer too much.

My Main Surprise has been SudoWoodo. From something I used to see as trash it has proven itself many times over

Anyway on with the progress..

A little birdy came to save me from my peril and quick work was made traversing through the jungle. One day I shall purge this forest of Nuzleaf, but today is not that day. The second pulse tangrowth went down even quicker than the first, without even realising it I changed the story and I am now battling Corey on his poison mist field. First time round the police officers were not in his gym. Anyway, I did a trial run to see how I would fair and as I was severely under leveled I decided to make a new addition:

Enter: RocknRoller 232.png Since the only move I could use to level him up with was Rollout, I had the Riding Dirty song playing on repeat. For an hour or so....

Anyway some mind numbing hours of grinding later the team was ready (at least I hoped so) to take on Corey properly.

I started with LillyD to lay Stealth Rock Up and Skrelp retaliated with Bubble which critted leaving LillyD with 7 health, then she got an STD (poison) and died. Rip turn 1 to turn 1. Really can't wait to get metal coat to help this pokemon from catching STDs.

Out went KillSwitch to deliver a Thunderpunch. Skrelp survuved with 1 HP with the help of its focus Sash and retaliated with bubble and again I got poisoned.

Next turn a super potion to skrelp, another Thunderpunch and it was lights out for Skrelp.

Then it was Bloodlusts turn to face Croagung (I should have put RocknRoller in, I forgot he had Magnitude now. Anyway a couple shadow sneaks from Bloodlust left crogunk just under 1/2 HP, coragunk through a combination of venoshocks and sucker punches left it with 2 HP. A very surprising crit from a shadow sneak managed to KO croagunk. Bloodlust lives to see another battle

Next up was RocknRoller vs Skuntank - I honestly can't believe how good skuntanks typing and movepool is leaving it with one weakness to ground.

Skuntank delivered an acid spray for minimal damage but harshly lowering my Sp Def. RocknRoller used Magnitude . . . . 7! It's super effective to OHKO Skuntank. And then I get poisoned. Again, damn this corroded mist field

NextUp Nidorina vs RocknRoller. She tries a bite and misses. I use Magnitude! . . . . 4.... It manages to crit and still only takes her to well over 1/2 HP. I suffer some poison damage. Next round she double kicks, I deliver another magnitude and another 7 on the richter scale to KO Nidorina

Grimer vs RocknRoller. I manage to outpseed grimer but can only deliver a 5 scale Magnitude leaving grimer in the red. Unfortunately thanks to an acid spray and poison damage Donphan is left with 10HP. Recklessly I hope that DOnphan will outspeed Grimer again...... I do, and an overkill magnitude of 10! comes in to deliver the final blow. RocknRoller levels up, suffers poison damage and is left with 1HP.

Now it's Corey's ace Crobat vs... KillSwitch. I am going to try get electric terrain and a thunder punch off. This may not work seeing as how she already is poisoned and suffered some damage earlier on

Turn 1, Crobat uses Nasty Plot. I setup Electric terrain

Turn 2, I opt for a Thunderwave to try stop Crobat in its tracks, it outspeeds me, uses Venoshock and KillSwitch is out for the count

Crobat vs Gotwood

Turn 3. Other than ScarletRose who has nothing SE to bring to the table, GotWood is the last hope for my dwindling team. Despite having only suffered 2 KOs, the rest of my team's health is too low to survive against a speedy Crobat

Crobat uses air cutter. It takes 1/3 HP despite being not very effective. I use Rock Slide and.. it misses oh Crap

Turn 4, Crobat uses Venoshock and take me down to under 1/2 HP, I try Rock Slide again and boom it's a KO. I am literally flabagasted. GotWood has taken every opportunity to surprise me now being the MVP of some very crucial battles.

With that it's the end of Corey - ,,,, - or is it??

259lb3a.jpg

The aftermath

znl9w6.jpg

As I leave the gym I see an Absol, too bad I know I can't catch it

Then comes what many already know as one of the biggest moments that sets Reborn apart from all other Pokemon games (this game seriously isn't for little children)

2eoljed.jpg

I don't know which is worse, the guy killing himself or telling his pokemon to get lost (or it could mostly be not giving me a badge before offing himself). Either way this one of the only times I kind of agree with Fern's thinking to an extent and that is that Corey is an idiot. Yeah I get it the guy went through some tough stuff, but still. I definitely don't plan on turning this into a debate.

And so Fern comes along. Yes, I agree but

7bwj2e9.jpg

Anyway (no seriously I don't mean to offend anyone, so if I did please let me know), it's on to Lapis city

I just wish it got some higher BP moves earlier on. Leech Life and fury swipes don't offer too much.

My Main Surprise has been SudoWoodo. From something I used to see as trash it has proven itself many times over

yeah, sudowoodo is great even later on with sturdy counter.

by the way, had you used electric terrain from the beginning, the mist would not come back and the field would become the regular corrosive field xD

Just a minor update since there has not been much progress since yesterday, I am going to to do Team Magma mission this time around to try get Hondour..

At the moment I have a bit of a critical problem. With the pokemon I have I have the following move type coverage:

Good: Fire, Dark, Rock, Ground, Electric, Normal

Weak (as in moves that have like 20 to 30 BP): Bug, ghost, steel, fighting, poison, dragon

I have no coverage of the following moves however:

Water, Grass, Ice, Fairy, Psychic, Flying

Meaning I have very little to help take down a few pokemon. So I was going to ask if anybody had some advice for me.

For water/ ice coverage I was thinking Feraligator or Kingdra would be good, howver they aren't available until late Agate which leaves me with quite a problem as to what I should do now. The kings rock is also available around Agate so I can't use it for a Politoed leaving me with the following available to choose from now or obtainable in the near future:

Quaqsire (Azurine Island) Corsola (Apophyl) , Mantine (Tanzan Cove) , Octillery (secret fountain)

So not a lot of good options there apart from maybe Swagsire

For Grass I could do any of the following

Jumpluff or Bellosom (I could work towards Meganium on Azurine island as well)

Fairy I could do Granbull

Which leaves Psychic and Flying.

There's Xatu but that's far from now and its base stats aren't phenominal. THere's Noctowl who is available now, but has even worse stats and typing. There is espeon but that is only available later.

So there doesn't seem to be much available for me now. Can someone maybe help me out with what I should try do? Are there some other pokemon I should not be overlooking?

Ok sorry if this is rushed, I had it all nicely typed out then my browser crashed and couldn't recover my writing..

Anyway so I joined Magma and stole requisitioned the old hags pokemon. I must have forgotten how the gang procedure works cause I wanted to activate the second event to take on team aqua so that I could get a hondour to help me against shely but the magma boss just says I must come back soon each time I go to him.

Anyway I decided to give up until after Shelly and begin with one of the most drawn out storylines to come in reborn. I shudder now thinking about Agate

We head up to shelly's gym to see the corpse of heather's father, long story short we we have to go explore under the staircase first. I end up having to save Victoria. The battle against Aster and Eclipse goes quite easily.

Then it's back to Shelly at her gym where I now need to go see a doctor. Which further reminds me of the many encounters that will be had with Dr Sigmund. We beat his orderly and its back to Shelly;'s gym to challenge her, but wait Victoria now wants to fight you (can you believe the audacity, you save her life and she wants to get in your way, oh well)

From my first run of reborn I needed to train up and grind since I had a massive lacking in psychic and flying moves.

So I grinded DankBudz and Vladimir got his chance to shine again. Luckily I could now go to the grand hall to face the rebattlable trainers for easy exp.

Since i don't actually write this down and write all of this as I go along playing it's difficult to remember the exact moments against Victoria, so I will summarise them for you

First out is DankBudz andScraggy, 2 acrobatics and Scraggy is out. the rest of the team goes down with relative ease thanks to either DankBudz or RocknRolla.

Last battle up is Valdimir vs Hariyama (for those who have forgotten and are too lazy to scroll up, Vladimir is a hoohoot, no Noctowl level 30)

Turn 1 Vladimir sets up reflect and Hariyama belly drums. Vladimir gets off confusion to which Hariyama starts chuckling. that chuckling turns into ROFLMAOing as he delivers a force palm that completely OHKOs Vladimir #somuchpotential DankBudz comes in to deliver an acrobatics to right the wrong of Vladimir

Anyway that's the end of Victoria and Vladimir is put back into the box for good this time.

Then it's on to Shelly.

The team is as follows:

Lead LillyD level 30 Spr_4p_095.png and scarletrose level 34 156.png

Rest of the team are GotWood level 35 978aec3a0b507893838998fc1e7ffca1-d7bpv4c, RocknRolla level 33 232.png, DankBudz level 35 189.png and KillSwitch level 35ampharos.png

Battle 1

Looking at the team I thing this should be a walk in the park......

First up is LillyD and ScarletRose vs Masqerain and Illumise

• LillyD uses stealth rock and ScarletRose uses flame wheel on Illumise. Illumise uses confuse ray and outspeed Scarletrose on LillyD, I forgot to visit the pokecentre before fighting shelly as I was too focused on completing the puzzle and as such when Masqerain used energy ball on LillyD she fainted but not before getting off stealthrock
  • To replace her is GotWood, it was at this point I regretted making him forget rock slide instead of Rock Tomb as it would have worked so well in the double battle.Shelly uses an Ultra potion on Illumise and ScarletRose uses flame wheel again on it. Masqerain uses bubblebeam on ScarletRose taking her down to just above half. A rock tomb from GotWood takes Masqerain out with a OHKO. Anorith takes its place
  • Another ultra potion for Illumise and ScarletRose delivers another flame wheel. Anorith retaliates with a deadly Rock slide and KOs ScarletRose, bt Gotwood takes vengeance with a rock tomb to KO Illumise for good
  • The replacements are wormaddam and RocknRolla, at this point I am starting to worry having lost the ace of the team. Both sides have suffered equal losses now
  • Several blows exchange between the new particpants but a focused effort from GotWood and RocknRolla take out Wormaddam. I decide to save anorith for later as magnitude will take out GotWood as well. in to replace wormaddam is Heather, Shely's Yanmega and thanks to a rapid spin earlier from anorith it blew away the stealth rocks, there goes that strategy
  • The yanmega uses ancient power on Gotwood leaving him the red followed by a rock slide from anorith taking him out before he can get a rock tomb to try and slow down the infernal yanmega. RocknRollas building rollout missed on the 3rd turn so no chance of taking out yanmega now.
  • Out comes KillSwitch to replace GotWood. Yanmega uses giga drain and takes out RocknRolla, but at least KillSwitch paralyses it with a thunderwave. All I have left is dankbudz and if Anorith uses RockSlide it will most likely take it out. I am now quite worried.
  • DankBudz uses an acrobatic that takes Yanmega down to 1/4 health, but anorith uses rock slide which doesnt kill DankBudz but makes KillSwitch flinch and I was going to use electric terrain. Yanmega uses sometthing (I am too friustrated at this point to notice) and KOs Dankbudz
  • It's now Killswitch on her own against the 2.
  • Anorith uses rock slide again leaving me with 1/3 health but a thinder punch takes out yanmega.
  • It's now KillSwitch vs Anorith and Volbeat. They attack before I can even get an attack off and that's it.

Battle 2

Because I still feel I was strong enough I make no changes and try again except for putting Gotwood out first instead of ScarletRose (well one change was made I had to use a commoncandy on GotWood since it levelled up to 36)

• LillyD and GotWood vs Masqqerain and Illumise. Onix sets up stealthrock but illumise uses dazzling gleam doing neglible damage to both gotwood and lillyD, but and energy ball from masqerain takes LillyD out again. GotWood OHKOs Masqerain
  • The replacements are RocknRolla and Wormaddam. Wormaddam uses strugglebug on both GotWood and RocknRolla who both take out Illumise, who is replaced with Anorith. Anorith uses rapid spin again blowing away the stealthrocks before GotWood can OHKO it with Rock Tomb. RocknRolla was confised in the prior turn and hurts itself this turn. Wormaddam attack it leaving it just above 1/4 HP. Out comes that Damn Yanmega again
  • Wormaddam and Yanmega both use giga drain to take out GotWood and RocknRolla. Out come ScarletRose and DankBudz, hopefully they can at least outspeed the Anorith and take out Yanmega
  • Stupid Yanmega outspeeds them both giving an ancient power to DankBudz leaving it with just under 1/2 HP and then raising all its stats so the combined attacks leave it with just under 1/4 hp. Anorith uses Mirrorshot on Dankbudz and crits to leave it with almost no HP.
  • Wormaddam is withdrawn for Volbeat and an ultra potion is given to Yanmega. the combined attacks for ScarletRose and DankBudz leave it with low HP again.
  • Volbeat uses strugglebugg taking out DankBudz and lowering ScarletRoses spATk. Out comes KillSwitch to try redeem the situation.
  • With no more potions Yanmega is free to attack and uses ancient power to take out ScarletRose. KillSwitch uses a thunder punch to take out Yanmega and vbeat boosts its Sp Attack drastically.
  • Again it is KillSiwitch vs the last 2. Volbeat crits with a strugglebug and its game over. Lets try this a third time.

Battle 3

• This time I ditch the stealthrock tactic and use LillyD's only turn of life to attack Illumise while GotWood takes out Masqerain. Out comes ScarletRose to replace her and Anoirith takes Masqerains place.
  • An ultra potion is used on Illumise. ScarletRose uses flame wheel on illumise and burns her will it be enough for the burn to KO? Find out on the next episode of DragonBall Z (honestly this gym is taking so long it is starting to feel like the Cell Saga, I had little trouble with it with my last run, but then again I had a Camerupt setting the field alight with Lava plume)
  • back to the battle. Anorith uses knock off on ScarletRose and takes her down to half HP (what the hell??) and GotWood takes out Anorith with Rock Tomb. The burn damage is not enough and another Ultra potion is used and wormaddam takes Anorith's place. Another Flame wheel leaves it with low HP and a Rock Tomb to Wormaddam (forgot to take note of the cloaks) and its on to the next turn.
  • With all the Ultra potions used I decide to use a quick attack to take out Illumise since she will outspeed ScarletRose and try a sucker punch from GotWood on Wormaddam. Illumise is take care of Wormaddam is at half health and uses struggle bug to weaken my Sp atk which I really need for yanmega who is out next.
  • ScarletRose outspeeds Yanmega to deliver a flame charge to take it down to 2/3 hp but it retaliates with a giga drain before gotwood can attack. Up next is DankBudz. If Scarlet can outspeed Yanmega again (it got a speed boost from flame charge) and DankBudz can get the go as well then Yanmega might be dealt with....
  • And ScarletDoes outspeed it delivering another flame charge leaving Yanmega with a scrap of life but it beats DankBudz and delivers a struggle bug leaving ScarleRose too with a scrap of life and take 1/3 of DankBudz HP, but an acrobatics and Yanmega is out. Wormaddam puts an end to ScarletRose's run wih a Psybeam
  • It is better this time around as with her last 2 pokemon out I still have 1 in reserve as KillSwitch takes ScarletRose's place.
  • First turn i try electric terrain to stop field advantage while volbeat boosts its sp atk drastically. an acrobatics from DankBudz does well to leave it with 1/4 HP. Wormaddam delivers a weak psybeam for negligible damage to DankBudz DankBudz and KillSwitch both outspeed their targets with DankBudz KOing volbeat with acrobatics and KillSwitch KOing Wormadam with ThunderPunch.

And for the mandatory victory pic (didn't crop it all just to show you what I mean when I say I type as I play when it comes to gym leaders)

2znraxj.jpg

The aftermath

30wxmrr.jpg

That concludes this part ...

Edited by Genesis

I used Quagsire, Jumpluff and Espeon, later switching Jumpluff to Meganium. Quagsire really helps because of earthquake (beat Serra 1st try because of it), and Jumpluff is really good actually. I also got a Crobat as soon as possible, and it was amazing.

Soonest I can get a Zubat is byxbysion, which if i remember is all the way after the apophyl/ azurine story and then still after the Tanzan mountain story after breaking the kids out of the asylum correct me if I am wrong?

Soonest I can get a Zubat is byxbysion, which if i remember is all the way after the apophyl/ azurine story and then still after the Tanzan mountain story after breaking the kids out of the asylum correct me if I am wrong?

I think you are right, yeah. Just mentioned it because I remembered halfway through what I used for flying types :D

Ok, so after I had rested my mind preparing it for the long drawn out parts to come I got back to the game. but first, I went to complete the second magma mission to pick up a really helpful little asset.

I had some trouble picking a name for this guy and out of the many names that came to mind I decided to go with the follwing:

Enter: PainMuch 228.pngthe male hondour. Not only did he help a ton in clearing up the orderlies with Dr Sigmund but I had a feeling he would help a lot against Shade due to his typing. At least that's what I hoped

Back to the game.

After defeating Shelly I am told to see Ame at the grand hall about the backup posion leader. And there I get greeted by Fern who is smug as always. Quick workings is made of his team which probably brings me more satisfaction than beating the Elite 4 in any other game. From their I am told to meet Cain in a cemetery (yeah who would have thought he was a necrophiliac too)

Quick work is made of Cain, guess he couldn't last long against Scarlet, but then again I don't think there's a man alive who could.. except maybe Terra.

Only to find out after beating Cain that we have to travel all the way back to Lapis (damn I really should learn to stock up on repels) to go back to Shelly to run after Heather. When we get there we have to chase her out for her to be Kidnapped by Dr Creepo, only to have to go back to the gym to devise a strategy (why couldn't we just do that there) and then to go back to Dr Creepo's "facility" (if you ask me it's a more a fun room inspired by 50 shades of pleasure)

On through all the dialogue there we rescue Heather and have to run to the underground railnet where hints about future events are mentioned. I forget to bring an HM slave for the rock smash and it's a quick trip to the poke center to pick up one. Back we go, get to the locked gates and we are told to fight shade. remembering how tough he was last time I decided not to take my chances and it's off to Ame's grand Hall to grind some quicker EXP.

While deactivating the gates to shades gym we are greeted with some pretty eerie scenes. I still haven't made heads or tails of them and whether they relate to past or future reborn story

the team going in (since I can't remember his starting line up) is as follows:

Lead: (I have no real strategy going in other than to try take away the field advantage) KillSwitch Level 39 ampharos.png

ScarletRose level 38 157.png

PainMuch level 38 229-m.png

RocknRolla Level 36 232.png

GotWood Level 38 SudowoodoNormalSprite.gif

and finally DankBudz level 39 189.png

I still feel a little under levelled considering nothing is at the cap but let's see how this goes...

Battle 1

• KillSwitch vs Corey (Gengar) Corey is Fast AF, He let's a Thinderbolt hit me while I setup Electric terrain. Turn 2 ends with another thunderbolt from Corey and a Thunder punch from KillSwitch taking Corey down to 1/2 HP. An Ultrapotion Thunder punch fued continues for the next 2 turns after which Coreys uses a Shadow Claw and I deliver my final Thinderpunch to eliminate one of the big threats early on
  • Up next is PainMuch vs Banette. Banette uses a shadow sneak and without electric terrain in effect delivers still very little damage to which a solid bite is delivered to Banette taking it down to 1/3 HP
  • Banette is withdrawn on the next turn for Trevanent who is faced with another incoming bite taking it down to 1/3 hp. PainMuch is at least faster than this dead rotting tree and KOs it with another bite
  • Next up it's duoblade vs ScarletRose. ScarletRose doesnt fair too well as ater she delivers a flame wheel she is met with a shadow claw that crits and takes her into the red. next turn seals the deal as she drops duoblade into the read and is sent to the graveyard
  • PianMuch replaces her and avenges her fallen body KOing Duoblade with a bite
  • Next is Rotom vs GotWood. A sucker punch takes Rotom down to half and is met with a BZZZAAAAAP discharge which KOs GotWood (i forgot to use the ability capsule I got recently to change it to sturdy)
  • Back comes PainMuch. Rotom uses pain split but it doesn't matter because a bite comes to avenge GotWood (I think I need to rename him to Avenger or something)
  • Banette decides to stop running away and comes to face PainMuch. PainMuch is faster this time and KOs with another bite
  • Out comes the final threat to my victory - Chandelure. This battle ends quicker than you can howl the word Hondooooooooooooooooooooo(take a breath)oooooooooom). 2 bites make quick work of Chandelure who tries in vain to hand on with a sitrus berry.

Mandatory bragging pic:

2vjpoqo.jpg

and the aftermath (not that there was much)

jzuhs.jpg

All in all I think this gym becomes a hell of a lot easier with a dedicated dark pokemon.

We activate and open the railnet door only to find we have helped the enemy. Cain makes a rookie mistake and it's time to continue this long and drawn out story...

TL:DR Houndoom OP for shade. Bite OP for shade. Who know's maybe Shade's one of the 50 shades of grey?

So on with the story..

Cain has blocked our path up and we need to go speak to him to try get the key still. So we rush off to Coral ward where this guy just hops on his muk and sails off (wish I could do that, or do I considering we know what happens to him)

Then we meet Amaria and it's off to the factory in peridot to try cleanse the water. You may be cool, but you will never be cool as me riding my bike up an ice beam bridge. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike~~~

But we can't. Who else misses professor Oak shouting at them?

45 minutes later we get through to face ZeL

ScarletRose delivers 3 flame wheels to take out Glaceon who uses an ultra potion in the process

Next is DankBudz against Pulse muk, a leech seed is planted and DankBudz has done her job and is replaced ith RocknRolla who uses 2 maginitudes a 7 and 8 to take out the pulse muk. It used muddy water twice and because the attacks picked up electricity it did not affect RocknRolla

PainMuch takes care of Espeon quite quickly and GotWood takes out Umbreon to put an end to the factory waste spillage.

Then it's all the way back to Coral Ward to sail to Apophyll..

This was just a short update, next is soon to follow, maybe

So we go through to apophyl and while there we pick up 2 new additions, namely

50Hentais 213.pngand Pinky 222.gif

I have plans for 50Hentais at a later stage, while Pinky is there to fill the water gap..

We go through the training academy and eventually get told we need to find Cal on top of Pyrous mountain. After 15 minutes of traversing through the mountain's puzzles we head to the top to face him.

I may have not really thought things through and rushed into the battle.

His Infernape takes out GotWood, RocknRolla takes out the infernape and Typhlosion

His magmortar has thiunderbolt and takes out Pinky so KillSwitch comes in to change the terrain and KOs with Discharge which also then takes out Delphox up next is Charizard

So RocknRolla goes in to try a round of rollouts, but the accuracy sucks on rollout FML. Second round Rollout KOs Charizard and I forget that not switching keeps rollout going. Luckily a 3rd rollout to Blaziken KOs it while ROcknROlla is left with 6 HP and a burn.

Although I won I went into the battle far too rushed and it was far too close. All I had left to work with would have been a low HP KillSwitch, ScarletRose which only knows fire and DankBudz which would hvae done nothing but burn. I seem to have forgotton the story a little as I was prepping for Solaris, anyway it's back down the mountain now to face Kiki, well first Victoria

I use the same team for her. but forgot to switch DankBudz to first, so she sustains some decent damage from Scraggy before taking it out , man Hi jump kick hurts)

Next is RocknRolla vs Emboar 3 magnitudes 7,4 and 9 take it out

Next is GotWood vs Heracross, Heracross uses Close combat (which I wasn't prepared for) and KOs on the second turn

Back in comes RocknRolla who in a flourish of rollouts burns up the icecreams and KOs Heracross

Next is DankBudz vs Gallade and 2 acrobatics seal the deal.

Next is the infernal Hariyama. Unfortunately DankBudz is in the red from all prior battles. One acrobatics takes Hairyama down to 1/3 but is then knocked out by a smelling salts

Luckily I still have a few pokemon who can do the job, in comes KillSwitch to clinch victory for team Scarlet

A quick trip to the pokecentre and the real battle finally begins..

Still the same team as before but leading with DankBudz up against Machamp. I still have a massive whole in the psychic department so let's see how this goes.

• DankBudz battles a few turns through some Ultra Potions and takes half health damage before taking out Machamp
  • DankBudz vs Gallade. Gallade is left with red HP before a poison jab ends DankBudz promising run
  • ScarletRose vs Gallade. I try a flame wheel that does almost no damage to Gallade. 2 turns pass with Gallade on 2/3 HP and ScarletRose being KOd
  • Next is GotWood vs Gallade, hopefully sturdy counter will work for me - it does!
  • Up next is Lucario vs RocknRolla, EQ OHKO FTW
  • Again OHKO against Hitmonlee
  • AND against Toxicroak
  • However no luck against Medicham and RocknRolla's winning spree is brought to an abrupt end
  • GotWood comes in for some suckerpunch damage and is KOd with its 1HP
  • KillSwitch comes out to change the terrain and is brought to 1/2 HP with a drain punch. A discharge and Medicham is paralyzed. Phew last turn victory ensured.

Victory

34y8909.jpg

Aftermath again close

243ma82.jpg

My memory really has faded as my challenge for Solaris will have to wait as I have to go save Cain's sorry butt first

Okay, so on to the next part - we are finally drawing nearer to the end of this saga.

We head on to Azurine island, I contemplated catching a mighty Yanma, but since I can't use Yanmega I decided to scrap the idea. instead I caught this guy:

Swagaristic quagsire.pngUnfortunately Terra already took the name Swagsire so I was bummed about that.

We trudge through, get to Aster and Eclipse and with an unlucky start I soft reset with a better starting team who makes mince meat of them.

We save Cain and it's back to the top of Pyrous mountain where for the first time I beat Solaris. I solid sturdy counter combo inspired by Dragon116 and makes quick work of Solariss Garchomp

16gj21l.jpg

I head back to Azurine island thinking I can try get myself a Chikorita, but it seems I have to beat Aya first.

So it's back to Reborn where a quick match is had with Cain, quickly traversing through the Byxbricks, Bygsticks, ByxBison? The poison wasteland to take on Aya. I still want to go pick up a Zubat and Misdreavus, but that can wait until after, depending on what's on Aya's team.

We meet Fern there and take great pride in wiping his team with an audience watching. Then it's on to Aya's team

For her team I went with RocknRolla (45) donphan-f.png and ScarletRose (44) lead pokemon_typhlosionSprite.gif followed by PainMuch (40)houndoom.pngPinky (42) 222.gifGotWood 43 SudowoodoNormalSprite.gifand KillSwitch (43) ampharos.png

After some quick reconsideration I swap KillSwitch to lead in place of RocknRolla

Battle 1

I clearly didnt think my strategy through as ScarletRose and KillSwitch did just as much damage to each other as they did to Nidoqueen and Tentacruel who used Turn one to setup spikes and toxic spikes. The second round ended with ScarletRose and TentaCruel being KOd

Pinky and Gengar come into replace the fallen. I swap out KilLSwitch upon the first turn because she is going to die anyway for PainMuch only to have Gengar use a focus punch to OHKO him. Pinky bubblebeams NidoQueen to red HP

GotWood replace PanMuch and uses a sucker punch to leave Gengar with red HP, an ultra is used on Nidoqueen and 1 round later she is KOd by a bubblebeam from Pinky that Crits

In comes Dragalge to replace Nidoqueen, the terrain returns to normal and after Dragalge KOs pinky, GotWood takes Gengar down to 1/2 HP after it was given an ultra potion. Since the field returns to normal the toxic spikes explode and take out GotWood.

I am down to my final 2 pokemon

Cue RocknRolla and a weakened KillSwitch. I soft reset as I know there's no hope

Battle 2

I made some changes and I am not even gonna recap as I got walled by Dragalge again.

Same with battle 3. I am now a bit stuck, gonna make another thread for some help