[IC] FoToK Chapter 1-The Lab Rats Scurry Under the Microscope. Hijacked_Network

Hiss13

"Oh, well I guess I'm being kinda rude then, sorry Makoto-chan." The boy cleared his throat and stretched his arms behind himself at the same time, creating a rare break in his speech. "I can control light and stuff, but indirectly I guess. I take something and change how it reflects or refracts light, so I can do all sorts of fun stuff. Like this!" Another expression of focus - though the wide grin remained on his face - and suddenly his hair seemed to shift through all the colors of the visible spectrum and then some, fading to an ultraviolet black after purple before he ran a hand over it and returned it to its "original" pink color. "Not just colors, too, I can make lenses and mirrors and project images and stuff too. Though pictures take a while, I mean have you ever tried to make an image pixel by pixel in a computer? Imagine doing that but with your brain. It's fun though." For once, however, he cut off his own ramblings, curiosity still driving Haruki's conversation. "So what about you, Kiyoko-chan?"

• 3 weeks later...

Kiyoko paused. She was in a hotel, even if the door was locked there was little chance of it being well-secured. She could probably get out pretty easily without showing off, but at the same time... She glanced at the wall, it was wallpapered over but she was fairly certain it was concrete, she wouldn't be bringing the roof down on top of herself or anything silly like that.

"Tell you what, Kita-san, I'll show you." She said, smiling mischievously.

She set the tablet down well out of the way but still where its camera could pick up the door. Then she haphazardly disrobed herself, tossing her garments on the bed. She slowed down and was more careful when removing her earring, placing them delicately by the tablet. She then went and stood just under 20 centimeters from the door, she turned to the tablet and smiled.

"Enjoy the view, pervent-boy." Said said, holding her arm out in front of her.

She snapped her fingers and the door flew off it's hinges, crashing into the opposite wall. The doorframe cracked and bent, part of it following after the door that had been attached to it. The wallpaper around her shredded itself, flying away in a loose confetti. The carpet around her feet followed a similar pattern, ripping away to reveal the concrete floor beneath, which caved in slightly but didn't fully give way. Kiyoko herself floated up half a meter in the air, her hair flying about wildly as all of the displaced items stirred up the air. She hung there a for a moment, surrounded by complete silence, before dropping to the ground where she landed lightly on the balls of her feet. Without a word, she walked to the bed and began dressing herself as though nothing had happened. The fact that anything had happened at all was betrayed only by strips of wallpaper and carpet floating gently down around the ruined door frame.

She seemed pretty nonchalant about stripping, considering the stereotypically flustered response she gave the annoying one just a few minutes ago.... "Well, it's certainly an interesting one..." Makoto sighed, though otherwise apparently unphased by the juvenile disrobing. Xe turned to Kita's screen. "So, does that satisfy your curiosity and your adolescent urges then?" They paused for a moment, as if they expected an answer or something. Xe picked up almost immediately though, hardly enough time to get one "Good. Because we've Savages to find, targets to kill. And they certainly won't take their own lives, at least that's what I've come to learn over the years. Would be nice if they did though..." Xe smiled at the camera, lips curling so wickedly that it easily accentuated the feminine qualities of the Hit person's face. "But then, I'd be out of a job, wouldn't I?"

Without another word, Xir screen in the video call went dark. Makoto moved towards the door, stowing the powered off device within xir coat, placing the opposite hand on the knob."This... is going to be quite the little ordeal. I can already feel it... I just wonder who will be the ones to make it into an ordeal- those two amateurs I'm stuck working with, or the Kiharas?"

Haruki's eyes widened more than slightly at the display. He almost got upset about being called a pervert again, but any objection he may have raised was quickly cut off by the display of power. "Wooah. . ." he exhaled once Kiyoko settled back to the ground. "That was really cool." Wow, that could probably really hurt someone. I guess if that's what we're doing, it's a good thing.

"I guess Makoto-chan left to go do their own thing but we can still decide what we should do. I mean we should probably go for Sousai so we don't have people that can track our every move trying to murder us and stuff but everyone seems really nasty. Especially that Kenbi, I really really really can't stand people like that, like it's really bad what they do. What do you think?"

• 2 months later...

The Video Call
"Ugh…this just got…even more troublesome." Yuiitsu muttered. "I request they at least try to be discrete and they fail in a matter of minutes…well, at least one of them is as eager to get the job done with and move on as I am. Working with a hastily assembled team on a rush job is stupid."

"It can't be helped. With the war, Accelerator's flight to Russia, the matter of Hamazura Shiage, and the matter of Fiamma of the Right, this is probably as low a priority to Aleister as Gensei-kun's actions during the Daihaseisai were."

"In that case, I will cut my end of the call short. Seeing as one of you has left and another decided to destroy the door locking you in, I will be cutting the call completely and unlocking the only door that has yet to be unlocked. If you wish to continue discussion, feel free to do so on the phones. They have each of your 'allies's phone numbers in their contact list. With that, I am cutting off this conversation."

With that abrupt ending, the video call immediately closed off. Whatever planning that Haruki was trying to prompt had been silenced. The doors to the salon room that Haruki was in clicked as they unlocked.

"Honestly. Being the negotiator for the family is such a tedious and thankless job."

Komuri Makoto
With the video call over, the sound of the door to the break room had clicked and unlocked. Beyond the door was was a singular area that had three exits. The first was an exit to the left of the room that would take Makoto out to the convergence point of Districts 11, 18, and 23. On the right was the entrance to the main district, a nearly automated area devoid of people. The final exit was the door to what was likely a storage room for equipment used by the engineers during scheduled maintenance.

Haruki pouted for a moment at the abrupt cutoff of the conversation. He perked up immediately, however, at the thought of leaving the drab room. He pocketed the phone, grabbed the tablet and flipped it up so it rested in his hand and the crook of his elbow, and stood up all in one quick motion, his feet leaving the ground as he hopped up to them. He made a beeline for the nearest door and threw it open, wanting to leave the place he was before he did anything else.

Makoto made way to the storage room's door with little hesitation upon noticing it, as much as xe just wanted to get this mess over with and get paid, xe still had to admit that it might be useful to at least take a brief glimpse of what the Engineers might be packing. Who knows, something seemingly irrelevant now may well have good use later. It certainly wouldn't be the first it happened for xem...

Xe tried to handle, just like the last door, it wouldn't be all that surprising if it were locked, honestly. Not that that would stop him if it was though...