Preserve the Wilderness: Cyaloom's Pokemon Black 2 run

Cyaloom

I'd replace Lucario personally with Mienshao, as I find Lucario's in-game level up moveset in Gen 5 kind of poor compared to gen 4 where he was more offensive. He doesn't get close combat until level 55...but gen 4 used to get it at 42 :/

That reason right there brings his usefulness in gen 5's main game down a lot for me

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

I'd replace Lucario personally with Mienshao, as I find Lucario's in-game level up moveset in Gen 5 kind of poor compared to gen 4 where he was more offensive. He doesn't get close combat until level 55...but gen 4 used to get it at 42 :/

That reason right there brings his usefulness in gen 5's main game down a lot for me

Good point, but Mienfoo only evolves at level 50 while Lucario is already evolved.

Also I'm using this opportunity to apologize for the lack of posts recently.

Hopefully, after some time, I'll be able to progress with the story (and getting to an important part of it), and post some cool updates!

Man it has been a long time! Last update was almost two weeks ago. Anyways, I'm finally going to reach a new location and beat quite a lot of trainers.

Of course, my PC had to crash when I was typing this, so that I had to write it again... perfect timing.

Part 14: (Another) Meteorite Pokemon

Boldore, you will not be forgotten.

I've finally replaced Boldore with the newcomer Staryu, who currently is not very strong but that will, hopefully, become a great team member: I plan on evolving it into Starmie soon and then letting it learn Ice Beam and, hopefully right before the league, Thunderbolt.

Most of the time I've spent on the game recently has been defeating the trainers in Undella Bay, Route 13 and Route 14. With their help my team members have gained about two levels each; Lucario has learned Swords Dance and Crobat has learned Mean Look (useful for Roaming Legendaries). Some trainers were actually putting up a good challenge, especially those who challenged me to Triple Battles.

I've also beaten Hugh (again) on my way to Route 13: Boldore was able to kill Unfezant, of course only after many Detects, Taunts, and other annoying moves that only postponed the Bird Pokemon's defeat; after that Emboar and Simipour were handled by Krokorok and Serperior.

My rival kept talking about Team Plasma and his sister's Purrloin, then left Undella Town.

aa9SyRR.png?1

On my way to Lacunosa Town I've also found this. It's the same legendary Pokemon I've met near the entrance of Chargestone Cave, Cobalion: later in the game I'll also find the other Pokemon from this legendary trio.

ZyRURv4.png?1

I entered Lacunosa Town, finding Bianca and Professor Juniper there. They wanted me to hear a story from this elder woman... some people said it was a legend, some people believe that it's reality.

So, a meteorite fell near Lacunosa Town, creating the Giant Chasm, and inside there seemed to be a very powerful Pokemon, that would also prey people and Pokemon living in the town, bringing cold winds with it. This is why there are walls all around the town.

Now, you might remember Solrock, Lunatone (who are also found near here, not casually) and the legendary Pokemon Deoxys: they all are said to come from Space; meaning this new Pokemon might be related to them as well...

That Pokemon, called

Kyurem, of course

was later compared with Zekrom by Professor Juniper: she even said that they both might come from the same meteorite, as Zekrom can transform itself into the Dark Stone, and told me to talk about this with Drayden, the Dragon-type Gym Leader of Opelucid City, and the next leader I have to fight!

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 38
Bite, Acrobatics, Mean Look, Fly
krokorok.gif
Krokorok, Lv. 39
Sand Tomb, Embargo, Crunch, Dig
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 38
Force Palm, Bone Rush, Endure, Quick Attack
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 38
Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade
staryu.gif
Staryu, Lv. 38
Brine, Surf, Light Screen, Minimize
litwick.gif
Litwick, Lv. 39
Hex, Will-o-wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball

Edited by Cyaloom

Reply:

And so, in a miracle of events, the town of Audinoville rejoiced as their usual predators decided to spare them! This is a new day for the rustling grass!

Nice joke :)
I don't want to make Audinos extinct.

Now this is going to be an interesting update. I just wanted to play this game and had some free time, so this is the result.

Part 15: Sheer Cold bringers
This time I'll be actually trying to exit Lacunosa Town. On my way to Route 12 there's Hugh again: as I talk to him we're approached by a Team Plasma Sage and a grunt, and we are challenged to a fight. Not a big deal, as the sage's Cryogonals are easily defeated by Lucario and my rival's Emboar takes care of the grunt's Golbat and Garbodor.
9oAf7SW.png?1
That sage, who decided to keep working for Team Plasma, is ZInzolin: I'll meet him again soon.

Without other important events, I'm able to beat all of the trainers of Route 12, Village Bridge, and finally Route 11, where I meet another interesting Pokemon:
s6IpOfx.png?1
Like Cobalion in Route 13, this time we encounter Virizion! What could this mean...?

Finally I arrive to Opelucid City. Before attempting to challenge the Gym Leader and Mayor of the city, Drayden, I am greeted by Iris and try to explore Route 9.
In Route 9's Hidden Grotto I have also found an interesting Muk, who I've caught.
CLdhcdC.png
Not bad, but my team is pretty much set from now on.
Thanks to the trainers, something interesting also happens:
p3JLwYn.png?1
Very nice!

With all of the trainers defeated, I can now enter Drayden's gym. The trainers here have high leveled Dragon-type Pokemon with set-up moves: most of the time it's a matter of weakening them and then revenge killing them with Crobat or Serperior. I've also been challenged to a Triple battle and a Rotation one, of course.
Right before the fight with Drayden, another cool thing happens:
VcTU8H5.png?1
Yay! I don't need to baby this Pokemon anymore! (or do I?)

uWEGhCm.png?1
It's time! I have to earn my seventh badge fighting against Drayden.
He opens up with a Druddigon, who is handled by Lucario and Krookodile. Flygon is stalled out by Serperior, who sets up with Coil and Leech Seed. Everything seems to go well for me: I can talk every attack of the next and last Pokemon and use Leech Seed, then continue with this strategy.
The last Pokemon, a level 48 Haxorus, uses Dragon Tail and forces the switch, actually surprising me. After that, I tried sending out Lampent and burn Haxorus, but of course Lampent was knocked out easily. I just hope Chandelure will pay off... Anyways, I keep sending out my team members, who are all knocked out but are able to weaken Haxorus: it becomes a One versus One Pokemon fight as I send out Serperior. My Pokemon, who is actually faster, is able to deal the final blow to Haxorus with Leaf Blade, granting me the victory and the Legend Badge!

As I come out of the gym, though, something very bad happens.
IVH6jCW.png?14mDZyZo.png?1JuPzkJN.png?1
I've seen that ship before...

The ice that was created was impossible to break through normal means, as Drayden's Haxorus bounced backwards on it attempting to destroy it with Dragon Tail.
Soon Team Plasma shows up and claims to be who's responsible. This means, I have to fight some grunts!
But first... let me take a selfie
7VTIYfG.png?1
I went back to Route 19 and played some Hide and Seek inside of a cliff. There is actually a tile error that allows you to hide like that.
Anyways, I've flown there to get a Water Stone, so that I can finally make my Staryu evolve.
Q5MKNsz.png?1
Now this Pokemon is strong!
I've also taught it Psychic, using the TM29 that I've found on route 13.

xShZgUA.png?1
Now I'm finally ready to fight the grunts and, last but not least, Zinzolin. 1v1 me.
Zinzolin, who likes Ice types, was swept by Lucario with three attacks. The additional Steel typing was actually rather helpful, as the enemy Pokemon were faster than my companion and tried to use Ice Beam or Slash (Weavile).

Od0zI4a.png?1
Now, these are the DNA Splicers, which Drayden used to keep in the gym. He said that one single Pokemon became Zekrom and Reshiram, and that probably there might have been a husk that was left over, that could have become Kyurem. The DNA Splicers are, of course, related to these Pokemon and allow Kyurem to change form.
The problem is that those Splicers have been stolen by the Shadow Triad (they were the ones that got me, Hugh and Cheren out of the Plasma Frigade back at the PWT) and are now under the ownership of Team Plasma...
Furthermore, now the whole Opelucid City is covered in unmeltable and unbreakeable ice.

Team Plasma finally showed off, demonstrating that they are not to be taen lightly (like in the early game), and it's our goal to stop them.

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 41
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 41
Sand Tomb, Foul Play, Crunch, Dig
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 41
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 42
Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade
starmie.gif
Starmie, Lv. 42
Light Screen, Surf, Psychic, Minimize
lampent.gif
Lampent, Lv. 41
Hex, Will-o-wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball

Edited by Cyaloom

Team Plasma can wait... why not challenge the Gym...

Part 16: The last gym!

So, after beating Zinzolin in Opelucid City, we have one more opponent left: one member of the Shadow Triad. After another Lucario sweep, he tells me that the DNA splicers are not in his possession - he battled us to buy the other members some time. Then he disappears.

Now I can finally head to Humilau City, challenge the trainers in Route 21 and also battle the Gym.

RtnOdfQ.png?1

Yeah, team Plasma can wait.

ZAf1urs.png?1
So here we go! Starmie was able to handle easily Carracosta, who went down with two Psychics. Jellicent was weakened by Krookodile (who was faster, despite the level disadvantage) and defeated by Serperior, who also took care of Marlon's last Pokemon, Wailord. It was fairly easy, at least more than Drayden, although Marlon's Pokemon's levels were fairly high (around 50, while I was around level 44).

Now we have all the Gym Badges and we are ready to challenge the League! But of course Team Plasma comes first. Hugh told me to search them around Route 22, which is where I'll go in the next update... But there is one thing I still need to do.

pbKwTsr.png?1

Now I don't have to baby this Pokemon anymore! I'll hopefully get TM35 (Flamethrower) before the league as well.

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 44
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 43
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 43
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 45
Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade
starmie.gif
Starmie, Lv. 44
chandelure.gif
Chandelure, Lv. 45
Curse, Will-o-wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball

Edited by Cyaloom

Replies

Damn, this is looking good! I would have loved to watch this adventure if it was recorded.

Thank you!

I personally prefer to write here the runs for many reasons: first, I don't have a Youtube channel; second, I think an explanation on what I do would be mandatory for this kind of run, but my spoken english is not that good; and last, by writing the run here, people can only read what interests them more, without having to see every cutscene of a game they've most likely already played or known something about.

Flamethrower isn't until after you beat Plasma, sorry. Fire Blast is in Lacunosa Town for a ton of $$$, or you can grab Heat Wave in Humilau for the cost of 10 yellow shards at the Move Tutor.

Thanks for the information! I'll consider Heat Wave as well.

Part 17: The Plasma Frigade!

So, after beating the Gym, what was left to do was finally beating Team Plasma once and for all. Not an easy task, of course, but actually possible.

I was told to search them near Route 22, but I found something different:

hfun967.png?1

After standing in front of the last Legendary Pokemon, Colress appeared once again and gave me his protoype of an energizing machine, the Colress Machine.

I also tried to enter the Giant Chasm, but two Plasma grunts were blocking the area. Classic.

Therefore, I returned back to Humilau city and then made my way to Seaside Cave, where I've also "unlocked" the opening heading to Undella Bay, and the third one. A Crustle was previously blocking the access, but thanks to the Colress Machine, I was able to awaken it and catch it.

The Colress machine broke right after that, probably because Colress wasn't reall on my side, or durability was the last of his problems.

On the small beach that opening lead to, I've found Hugh and Marlon. The Plasma Frigade was also around there, with a very easy access way provided by Marlon himself.

My rival and I finally returned on that ship, beating many grunts on our way. To unlock a magnetic barrier I also had to go through a Teleporting pads "puzzle" guarded by many grunts: they weren't too difficult and allowed my team to gain one or two levels each.

Jlp97Bm.png?1

Once the gate was opened I was teleported in this room. Zinzolin and a grunt were staying there, guarding the legendary Pokemon, Kyurem. They told us what they wanted to do with that Pokemon and then challenged me and Hugh to a Multiple battle.

Despite some confusion hacks and a freeze on my Lucario, we were able to win the battle, putting Zinzolin in a bad situation.

And what does Zinzolin do when he's in a bad situation?

He calls the Shadow Triad to get us out of there. Obvious.

qCK5aSK.png?1

We are lying on the beach when the Plasma Frigade flies away, headed to the Giant Chasm. Cheren approaches us and talks about Reshiram and Zekrom, then tells me and Hugh where Team Plasma was going.

Stopping them (for real this time) is now up to Hugh and, of course, me.

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 45
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 46
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 46
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 45
starmie.gif
Starmie, Lv. 45
chandelure.gif
Chandelure, Lv. 45

Edited by Cyaloom

Now this is an important part :D

Part 18: The end?
Not the end of the run, of course.

The last episode ended with the Plasma Frigate flying away, towards the Giant Chasm. Once I return there, the Plasma Grunts allow me to proceed: I find the sought-after TM13, Ice Beam, which I teach immediately to Starmie. This is going to be very important in a fight later.

The crater area is almost completely covered in ice. Hugh and some former Plasma members are arguing with some Plasma grunts, but they let us pass. Not before Rood has given me some Max Revives (another important item for later).
I can finally enter for one last time the Plasma Frigate, this time exploring a new area: after a puzzle with extensible tubes and some grunts, I'm able to obtain the password for the Kyurem chamber and get my Pokemon healed by a Medic.

Right here begins an impressive series of Pokemon Battles against major characters. First in line is Zinzolin, who hasn't changed anything on his team. Bad decision, as Lucario is able to sweep, defeating every Pokemon with one single Palm Force. The two Cryogonals only tried to use Ice Beam or the completely useless Light Screen, while Weavile used the not very effective Slash.

The second fight is held in the pilot room, where there's another recurring character, Colress (also known as Mr. Internet Explorer).
tK2jznb.png?1

Serperior is able to pave the way to what could seem a Krookodile sweep: my Ground type came in against Magneton and was able to knock it out easily. Magnezone was thrown away as it used Explosion as I was attempting to use Dig, leaving my companion unscathed. Beeheyem tanked the Dig and knocked out Krookodile with an Energy Ball, stopping my Pokemon's rampage only to let Chandelure defeat it. Klinklang was probably the most difficult to handle, but Chandelure defeated it as well. Metang, the last Pokemon sent out by Colress, was also defeated by my Ghost-type, with the help of Serperior.

After beating Colress I'm able to proceed and reach Ghetsis' room.
wo9cf4W.png?1
As Kyurem is meanwhile getting transferred, he leaves and tells the Shadow Triad to battle me and Hugh instead. Some other important people.
Here, Hugh's sister's Pokemon, that was stolen years ago, is retrieved by one of the Triad members. It's a fully evolved Liepard now, who has been battling alongside the Shadow Triad for quite a while now. So, while my rival stares at it, I have to defeat all of the Triad's members. Nothing too difficult.

I'm finally able to reach the cave where Ghetsis has gone. I heal my Pokemon and enter, trying to catch up with him, and I find him at the end of the cave with the legendary Pokemon, Kyurem.
os4cQX7.png?1
He orders the Pokemon to attack me with Glaciate to freeze me in place, but another character comes in...
aQnmMCu.png?1
N and Zekrom save me, without knowing that Ghetsis has a different plan in his mind. That's what the DNA Splicers that were stolen in Opelucid City were there for, right?
Right?
HncjfJ1.png?105d3ucS.png?1

Kyurem and Zekrom were fused together using that item, and now Ghetsis wants me to battle the newly obtained Kyurem-Black.
Here comes another major fight: Kyurem is at level 55 here, and has some powerful moves backed up by great stats.

Despite the level disadvantage Serperior pulls off Leech Seed right off the bat while Kyurem tries to charge Freeze Shock. My Pokemon follows up with a Leaf Blade before getting defeated and passing the ball to Chandelure. He is able to cripple the legendary even more with Will-o-Wisp and to weaken it with Flare burst.
Starmie then comes in to take another Freeze Shock as Kyurem's health is whittled away by the seeds and the burn. One Surf is all that's needed to defeat the mighty Kyurem-Black.

MGq90Ke.png?1
Frustrated and surprised, Ghetsis challenges me to a battle right after my victory against Kyurem Black. N heals my team just in time, so that we can both use our full potential. Serperior is sent out first again and is able to land Leech Seed on Cofagrigus, who misses Toxic. I send in Crobat to weaken the mummy Pokemon, who gets finished off by Chandelure.
Seismitoad is knocked out with a single Leaf Blade from Serperior, who is also able to use Leech Seed on Ghetsis' next Pokemon, Eelektross. Krookodile, with the help of Chandelure, finishes him off.
The next Pokemon, who caused me some trouble, is Drapion. I try to weaken it with Krookodile but my Pokemon can't deal enough damage and gets defeated. I also use Crobat's Acrobatics and Chandelure, this way using many Max Revives. Finally Crobat gets to inflict the final blow.
Next up is Hydreigon, who, surprisingly, wasn't as troublesome. Crobat weakened him with Acrobatics before being defeated by a Rock Slide. Starmie can then come in and defeat the dragon-type with the newly learned Ice Beam.
The last Pokemon, Toxicroak, is quickly taken care of by Starmie's Psychic.

And with this victory, Team Plasma seems to be finally disbanded. All that I need to do now is to beat the Pokemon League, without having a Villainous team interfering.
I also exit from the eastern exit of the Giant Chasm, this way arriving to Route 23; the last route before the Victory Road and the league. My team is about to get to level 50 (the levels I've beaten the Platinum League with) and, after coming this far, seems eager to continue our adventure. An adventure that is, most likely, going to end soon. If that can be defined an "end", of course.

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 48
Bite, Acrobatics, Haze, Fly
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 48
Bulldoze, Foul Play, Crunch, Dig
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 48
Force Palm, Bone Rush, Endure, Shadow Claw
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 48
starmie.gif
Starmie, Lv. 48
Light Screen, Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam
chandelure.gif
Chandelure, Lv. 49

Edited by Cyaloom

The main part of the game is now about to end, as we are (hopefully) going to defeat the Pokemon League soon.

Because of this, I'd like you to state whether you are interested in the post game (PWT, New Routes, Legendary Pokemon) or not. Also, if you have any other suggestion for another run, I'm here listening :)

Part 19: Get Hyped!

So, last time we witnessed the End of Team Plasma, but certainly not the end of the run.

With that problem solved, now we're finally free to complete our first objective: overcome the biggest obstacle yet, the Pokemon League.

Route 23 is now accessible, so I just explore it and finally arrive to the gates leading to Victory Road.

VmtA0Tt.png?1

That's where, after some intense fights with other trainers, I find N. After an important speech about Pokemon Battles (he was against them at the beginning) he hands out HM05, Waterfall, and lets me proceed. As all of my badges are recognized, the gate can now open.

Eqm6rnX.png?1

This means I can finally enter Victory Road, the last obstacle before arriving to the League. The trainers here, while being very strong, are still getting defeated by my team and I'm able to get to the end of the road. That's where I find a recognized face.

oPFlOSl.png?2

He is using four Pokemon; the first is Unfezant. Starmie is able to handle it with Ice Beam, without getting much damage in return.

The next Pokemon is Bouffalant... and here I begin having some trouble. Despite it knocking out my team members easily, it's slow: this way I can progressively weaken it, until Crobat finishes it off.

Simipour is no match for my Serperior and Hugh's ace, Emboar, is defeated by Chandelure's Shadow Ball, after my Krookodile landed Dig before getting knocked out.

My rival leaves, but before doing that he actually gives me a present, TM24 (Thunderbolt), which I use on Starmie.

Eu8lmxz.png?1

And here we are! The Pokemon League is right in front of me.

Next time (hopefully soon, of course) I'll challenge the League, determined to win every battle, and become the new Champion of the Unova Region!

get hyped

The Team:

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 52
Poison Fang, Acrobatics, Haze, Fly
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 52
Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Crunch, Dig
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 52
Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Swords Dance, Shadow Claw
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 52
starmie.gif
Starmie, Lv. 51
Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam
chandelure.gif
Chandelure, Lv. 53
Curse, Will-o-wisp, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball

• 2 weeks later...

The moment has finally come. So far it has been an interesting run: although I have to say I didn't expect it to go this well, I've arrived to the Pokemon league without much trouble and with a solid team. I hope this was an interesting run for you too so far. But what is probably the most interesting part of it... is actually down here.
Also, this is my first anniversary on Reborn! What better day to post this?

Part 20: The Pokemon League (acrobatics spam)
Finally, after buying tons (I mean tons) of healing items, I enter that building I've been trying to get to since the start of my journey.

The Elite 4, Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlyn and Marshal, all have a team of four Pokemon of level 56 or 58, while my team of six is around level 52 to begin with. All of them can use a Full Restore, and also their ace Pokemon hold a Sitrus Berry. The only thing that changes here is the typing.
Here I can decide the order in which I fight the Elite 4, so I start off with Grimsley, the Dark type expert.
XJoGktT.png?1
He sends out Liepard against my Lucario and uses Fake Out, not taking into account Inner Focus. Lucario doesn't flinch and hits Liepard back with an Aura Sphere, defeating the feline Pokemon.
Later, I send out Serperior against Grimsley's Krookodile. The latter is defeated with a combination of Leech Seed and Giga Drain, and only manages to weaken Serperior with Crunch.
Serperior handles Scrafty the same way he did with Krookodile, and Crobat doesn't even need to get sent out.
Grimsley's ace, Bisharp, is then promptly knocked out by my Chandelure's flamethrower.

Next up is Shauntal, Ghost type master and novel writer.
NpUuLWJ.png?1
Krookodile defeats Cofagrigus easily and gets called back as Shauntal sends out her ace, Chandelure. Crobat is able to hit two Acrobatics before fainting to two Psychic attacks. As Chandelure is faster than most of my Pokemon, I decide to use Krookodile as fodder: I use a revive on Crobat as my other teammate gets knocked out, so that the bat Pokemon can deal the final blow with another Acrobatics.
Lucario handles Drifblim with Shadow Claw, barely surviving the foe's Acrobatics and Aftermath.
Finally, Starmie and Serperior work together to bring Golurk down.

Now it's Caitlyn's turn: the Psychic type expert.
VaxIfS2.png?1
While Krookodile managed to defeat Musharna, the enemy Pokemon managed to use Yawn, hoping to pave the way for Reuniclus. But, thanks to a Chesto Berry and the Moxie boost, Reuniclus goes down with one single attack. Sigilyph is then brought down by Starmie, and Gothitelle, Caitlyn's ace and last Pokemon, is knocked out by Krookodile, with the help of Chandelure.

The last Elite 4 is Marshal, who we met near Twist Mountain: he's a Fighting type specialist.
PGeyvwM.png?1
Crobat knocks out Throh with two Acrobatics, then is called back as Marshal sends out his ace, Conkeldurr. This is actually a menacing Pokemon, with sky-high attack and good bulk. I send out Chandelure, who is able to use Will-o-Wisp and then Curse before fainting to a Stone Edge. This way, he allows Starmie to come in and finally bring down the enemy with Psychic. The last two Pokemon, Mienshao and Sawk, are defeated by Crobat and Serperior; the former with one single Acrobatics, the latter with Leaf Blade and Leech Seed.

xiRf3u3.png?1
After one last healing to all of my team members, I arrive to a new building, where the Champion, Iris, is waiting for me. Her team of six Pokemon, between levels 57 and 59, still has a noticeable level advantage over my squad, making the challenge much more interesting. But that advantage will be compensated, somehow...
3MAkmnr.png?1
Her first Pokemon is Hydreigon. I send out my starter, Serperior, who manages to use Leech Seed and Leaf Blade before fainting. Crobat then comes in and finishes off the Pseudo legendary with Fly and Acrobatics. Fly here proves very useful to gain one turn of semi-invulnerability and get healed by Leech Seed.
Next match-up is Lapras versus Lucario. Here I go for Palm Force, but the enemy Pokemon uses Sing without failing, putting my companion to sleep and weakening him with Surf. Luckily (in the true meaning of the word) Lucario wakes up after one turn and knocks out Lapras with another attack.
Druddigon is then burned by Chandelure, who faints afterwards thanks to two Rock Slides. Starmie then deals the finishing blow with an Ice Beam.
At this point, Iris calls out her Ace Pokemon, Haxorus (who holds a Sitrus Berry as well), against Lucario. I have to use him as fodder to revive Serperior, who comes in and uses Leech Seed on Haxorus. I try to use Bulldoze with Krookodile, but my Pokemon gets defeated too early, so I send out Crobat and try to stall out the battle: as Haxorus tries to boost himself up I use Haze to remove the stat changes, forcing him to attack me. I use Acrobatics and survive one Dual Chop. The next turn, I use Acrobatics again, leaving him with abysimal health. And here I get luckt again: Haxorus misses Dual Chop and goes down thanks to Leech Seed.
The last two Pokemon are Archeops and Aggron: both are Rock-types, and both are defeated by Starmie's Surf.

This way, I've finally defeated Unova's League Champion, Iris, and received her own title. I have completed my very first objective!
Now, I can finally enter the Hall of Fame: this is the end of the main Story.

Now, I have many options, and I'd actually like to get some suggestions: I could focus more on Roleplaying (as I've been slightly lagging behind recently), do some Post-game, maybe even with the Challenge Mode that I've just unlocked, or begin a brand new Run on another game.

Or do nothing at all... that should be an option as well.

Hall of Fame
Ls7gU4L.png?1
And here I am! Of course, I'm here also because of my Pokemon companions:

koS6HHN.png
Serperior, my starter Pokemon, always managed to be useful, despite only knowing Grass-type damaging moves for the entirety of this run. Leech Seed has been extremely important, and the high Speed stat helped even more. Other than that, Serperior has been very helpful against Water and Ground types with his Stab moves.
I am actually very happy to have tried out this Pokemon.

WszrUfb.png
Sometimes it could have been outshined by other team members, but there is one thing this Pokemon does great: he is, in fact, Zinzolin's worst nightmare. This Pokemon might not be very fast or bulky, but can hit very hard with unresisted coverage, with both physical and special attacks. His fast evolution made it even more useful, especially when compared to other Fighting types like Mienfoo.

hc58cDo.png
Another Pokemon I'm happy to have used in this run: while rather frail at first, and not extremely fast later, Krookodile is able to pull off those great Moxie sweeps, can hit hard right off the bat, and can also slow down enemies with Bulldoze. It has been very useful during this run, especially against Colress, Elesa and most Team Plasma grunts.

k2Kj2NG.png

Blazing speed and nice attack made it a fantastic revenge killer, also because of a fantastic Stab move in Acrobatics. But Crobat could also be used as a defensive Pokemon with Fly, Poison Fang (hopefully to be replaced by Toxic), Haze, Confuse Ray, and other similar moves. He also allows me to use Fly to move around the region quickly, of course.

MbEk4Re.png

The last member to join the team, Starmie has the very important Water typing and a great coverage, backed up by great Stats. It's another one of those Pokemon I've never used in a Pokemon game, and it also was available only later in the game, but I certainly don't regret using it rather than other Water types such as Oshawott. Being a Psychic type, it has also helped against most Plasma Grunts.

AVG68g1.png

And, last but not least, Chandelure. In this case, he's been a mixed bag of a Pokemon: either a powerful wallbreaker with his sky-high Special attack, or a more defensive Pokemon, that could cripple the opponents with Will-o-Wisp or Curse. So, another useful and strong Pokemon, at least once he was fully evolved.

The Team (at a glance):

crobat.gif
Crobat, Lv. 55
Poison Fang, Acrobatics, Haze, Fly
krookodile.gif
Krookodile, Lv. 53
Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Crunch, Dig
lucario.gif
Lucario, Lv. 53
Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Swords Dance, Shadow Claw
serperior.gif
Serperior, Lv. 53