Team Advice

Skullgasher

I'm lookin for some advice about one of my team members. My Luxray has always been a cripple on my team, weighing it down. I was wondering it's worth getting a new electric type, considering that I just finished episode 15 a few days ago and all my pokemon are at level 75. I don't know how much longer Reborn is gonna be. So if it is worth it, could someone direct me towards a GOOD electric type? They can be event pokemon too. The only one I'm aware of is Magnezone. Appreciate any advice or help.

Edited by Skullgasher

Ampharos has been saving my bacon during my run, with high special attack and surprisingly decent tank for a majority of the game. Not to mention future access to it's David Bowie lookin' Mega evolution that may be coming out in future episodes.

Hm. You remember where i can get any of its preevolutions?

Tynamo is available in the game even before the first gym. It's Electric, learns good TMs and has no weaknesses (due to levitate)

There is an event Mareep in the Jaspar ward. You need a pokesnax to get it to calm down.

Thanks for the help. You guys know of any fast electric pokemon similar to these guys in terms of other stats?

Edited by Skullgasher

Jolteon is fast, and has great SpAtk but has a very narrow moveset.

Manectric is similar to Jolteon but can learn flamethrower

Heliolisk can learn Grass Knot, Surf and Dark Pulse, giving it more coverage than the two above.

Galvantula is a fantastic special attacker with a good typing. Electroweb for support, thunder with Compound Eyes for accuracy and Bug Buzz as another STAB move. It can even learn Giga Drain through tutoring (even though the tutor isn't available to us yet. This is based off the ORAS tutors, which is what Reborn's tutors are based off.)

Here is my analysis for Electric types:

If you are looking for speed, Emolga is your guy, plus it sets up light screen to reduce special attack in the long run in gym battles especially those who rely heavily on special attacking moves

Electivire is not very fast in comparison to other electric types(95 base speed is actually great in-game wise) but it is a hardhitter and has a versatile movepool

If you can get eevee from the train event, Jolteon is great in term of speed and help you sweep in special side but at the expense of limited movesets, therefore a grass type teammate is complementary to Jolteon

Rotom and its many forms can provide type coverage for your team, plus it hits really hard with 100-ish base sp attk(and also has levitate for its ability, thus effectively eliminate Rotom-Heat's theoretical weakness to ground)

Edited by TimTim

Here is my analysis for Electric types:

If you are looking for speed, Emolga is your guy, plus it sets up light screen to reduce special attack in the long run in gym battles especially those who rely heavily on special attacking moves

Electivire is not very fast in comparison to other electric types but it is a hardhitter and has a versatile movepool

If you can get eevee from the train event, Jolteon is great in term of speed and help you sweep in special side but at the expense of limited movesets

Rotom and its many forms can provide type coverage for your team, plus it hits really hard with 100-ish base sp attk

WHOA. Electivire is one of my favorite electric types. How could I get one or one of its preevolutions?!

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407

According to this, you have two chances of having Elekid, one from mystery egg if you are extremely lucky, second is from Calcenon trade event(but you need Electirizer to trade), i am not sure if department store higher level sells any Electirizer if you get enough stickers(thread for the sticker hunt http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9720), and also you need linkstone to evolve electabuzz equipping Electirizer

Edited by TimTim

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407

According to this, you have two chances of having Elekid, one from mystery egg if you are extremely lucky, second is from Calcenon trade event(but you need Electirizer to trade), i am not sure if department store higher level sells any Electirizer if you get enough stickers(thread for the sticker hunt http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9720), and also you need linkstone to evolve electabuzz equipping Electirizer

Show the elekid can either me from an extremely rare egg or one that I got in a trade?

Jolteon is fast, and has great SpAtk but has a very narrow moveset.

Manectric is similar to Jolteon but can learn flamethrower

Heliolisk can learn Grass Knot, Surf and Dark Pulse, giving it more coverage than the two above.

Galvantula is a fantastic special attacker with a good typing. Electroweb for support, thunder with Compound Eyes for accuracy and Bug Buzz as another STAB move. It can even learn Giga Drain through tutoring (even though the tutor isn't available to us yet. This is based off the ORAS tutors, which is what Reborn's tutors are based off.)

Thanks for the info man. Helps me narrow down my choices

Show the elekid can either me from an extremely rare egg or one that I got in a trade?

Mystery egg is from the Growlithe egg trade event, it is not rare per se, it is just that the content varies with each save files, you have no way of knowing what comes out of that egg hatching from 18 mons for mystery egg, and yeah, the other one is trade for electivizer(which evolves electabuzz but have to trade it away for Elekid, so no Electivire unless department store sells those in high levels which are only accessible via multiple stickers)

Edited by TimTim

Mystery egg is from the Growlithe egg trade event, it is not rare per se, it is just that the content varies with each save files, you have no way of knowing what comes out of that egg hatching from 18 mons for mystery egg, and yeah, the other one is trade for electivizer(which evolves electabuzz but have to trade it away for Elekid, so no Electivire unless department store sells those in high levels which are only accessible via multiple stickers)

Hm. I've actually got a bunch of those stickers. It's just that I'll have a LOT of backtracking to do. Are breeding mechanics in Reborn the same as Gen 6?

Edited by Skullgasher

Yeah, breeding follows gen 6 mechanics, female passes egg moves and TM moves are not inherited

Thanks for the help man. So u think it's worth changing team members this far into the game. Has Ame said how much longer Reborn is gonna last?

Edited by Skullgasher

Thanks for the help man. So u think it's worth changing team members this far into the game. Has Ame said how much longer Reborn is gonna last?

There should be approximately 4-5 episodes left, since we still have 5 Gyms (I think Ame said something about putting two Gyms in one episode though) and an Elite 4 to go through.

There should be approximately 4-5 episodes left, since we still have 5 Gyms (I think Ame said something about putting two Gyms in one episode though) and an Elite 4 to go through.

Is it safe to expect an extensive postgame?

Edited by Skullgasher

Is it safe to expect an extensive postgame?

I don't know what Ame has in plan for the post game, but many people are expecting us to be able to rebattle Gym Leaders, perhaps in the Nightclub in North Obsidia Ward, so there's that. There's also the fact that we will be able to catch every Pokemon, including Legendaries, so we'll probably do that, too.

I don't know what Ame has in plan for the post game, but many people are expecting us to be able to rebattle Gym Leaders, perhaps in the Nightclub in North Obsidia Ward, so there's that. There's also the fact that we will be able to catch every Pokemon, including Legendaries, so we'll probably do that, too.

Hmm. Well based on that, I don't think it's worth changing a team member. Guess I'll just stick with Luxray