-Gintama

-Steins;Gate

-Berserk

-My Teen Romantic Comedy

-Higurashi no naku koro ni

-Mushishi

-Your Lie in April

• 1 month later...

Hard question as I'm still trying to compile a list that is fair to my tastes. This is what I have so far.

1. Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann

3. Nisekoi

4. Angel Beats/Charlotte

5. Hibike! Euphonium

6. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

7. No Game No Life

8. K-On

9. Magi

10. Love Live/Idolmaster

To be honest this list could easily change depending on my moon or things I've recently watched. The first, third, fourth and fifth spots probably won't change. I really like those shows, they affected me greatly when I watched them. Specially Nisekoi, that show helped me through a hard time. But I don't feel it's good enough from a show story stand point to get the number 2 slot. The number 2 slot is empty for the next great anime to come.

• Support Squad

I'll trust you to tell me when there's some actual romantic progress in Nisekoi Pyon cuz I could not get through the second season and it's filler feel. I watched the Shu episode and was done. Which is a shame, because I really liked the first season.

Nyerp, hard to cut it down to five, but ten I can do (Crapshoot as to whether I use jap or eng titles, lol)

1. Fate/Kalied Liner PRISMA☆ILLYA, specifically 2wei and with slight sadness at the pacing of 2wei Herz. Not the best thing I've ever watched but easily my favorite
  2. Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha De Aru. Meanwhile the best thing I have ever watched. Gorgeous OST, good animation, well developed characters, solid plot
  3. Assassination Classroom. Good story, good characters, hilariousness. Manages to give a serious story whilst maintaining a humorous tone
  4. Maria†Holic. Mariya is love, Mariya is life. Fuck Kanako. Beware the bag. Screw plot
  5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I don't think an explanation is necessary here...
  6. Yuru Yuri (actually tied for 5th but I need room to talk). TOSHINOU KYOKO! Best part of the show, but all of it is great. No matter how many times people tell me that not having a plot is bad I will always adore things that play themselves purely for comedy and succeed in keeping your interest. Despite the number of running gags, every episode feels unique and brings me joy
  7. Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai. Has a surprisingly good plot and characters considering what it is, similar to Assassination Classroom but with less serious and way more hilarious
  8. Hyperdimension Neptunia. Quickly becoming my favorite game series of all time, the anime adaptation does a solid job of covering what makes the series great. But it had to cram a lot into twelve episode which of course leaves a good bit to be desired
  9. SAO (but fuck Aincrad) As the anime goes mostly SAO2 but Fairy Dance was good too
  10. Kiniro Mosaic. AYAYA! See Yuru Yuri In case you hadn't gathered, I like SoL stuff, and what would the SoL junkie's world be without the Karen?

1. Sao( This anime brings back good memories and stands out to me)

2.One Piece( I am only on episode 100 but this anime has already amazes me even tho I am only 1/7 of the way through it)

3. Gate not steins gate(This anime has a lot of nice action scenes and has a few funny jokes to make it all work, can't wait for season 2!)

4. Food Wars!( This is probably the only non action anime on this list but at the same time is has this fake like action in it that i love and I can't resist the combination of delicious looking food and funny jokes throughout the anime)

5. Aoharu x Machinegun(This anime has both funny jokes and some really good action scenes even tho they are playing with bb guns)

6. The Asterisk War( This anime has this Star Wars like weapons and have abilities which makes battles in this anime different and it somewhat looks and feels like Pokemon which brings back memories)

7. Fate Zero(This would be higher up I think but I haven't finished it so I'm just gonna put it here)

8. No Game No Life(This anime brings a twist to its action which I really like but at the same time some characters aren't very developed)

9.God Eater( The design/graphics of this anime is probably my favorite and the fighting scenes are really good but they ended the series very very weirdly which I did not like.

10.Attack on Titan( This anime was great but there was a little bit too much blood and gore in this one)

If I were to update my post with my current top ten, I think it'd go something like this:

1. Sword Art Online (Easily my favorite anime hands down. It has its issues, but the fact that I can recognize them and still enjoy it so much marks it above and beyond the others for me. I LOVE Aincrad, and obsessed myself with learning all the little mechanics of SAO via the Light Novels and Web Versions. It's the only anime so far that I've actively sought out "behind-the-scenes" information for, so to speak, but I still insist on not reading the future arcs. I don't want to spoil the anime for myself after all ;) . I enjoy literally every arc, but my order would be Aincrad>Mother's Rosario>Phantom Bullet>Caliber>Fairy Dance)

2. The Melancholy/Disappearance/Sigh/Whatever of Haruhi Suzumiya (This was actually the first anime I ever watched, thanks to my sister showing it to me, and that was before I was actually into anime. I liked it then, and I love it even more now. The characters, the setting, the interactions, the timeline... it's all great and sooooo interesting to me. It always leaves me wanting more.)

3. Rokka no Yuusha (As you can tell from my signature if you know this series, Rokka no Yuusha is another of my favorites. I love the mystery presented in the first season, and the character designs are all really great. The Mayan-inspired setting was also really cool for me. I reeeeeally hope it gets a season 2.)

4. Darker than Black (This was the first anime I ever sought out myself and watched, and I guess you could say it was the real starting point in anime for me. I've always found Hei to be so awesome, and pictures of him were the reason I tried to find the anime in the first place. It did not let me down, and it remains a favorite to this day.)

5. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S (I feel really bad about kicking the next anime on my list out of the top 5, but if I'm being honest with myself, I think I enjoy Railgun S a bit more. Railgun S takes this place specifically for its version of the Sisters Arc, which I found so much more emotionally stimulating from the new angle. The soundtrack is great, the animations got an upgrade, and my favorite To Aru character

Misaka clone 10032

irBp8wE.png

gets a heck of a lot more screen time. The other portions of Railgun S were entertaining as well, so I really have nothing to complain about.)

6. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (Like I said, I really wish I didn't have to boot this out of the top 5. This series takes the award for my all-time favorite soundtrack of any anime, and I really enjoyed the show itself too. I do get the impression that it's an anime that would bore most people and would be considered "bad," but I found good enjoyment in it. There's another reason I enjoy it as much as I do, but that might get too wordy too explain here.)

7. Attack on Titan (I really feel like this should be higher on the list, but it'd be hard to push it above any of the previous 6. This is another series where I like pretty much every character for some reason or another, and there are multiple characters that I reeeeally like. The plot's super interesting, the setting's unique, and the soundtrack is S rank. If not for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, it'd probably take the cake for my favorite soundtrack. I'm really hyped for season 2.)

8. Charlotte (I have to thank Pyon for recommending this to me, because I doubt I would have ever watched it otherwise. The plot kinda jumps out of nowhere halfway through the series and ends up being pretty rushed, but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it anyway. I got hit in the feels at the end, and the characters were all really great too. (Also, now that I've watched Angel Beats I understand all the references in Charlotte that I missed before.) The opening is also one of my all-time favorite anime openings too. All in all, very solid.)

9. One Punch Man (This was a tough choice. I really wanted to put Angel Beats here, I really wanted to put Code Geass here, and I also wanted to put Danmachi here, and I also considered putting Accel World here, but in the end, I think One Punch Man takes the spot. I honestly don't know what I'm going to pick for the final spot. There are so many that I feel deserve it, but I'll figure it out when I get to that. Anyway, One Punch Man gets this spot for its unique take on anime itself, at least from my experience. The series sets up plenty of cliches, but resolves nearly all of them in ways that don't match the expected cliche. The humor is great, and I found myself always wanting another episode after each release. I'm sure it'll get a season 2 based on popularity, so I'll be eagerly awaiting it.)

10. Angel Beats! (In the end, it came down to Angel Beats or Code Geass, and I'm still kind of sad that Code Geass didn't make the top 10. Regardless, Angel Beats definitely deserves the spot. I have to shout out to Pyon again for recommending this one, as I absolutely loved it. The characters are definitely the highlight of the series, with TK, Hinata, and Yui being my favorites. The character interactions were so great and the plot gets kind of emotional near the end. In the end, I could only think it was too short and I wanted more. :( )

One of my all-time favorites and probably even the absolute favorite is Berserk, where I love both the anime and the manga A LOT and I am so glad the manga finally continues. (Miura finally stopped playing Idolm@ster :P). Both anime and manga can be pretty fucked-up from time to time, especially at the end of the Golden Age Arc, which probably touched me at certain parts that I could point out on a puppet while mentally scarring me >__> I also feel horrible for Guts from time to time and I hope it´ll eventually lead to a good end, but I doubt it. There are no happy endings in Berserk >_>

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Glad you liked them, you never even told me you watched them you dumb-o.

I tried to reach you on the server to talk about it that one day, but you were afk or something :c

Hmm. Surprised I never did a Top 10 but oh well. I'll probably give a summary why I enjoyed them in that order later.

1. SPACE DANDY Hunter x Hunter

2. Cowboy Bebop

3. Samurai Champloo

4. FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood

5. Bakemonogatari

6. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Mainly because of the End of Evangelion but yea)

7. Oregairu

8. Jojo's Bizzare Adventures

9. Dragon Ball

10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Honorable Mentions: Berserk, Shokugeki No Souma, Magi, One Piece, Gintama, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Naruto.

Here's my personal top 10:

1: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

2: Shinsekai Yori

3: Death Note

4: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

5: Nanatsu no Taizai

6: Nagi no Asukara

7: Noragami (both seasons)

8: Shokugeki no Souma

9: Rokka no Yuusha

10: Shingeki no Kyojin

Honorable Mentions: Psycho-Pass, Code Geass, Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Raildex, Baccano, Magi 2nd Season. Really need to continue FMA:B, start Gintama and rewatch Haruhi :[.

Eh might as well add my two penneth in for the anime list:

1: Code Geass, R1, R2 and Akito the Exiled

2: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3: Danganronpa

4: Black Lagoon

5: Log Horizon, Seasons 1 and 2

6: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

7: Shaman King

8: Highschool of the Dead/Infinite Stratos 2

9: High School DxD

10: Kill la Kill

Ugh, having a top 10 is really stretching it. >.<

I'd put Fairy Tail in, but as I hate the current animation studio's depiction of it, that's been struck off.

I'll do my own top 5.

1. Gurren Lagann

2. Hunter x Hunter

3. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

4. One Piece

4. Naruto

I know there are two fours, I think I like Naruto and One Piece about equally.

Honorable mentions: Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, Shokugeki no Souma, Heavy Object