Everything "Shiny"

jameslfc

Okay i just want to share something. it's a simple method if you want your pokemon to be "shiny". no cheat needed.
well, please don't flame me. just giving you the instant way to enjoy the game's awesome shiny sprites.
Look at your game folder Graphics -> Battlers and you will see every pokemon sprite and it's shiny sprite.

swap the normal sprite and the shiny sprite.
for example here, Greninja normal sprite is 658. back sprite is 658b (b for back).
the shiny one is 658s (s for shiny), back is 658sb (shiny;back).

swap the 658 with 658s, so the normal greninja will have "shiny" sprite. do the same with the back sprite. the game will recognize based on the name.

pXEItn.png

Please don't hate me. I just want to enjoy the awesome shiny sprites that the dev has made :(
1/30 chance with shiny charm is still low lol

PS : I'm a newbie here, i might post a very old info. I can't use RPGMaker or such, so coding or things like this is a new thing to me.

I know for that "trick" (mostly because one day I just went and browsed everything in the reborn folder) but I never used it except if I wanted to test how some sprite looks.

While it does give me the sprite that I wanted, it still doesnt fully satisfy me. It somehow lacks the "wow" factor for me and I dont really feel like I actually have the shiny sprite... Perhaps because I always think first of shinies as how I got them and the struggle/luck behind it. The actual sprites comes in second :)

My friend actually showed me that neat trick two days ago, first he made his Torchic shiny then edited the sprites of the rest of his team so they were all fish. Just generic looking fish, he has an odd sense of humor.

LOL love this idea. Quick question, does it save the animation time that normally plays for a shiny? Because if so I'm even more down to use it, those seconds add up quickly :P

i don't think so, usually i turned the animation off, so haven't tested it. I think the shiny animation will come based on the "star" icon.

I see no harm in this. But it also means all that are encountered will also be shiny.

lol yea, but i usually do this on starters like greninja, or event pokemons so it's still not that usual.

I know for that "trick" (mostly because one day I just went and browsed everything in the reborn folder) but I never used it except if I wanted to test how some sprite looks.

While it does give me the sprite that I wanted, it still doesnt fully satisfy me. It somehow lacks the "wow" factor for me and I dont really feel like I actually have the shiny sprite... Perhaps because I always think first of shinies as how I got them and the struggle/luck behind it. The actual sprites comes in second :)

yes to each of their own indeed :) well like I said, the team has made a plethora of beautiful shiny sprites. why not use them more frequently? :) my favorite one so far is shiny lucario. it has dark aura omg.

Edited by jameslfc

nah you can get quite a few in a short amount of time. It only took me 3 soft resets to get shiny rotom, for example, so ye.

(I myself have like... 20? maybe a little less but yeah)

While it takes away the Wow factor, Reborn shinies are pretty common anyways, like you can get a bunch if you grind long enough or something like that (Or am I just lucky?)

umm i think so. there are people who soft resetted for 4 hours to get shiny beldum... so yeah, purely based on luck. even on shiny charm (1/30 chance), it's still pretty rare.. i hatched 40~ eggs to get real one.with the help of CE of course.

Great idea.

Hadn't thought of this despite having dug through the file when I was boring at work.

May or may not try it out one day.

you should try it if you want to see your favorite pokemon's shiny form. breeding the right nature with the right moveset and shiny is just damn hard. i once got shiny tyrantrum in the middle of the chain-breeding-process-to-get-the-right-nature. in other words, it's still not perfect, so it end up wasted lol. but i heard in the original game, if the parent is a shiny pokemon, there might be a chance the offspring will be shiny too.