A question?

nugget_22

Yesterday, I bought a Nidoran M at the arcade as well as a Shinx and a Slugma. I come on today and find out it's a shiny Nidoran M.

I want to bring it on my journey but I have found a problem. I am coming up to Corey soon and Nidoran's line only learns one Ground type move as Nidoking at level 47(?),Earth Power(?). After that point it might be useful for other fights but only a few. Should I take it?

Okay, thanks! Also, when can I get a Moon Stone? (For evolving to Nidoking.)

EDIT 1: Just in case I have a Numel I can train up into a Camerupt. :)

EDIT 2: Okay, I will take the Moon Stone anyway just in case I need it.

EDIT 3: XD I already got it. Thanks anyway.

Edited by nugget_22

Unfortunately, Nidoking's natural movepool is pretty lacking even though I always loved this mon with its awesome design and shiny. That being said, you can't really get the full effect of Nidoking since running either a Phyiscal or Special Nidoking requires TMs such as Earthquake, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, etc. The Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets can help you try to breed a Special Nidoking but you're probably not gonna do it.

Anyways, I would recommend using a different ground type such as Diggersby or Donphan for Corey.

EDIT: According to the In-game Item Guide V2 (E15-proofed), there should be one in the Obsidia Slums.