Dragrom Isle (Interest Check)

TyranntX

Whats this? An RP About Dinosaurs? Here on the Reborn forums? Well isn't that something grand. Let me give you the gist of this RP.

It takes place in a dimension where Dinosaurs, you guessed it, never went extinct. Along side them live Natives, Colonial Soldiers, and People from our world who some how crossed over to this dimension. All these are playable but each of them have their own story to them.

The Natives are trying to fight off the Colinials to protect their land and prevent Nature to be come upset and out of balance... According to their Religion. Although they do sometimes hunt dinosaurs they don't actively do it, for they believe it would upset the Balance of nature and thus their Protectors of their religion (a T-Rex [played by me], A Tylosaurus, and a Quetzalcoatlus) would exact their revenge on them. They DO have some magical power, but it's al spiritual magic and is not fatal to any one or thing. Also they call the Dinosaurs "Dragons".

The Colonials want to destroy the Natives for they believe that they will get in the way of their conquest to expand their empire for their King. They have little to no respect for any religion out side of their own (which is not that different from religion from our world) and even less for Nature it's self. Unlike the Natives, the Colonials are not afraid to thin out the horde of any species of Dinosaur should they ever get in their way or cause them grief. Their weapons are strong, but they are not enough to stop or even harm the larger dinosaurs. They Refer to the Dinosaurs by Species.

The Dinosaurs are merely trying to survive in this world at war. Their Emperor (A T-Rex, again played by me) is seen as the Natives Protector and Vanquisher and only will fight Humans should they cause Trouble on the continent. The Dinosaur Faction is needless to say the largest in size spending all over the world. Although technically under the command of the Emperor, Some Dinosaurs tack action against any human they cross even though they are ordered not to by the Emperor.

The Dimension Travelers are Humans who came to this world by Freak accident and are trying to find a way home. There is only a few of them in this game (First come First Serve for this Character set when I make the CS page). There actually isn't that much to dimension travelers other than the fact that they come from our world.

And that's the gist of things, I'll post the Sign up page once I find a good number of people Intrested.

• Support Squad

If I may be frank, it sounds shallow as a concept, relying on the power of awesome you get from the word Dinosaurs. So much of it sounds non-sensical, you'd have to use a complex system of ropes, pivots and levers to suspend your disbelief properly for this one.

Natives, ok, sounds like a form of Native americans. But somehow they have magic, why not? And despite it being against their tenets, they still hunt dinos despite living in fear of them and the supposed sentient badass dinos who would come and rip them to pieces. Meanwhile, random ass soldiers appear and of course want to fuck with nature and the locals. Because why not?

And since when did Dinosaurs ever have any possibility of forming a hierarchy of any kind? Let alone develop sentience? Even if you could reasonably explain that, you'd think they'd have a vendetta against the natives for even the on and off hunting of their own species. It goes against every convention of dinosaurs in common media, and not in a cool avant garde way.

Yeah, I don't see this being a thing. Sorry bud.

If I may be frank, it sounds shallow as a concept, relying on the power of awesome you get from the word Dinosaurs. So much of it sounds non-sensical, you'd have to use a complex system of ropes, pivots and levers to suspend your disbelief properly for this one.

Natives, ok, sounds like a form of Native americans. But somehow they have magic, why not? And despite it being against their tenets, they still hunt dinos despite living in fear of them and the supposed sentient badass dinos who would come and rip them to pieces. Meanwhile, random ass soldiers appear and of course want to fuck with nature and the locals. Because why not?

And since when did Dinosaurs ever have any possibility of forming a hierarchy of any kind? Let alone develop sentience? Even if you could reasonably explain that, you'd think they'd have a vendetta against the natives for even the on and off hunting of their own species. It goes against every convention of dinosaurs in common media, and not in a cool avant garde way.

Yeah, I don't see this being a thing. Sorry bud.

Never said the Dinosaurs were Sentient, but they are rather smart. And whenI say that natives hunt dinosaurs, I mean the smaller ones like Dryosaurus and Protoceratops. And they don't do it actively meaning they will only hunt them in times of famine. Heck I didn't even say they were afraid of them either. I did say that some dinosaurs DO hate humans ant attack them on sight despite the fact their King said not too. Why? Because he knows that the natives are just trying to survive like they are.

Yeah the native DO have a form of magic, but nothing like fire balls and thunderbolts. Like I said before it's more spiritual. I.E they use It to "Speak to Nature" for lack of a better way to put it, or to heal wounds that would normally be fatal.

The Soilders don't care about nature and dinosaurs because, well they have Dinosaurs of their own where they come from, to the people of this world they will look at a Stegosaurus the same way we would look at a Horse. They just aren't as fascinated as we would be. Really think about that, would you have your mind blown if Dinosaurs never went extinct in our world and some one had a raptor as a pet? Probably not. The soldiers are really just to represent one extreme while the natives represent the other. One has this idea that nature is sacred and that disrupting the balance would cause Mass chaos, and the other thinks that nothing would happen at all.

If you are not interested that's fine, just know that you need to put a lot of thought of how an RP CAN work, and not how it can't. And to be fair, this is the Intrest Check, what you see here is just to get people Intrested. More will be explained whe I post the Sign up page.

• Support Squad

Something is sentient before it can be smart for one, so saying they're smart automatically means sentience. They also seem to have some form of a society if there are ruled over by a T-rex, another indication of intelligence that just doesn't gel with dinosaurs. If they have a society, the smaller dinos have to fit in somewhere, and that means that even attacks on them have to mean something, right? Even if a hobo nobody can identify turns up dead, the police are still obligated to search, right? There has to be some consideration for these incidents and I can't imagine a T-rex being docile or reasonable enough to tolerate attacks on its species.

I'm saying this because, well, if I can poke these holes in the bare bones concept here it means something's off. At the very least it's identifying problems. You have to identify a problem before you can fix it.

Something is sentient before it can be smart for one, so saying they're smart automatically means sentience. They also seem to have some form of a society if there are ruled over by a T-rex, another indication of intelligence that just doesn't gel with dinosaurs. If they have a society, the smaller dinos have to fit in somewhere, and that means that even attacks on them have to mean something, right? Even if a hobo nobody can identify turns up dead, the police are still obligated to search, right? There has to be some consideration for these incidents and I can't imagine a T-rex being docile or reasonable enough to tolerate attacks on its species.

I'm saying this because, well, if I can poke these holes in the bare bones concept here it means something's off. At the very least it's identifying problems. You have to identify a problem before you can fix it.

animals CAN be smart but not sentient, just look at Dolphins, and Elephants, and wolves, and foxes, and macaws, and primates, and yes even Dinosaurs. And the reason why they don't respond they way youth ink to the natives hunting dinosaurs is because, I'll say it again, THEY DONT ACTIVLY DO IT, natives hunt dinousaurs for SURVIVAL reasons, not sport like what humans do, with animals of today. Because if the natives DIDN'T hunt for food they'd starve and die out, which ruins the "Balance of nature" feel. So they DO care if dinosaurs die by the hands of humans, it's just when Vast quantities die off (I.E genocide) do they start to consider to take action. Think, the U.S Military doesn't bomb a country just because a singe Citizen from their country is killed out side their boarders.

You make it sound as if dinosaurs are supposed to be big, dumb, slow, and cold-Blooded. All of which are not true. First of all dinosaurs KILL other dinosaurs, making your argument about the hobo and the police rather invalid. If that was the case then the humans would have been wiped out a LONG time ago. Secomd, you seem to forget that the Natives are NOT the only humans around. The Colonials are also here and are the ones responsible for causing the dinosaurs to,lose their home. The Natives are just caught in the crossfire on the accident that they are human too. Third, I stated that even though the T-Rex is TECHNICALLY King that not all dinosaurs follow him or even listen. He's more of a guideline to them than an overlord.

Not to be rude, by you don't seem to know that much about dinosaurs... Or animals on general. Maybe you should do a bit of research just to get caught up with some of the more recent discoveries.