What is the point on catch/hunt a Shiny Pokémon ?

Karyuudan

Hey sup guys , I'm new to the forum.

I'm a long time fan of Pokemon , back in the day i used to have a Gameboy color and i finished the first 3 generation pokemon games , before i decided they were adding to many pokemons and i gave up for a while.

Now i'm back again and i just discovery this gem , my god , all pokemon games in one , best pokemon game ever , old school graphics with all the content.

Congratulation to the devs and the community.

Sorry for my intro and for the question.

From all the time i played pokemon games i just encountered 1 shiny and it was on Pokemon Yellow , a Tauros at Safari zone. (and i couldn't catch it) , to be fair back in the day i tought the game had glitched or something.

But now i see people hunting , like hours trying to find a shiny , and i don't know why.

Is there any difference at all between normal pokemon and their shiny aside from the color ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Nah it's just the color and the act that they are more rare than the norm. However, the odds are much higher in Reborn. Reborn even has custom shinies!

Hahahah yes I noticed , i spent the last 30 mins on google trying to find why the new pokemon i found "Patrat" was different from the "normal" shiny's from other pokemon games, Custom shiny's are a pretty sweet idea.

welcome to reborn!

Thank you.

Yeah. The shiny rate is 1/100 so you'll find a lot of them on your journey. A lot of them look really cool as an added bonus!

WAIT! REALLY O_O?! That explains why I found 3 shinies under an hour without soft-resetting or purposely looking for them.

Could be a stupid question , but it's possible to get a starter shiny ?

Like when you have to pick your first on from the all starters.

Man, I would like to have a shiny charmander =(.

Yep, it's possible. I'm fairly certain that nothing at all (event wise) is shiny locked so feel free to soft reset shinys to your hearts content.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Are you sure you saw a shiny in Pokemon Yellow? I was under the impression that shinies only became a thing in Gen 2.

You're right. Shiny Pokémon didn't exist until gen 2, so the OP is misremembering.