Grovyle things

Baczoni

Hey guys just curious if anyone had started the game with a treecko.

It's my first run and i have a really hard time with him. The first gym wasn't bad but after that Florina was hard on him The poison type too and now i am with bug types . I can't find any pokemon except for bug normal flying and some other useless types. ( i screwed up the growlithe event so i can't get him)

My question is how did you guys manage to make your leaf ninja usefull or make a team with him thanks thats all.

I used him way back when I started in Ep. 11, so things have definitely changed. To be honest, I dropped him from my team in favor of other party members. It sounds like you're either at the second or third gym. If you're at the third, pick up a Phanpy from the Beryl cemetery. That can work wonders against the gym leader. If you're at the second gym, then you've just gotta find some way to weaken Florinia's mons to make sweeping with Grovyle easier (preferably with Leaf Blade or Fury Cutter). Good luck.

Overlevel him help, also raise IV on attack since his good moves(Leaf Blade) is a physical attack with high crit chance. He's pretty hard to use at first but once he become a Sceptile, he usually rocks with Leaf Blade

having him holding Miracle Seed also help giving higher damage

I started with Treecko on my first run. Kinda lackluster, but suppporting with Screech has saved me a couple times. I rebred one with Dragonbreath, Energy Ball (Treecko lvl 37 iirc), Leaf Storm and HP Fire. Potential physical coverage is much better, but its physical attack isn't great.
During, my first one had Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Fury Cutter and Screech at your time in the game iirc. Ain't great, but that's what I had.

Pick up Pachirisu/Emolga, they're great at what they do (crippling, taking one mon out). You can also get Wormadam-Trash/ Forretress(bug/steel), Stunky/Skuntank, Ekans/Arbok and Koffing at your point in game iirc, if you're in that much triuble with poison-types. Phanpy is also nice, and I think you could get Bunnelby there, too. Learn it EQ before evolving, tho.

Edited by laggless01

Sceptile will shine later in the game due to its high speed and access to nature power.

With nature power, you should find it a bit more useful as the field effects almost always allow you to fire off ridiculously high powered attacks.

I can vouch for nature power, muh Roserade sports that and it ends up being useful even in the burning field of a fire gym

that's bad mines 36 but it's still a grovyle

re: ok it lvled up at 37

Dont equip everstone on grovyle or any other still unevolved mons(if you want to evolve them that is) or press key that cancel evolution, it deters the evolution~

for Treecko line, ideal team mate can be Camerupt as Camerupt effectively checks Sceptile's weaknesses like poison etc, and Sceptile isnt that bad, its movepools are versatile and you can run mixed set as its attack is decent even without the whole mega evolution thing and if you are patient enough, more TMs will come along and Sceptile will no longer be deadweight~

Edited by TimTim

I used Sceptile the whole way. It was difficult at first but Kricketune is a boss and swept Julia and Rini, so i didnt have to use my Grovyle. Once I got Nature Power on him and around Shade's gym, he was great. Leaf Blade hits hard and if you invest a Heart Scale early and teach him Leaf Storm (learns at start or level 63) he can beat everything that's weak to grass (Blake's Walrein didn't stand a chance), but he is fragile and will probably die to a supereffective move.