Intense mode run, Angie

fireheart4560

GOD DAMNIT, Angie gave me a run for my money. I just beat her on intense....

How did I?

Paralyze Weavile, then confuse it.

When Lanturn dies switch into Gardevoir and spam calm mind.

Kill Froslass before it sets up light screen.

Insta win.

It took me 12 tries to do that. Lots of hax in previous attempts.

My face when still no 6th pokemon. Maybe Chandleure :3

Edited by fireheart4560

It becomes kind of boring on intense when the best solution to pretty much every difficult fight (that isn't 2v2 at least) becomes debuff the enemy pokemon and then setup sweep against it. It's of course a pretty difficult problem to solve, but I hope some day the AI gets made better that it deals with setup sweepers more intelligently (though, spamming recovery items on a setup sweeper is virtually impossible to solve even with changing the AI).

With a dedicated team it isn't even unreliable to setup sweep against the gym leaders - using sturdy magnemite for thunder wave + flash and some roggenrolas for sand attack spam and any setup sweeper with substitute is almost a guaranteed win against most gym leaders even if they're underleveled.

It becomes kind of boring on intense when the best solution to pretty much every difficult fight (that isn't 2v2 at least) becomes debuff the enemy pokemon and then setup sweep against it. It's of course a pretty difficult problem to solve, but I hope some day the AI gets made better that it deals with setup sweepers more intelligently (though, spamming recovery items on a setup sweeper is virtually impossible to solve even with changing the AI).

With a dedicated team it isn't even unreliable to setup sweep against the gym leaders - using sturdy magnemite for thunder wave + flash and some roggenrolas for sand attack spam and any setup sweeper with substitute is almost a guaranteed win against most gym leaders even if they're underleveled.

thats the only time i did it lol.

The fact I have to resort to status moves and buffs shows how difficult it is. It's hard to power through these leaders teams

Edited by fireheart4560

ummm can i make a suggestion instead of putting this as tonnes of seperate threads and cluttering the forum with your intense mode comments maybe write an account of your intense mode challenge in a diary post or something it keeps it all in one place and keeps the forum tidier