Pokémon Go - Discussion/Expectation Thread

DashingStorm

All you people Are talking about not actually seeing the app's gameplay, and no one noticed that the had a freakin tech demo? Yeah, they had a tech demo at the announcement. And big suprise, it sucks.

http://i.imgur.com/mu8VVBY.jpg

If you seriously believed you'd get anything like in the trailer, then you don't quite understand how to technology. The most you could have hoped for was Dream Radar, and you aren't even getting that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's intentional, part of the interwebz famous phrasing like "you forgot how to human" etc

Anyway, nope, I never expected to actually see things irl as in holograms, but at the very least, you could be seeing the upper picture through your camera instead of a pikachu on a not-even-real background on your phone :|

I did warn you to not get your hopes up

Anyway, nope, I never expected to actually see things irl as in holograms, but at the very least, you could be seeing the upper picture through your camera instead of a pikachu on a not-even-real background on your phone :|

No, not even that. The phone would have to keep track of Pikachu's exact spot using the GPS, then magically be able to tell what things in the picture would be in front of that position. And it would have to update all this in real time as you move the camera. Even if technology could somehow do that using some complex depth perception algorithm (which would require more than an Iphone would provide), different angles and lighting would cause for all sorts of visual misinterpretations. The game would be more buggy than Sonic 06, and unlike Sonic 06 no amount of extra time in production could conceivably fix it.

All you people Are talking about not actually seeing the app's gameplay, and no one noticed that the had a freakin tech demo? Yeah, they had a tech demo at the announcement. And big suprise, it sucks.

http://i.imgur.com/mu8VVBY.jpg

If you seriously believed you'd get anything like in the trailer, then you don't quite understand how to technology. The most you could have hoped for was Dream Radar, and you aren't even getting that.

To be honest that IS fantastic graphics for a phone game. Honestly I'm still getting the game but i am concerned about how popular it'll be in my country(almost none).

So...basically it's not even on a real life background that you see things ...holy hell that's worse than i imagined. I even set my expectations and standards low, and I still ended up disappointed.. What, then, makes this any different than simply playing one of the pokemon games on your 3ds? :|

Edited by Masquerain

So...basically it's not even on a real life background that you see things ...holy hell that's worse than i imagined. I even set my expectations and standards low, and I still ended up disappointed.. What, then, makes this any different than simply playing one of the pokemon games on your 3ds? :|

The difference is, it's on your phone!

The question you should be asking is:

"Why don't I just get a romhack and emulator on my phone, it'll have more features, more pokémon and it's free"

In which case,

The answer is:

"Go will have some sort of online functionalities as well as better graphics."

So there's not really much reason at all.

*Flop*

Okay to be fair, it could very well end up being like contests in ORAS, where you have an option to replace the game's background with whatever your camera's seeing at the time. As a matter of fact, I expect at least that. Also, a recent interview confirms that it at least won't have any ads.

Just did some research on that "1 dollar a pokeball" image and it's fake. Someone made it up as a "I hope the game's not like this" thing, and of course people assumed the worst.

It should have been obvious by looking at the Vulpix model in the background. What is that, from Stadium?

Question. Has anyone even considered the gameplay mechanics or speculation? Myself personally i like to plan out my teams, but what options are there? Like, how will we get items? How far will we have to go to find different pokes? like, will i have to take a trip to alaska to find lapras? And will I need to go into a forest to find a bulbasuar? How will starters and trading work? what about hm's and tm's? will they be porting over gen 6 mechanics and moves, with only gen 1 pokes? or is it basically gen 1 real life? And what about the other legendaries like the 3 birds? Will they be 'public bosses' like mewtwo? or rare finds based on weather patterns? Maybe moltres in the summer, articuno in the winter, and zapdos during a thunderstorm? I've kinda of shifted over from graphics and how it will run to preparation. This is the closest thing to being a real life pokemon trainer, and i seriously want to be the best.

Question. Has anyone even considered the gameplay mechanics or speculation? Myself personally i like to plan out my teams, but what options are there? Like, how will we get items? How far will we have to go to find different pokes? like, will i have to take a trip to alaska to find lapras? And will I need to go into a forest to find a bulbasuar? How will starters and trading work? what about hm's and tm's? will they be porting over gen 6 mechanics and moves, with only gen 1 pokes? or is it basically gen 1 real life? And what about the other legendaries like the 3 birds? Will they be 'public bosses' like mewtwo? or rare finds based on weather patterns? Maybe moltres in the summer, articuno in the winter, and zapdos during a thunderstorm? I've kinda of shifted over from graphics and how it will run to preparation. This is the closest thing to being a real life pokemon trainer, and i seriously want to be the best.

I can see the headlines now..

"Nintendo sued for creating a public event in which hundreds of people hold their phones up during a thunderstorm"

Many casualties..