Baby Weather Tier Voting

Amethyst

• Administrators

NeverUsed:

Amoongus, Arbok, Ariados, Audino, Banette, Basculin, Bayleef, Beautifly, Beedrill, Bellossom, Bidoof, Boldore, Bronzor, Burmy, Butterfree, Carnivine, Castform, Charmeleon, Chatot, Cherrim, Chimecho, Chinchou, Cinccino, Clefairy, Combusken, Corsola, Cottonee, Croagunk, Croconaw, Cryognal, Delcatty, Delibird, Dewgong, Dewott, Dodrio, Dragonair, Drowzee, Ducklett, Dunsparce, Duosion, Dustox, Eelektrik, Ekans, Electabuzz, Electrode, Emolga, Exeggcute, Farfetch'd, Fearow, Ferroseed, Flareon, Foongus, Fraxure, Garbodor, Gastrodon, Girafarig, Glalie, Gligar, Gloom, Golbat, Golduck, Gothorita, Granbull, Graveler, Grimer, Grotle, Grumpig, Gulpin, Gurdurr, Heatmor, Hippopotas, Hypno, Illumise, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Kadabra, Kecleon, Koffing, Kricketune, Kyurem, Ledian, Lickitung, Lileep, Linoone, Lombre, Lopunny, Lumineon, Lunatone, Luvdisc, Machoke, Magcargo, Magmar, Magneton, Mantine, Maractus, Marowak, Marshtomp, Masquerain, Mawile, Meditite, Meganium, Mespirit, Metang, Mienfoo, Mightyena, Minun, Misdreavus, Mr.Mime, Munchlax, Murkrow, Natu, Nidorina, Nincada, Noctowl, Octillery, Onix, Pachirisu, Palpitoad, Paras, Parasect, Pelliper, Persian, Phione, Pidgeot, Pidgeotto, Pignite, Pikachu, Piloswine, Pineco, Plusle, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, PorygonZ, Primeape, Pupitar, Purrloin, Purugly, Raikou, Rapidash, Raticate, Rhydon, Riolu, Scraggy, Seaking, Sealeo, Seel, Servine, Seviper, Shelgon, Shellos, Shelmet, Shieldon, Shiftry, Simisage, Skuntank, Slowpoke, Snover, Solrock, Spinda, Stantler, Staravia, Staryu, Stunfisk, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Swablu, Swalot, Swanna, Tangela, Tauros, Tentacool, Thundurus, Togetic, Torkoal, Tropius, Unfezant, Unown, Venonat, Vespiquen, Vigoroth, Vileplume, Vullaby, Vulpix, Wailord, Wartortle, Watchog, Weepinbell, Whirlipede, Wigglytuff, Wingull, Woobat, Wooper, Xatu, Zebstraika, Zweilous

Hippopotas

Sand? In MY NU? It's more likely than you think. If we want sand to be restricted to upper tiers, Hippopotas will need to go with it. Eviolite Hippopotas in itself is not unusable, so the idea is far from ludacris.
Even with eviolite it doesn't have the strength to sustain itself in anything beyond NU.

Snover

Eviolite Snover has sustainability in the form of Leech Seed to go along with its boosted defenses. More importantly, Snow Warning in NU- while more reasonable than SandStream or Drought, is questionable.
Even with eviolite it doesn't have the strength to sustain itself in anything beyond NU.

Vulpix

Drought. Chlorophyll. In NU?
Vulpix is easily chased out by lower-tier waters and has little sustainability.

~~~---XXX--- Before voting please ensure that you have actually READ and CONSIDERED the respect arguments for each Pokemon. That granted, all currently registered members (as of 1/14/12) are eligible to vote. ---XXX---~~~

In order to vote, please use the form below:

[quote]
Currently in NU:
[b]Hippopotas:[/b] [XX]
[b]Snover:[/b] [XX]
[b]Vulpix:[/b] [XX]
[/quote]

Substitute "[XX]" with the code for the tier you think the Pokemon belongs in. Tiers are automatically assigned point values and votes totaled after removing outliers, so it is crucial that you DO use the given code:

Ubers- [ub]

OverUsed- [OU]

Borderline- [bL]

UnderUsed- [uU]

LittleUsed- [LU]

NeverUsed- [NU]

Voting will be open until 1/17.

Hippopotas: [NU]

Snover: [NU]

Vulpix: [NU]

I feel that all of these pokemon open up options in their tiers and are not too terribly OP within them. Most of them are designed to be sustainable and durable or can be built as such. The only complaint I can see is that there is no drizzle user in the tier but I myself have personally run raindance sets and found they are HIGHLY successful at times even taking out OU teams. I feel in no way will these pokemon utterly dominate the tier nor will they close out options for those who wish to use the self generated wheather, in fact they may even encourage people to bring along such moves as they can be used to control the weather without having to switch. The biggest problem is that we don't actually HAVE much in the way of NU testing that I know about so most of this will be speculation.

Furthermore if something like Kyurem can exist in NU according to that list I feel our priorities are misplaced if we're worried about hippopotas dominating the tier.

Three votes outside of NU, with the majority, 4 of 7 voting NU. The votes assigned point values that were not explained in detail before hand. And all the weather inducers received LU status when, had the vote ratings been assigned 0, 1, 2, 3, etc, they would have received NU status like the majority vote wanted them to receive.

• Administrators

All three will be moved to LU (cut-off of score of 1)

Hippopotas- 1.4

Snover- 1.1

Vulpix- 1.1

To summarise what was talked about on the server, the votes are by points, not majority. I said this in the opening post. It was criticised that I should have been more specific, but I didn't want people abusing the system. I'll correct that mistake next time then.

had the vote ratings been assigned 0, 1, 2, 3, etc, they would have received NU status like the majority vote wanted them to receive.

The scale is simply doubled; the relative ranges are the same. Those ratings would not have made a difference.

I think this is appropriate, however, given that NU is generally reserved for the Pokemon that you look at and it's just like 'what am I going to do with this...'. Whereas all three of these are core pieces of many creative teams. It also gives us just one weather free tier- and you know me, I love me some weather, but it's nice to have one spot without it.

There was mention of doing it as a test-ban. If we had significant data and players in NU and LU, that might be effective. However, as I said in the original thread, there will be a final voting period for last minute adjustments. If it can be justified after the second voting, I'll allow double jeopardy on these. That gives two or three weeks to do what testing can be done, and present a case in the adjusted tiers. Fair?