The Turbo Speed Setting

foovy10

So I have been play insurgence again recently cuz the new update came out but i already beat the episode before but lost the save and watched shofus playlist, so i know everything that happens.

So i have been using this feature almost the whole time to get through the game quickly.

What it does is that it speeds up everything in the game from movement to dialogue to animations. This isnt just useful for ppl that want to get through the game fast. Let me list some examples:

#1 Much faster training but not faster then cheating

You can run through the grass quickly to find pokemon and finish each wild pokemon in seconds depending on how many moves it takes to beat it

#2 Travel

Wanna get to a previous town but u dont have fly? this makes getting there much faster.

#3 Vsing El multiple times

If you have done this you know what i mean. If u have problems doing this and soft reset there is so much dialoge before the battle that it takes like a min to get through it and get in the battle. this fixes stuff like that.

cant think of anymore on the top of my head.

So why is this in reborn city?

Cuz i believe it would be a good feature to have in reborn.

I understand that cheat engine already has this but it would be nicer if it was just implemented in the game and some ppl dont even know of its existence probably

That is all.

As mentioned above, simply taking things from other games and "adding" them to Reborn is not the most.. How do I put this- Polite thing to do.

The people working on Insurgence have spent a ton of time probably figuring out how to get that feature added and would really not appreciate if other games simply ripped it off their game without their consent and/or approval.

Who knows, maybe Reborn will get a speed-up function. Maybe it won't.

• Administrators

Suze has allowed us to borrow code in the past. Nonetheless, we would have to see how involved it is. Rest assured if it's practical I'm very interested in it personally because even I get tired of how long things take sometimes.

Granted the text skip feature already implemented in E16 will help too.

I personally don't think there is any need for this. Everything in Reborn is already fast and i've played a lot of fan-made games to be able to say that. Reborn runs faster than any other i've played both in script and movement.

Considering that we have people using CE to speed up their games, whether it is for breeding or grinding, I think this would be a welcome feature.

Assuming we can have it, and not rip it off like the others mentioned.

It's improvement, so I'm all for it.

A lot of people would like that feature. And if you're like me, then it doesn't matter, since we won't use the feature.

@people saying you can't rip things from other games: Last time I checked, every pokémon in the entire game is from the original pokémon games. I understand it's not exactly the same because this is between two mods rather than between a game and that game modded but that thought just immediately came to mind while reading.

As for the speed up function, my opinion on this is the following:

1) People who play the game at warp speed won't get to properly appreciate all of the music and visuals that had so much effort put into them in this game. That's a shame.

2) I recently played a rom on turbo speed with Visual Boy Advanced and while it it was a lot more convenient and faster to grind, etc. I think it takes away from the experience of the game. In my opinion, a game is best enjoyed at default speed (If there's a lot of dialogue, there is an option to make it faster for times you need to repeat it)

3) You might say "but the game is harder to enjoy at default speed in grindey sections". It might not be as enjoyable initially, but the feeling of achievement you get from getting through a really time-consuming and challenging section is worth it in the end. Besides, in a game where certain pokémon are not available for catching due to being too strong, I don't think there's a place for features that the original games didn't even have for ease of use. A challenge is a challenge is a challenge and that's one of the reasons I enjoy this game.

All that being said, you could just add this feature and stubborn idiots like me could simply not use it. :D :D :D :D :D

@people saying you can't rip things from other games: Last time I checked, every pokémon in the entire game is from the original pokémon games. I understand it's not exactly the same because this is between two mods rather than between a game and that game modded but that thought just immediately came to mind while reading.

As for the speed up function, my opinion on this is the following:

1) People who play the game at warp speed won't get to properly appreciate all of the music and visuals that had so much effort put into them in this game. That's a shame.

2) I recently played a rom on turbo speed with Visual Boy Advanced and while it it was a lot more convenient and faster to grind, etc. I think it takes away from the experience of the game. In my opinion, a game is best enjoyed at default speed (If there's a lot of dialogue, there is an option to make it faster for times you need to repeat it)

3) You might say "but the game is harder to enjoy at default speed in grindey sections". It might not be as enjoyable initially, but the feeling of achievement you get from getting through a really time-consuming and challenging section is worth it in the end. Besides, in a game where certain pokémon are not available for catching due to being too strong, I don't think there's a place for features that the original games didn't even have for ease of use. A challenge is a challenge is a challenge and that's one of the reasons I enjoy this game.

All that being said, you could just add this feature and stubborn idiots like me could simply not use it. :D :D :D :D :D

I totally agree with your last point. When you I complete something challenging, I feel really proud and happy ;d.

But I am confused between wanting this feature yet not wanting it at the same time. Perhaps something to just speed up the character's movements or the dialogues.

all this stuff is right up there

For the "rip off" thing, it's more of a: "If you like the idea, at least freaking ask if you can use it."

Not really a real rule, but more of a unwritten rule -> don't b dik

I agree with you on both the first and the second point, but first time players probably are not going to use the feature.

It's more use for the people who already played Reborn a lot, and simply want to try different teams, or different strategies. And well, regardless, there are people that (unfortunatelly) don't care about the history or the music or whatever.

As for the last point, I'm not even going to enter the "time consuming =/= challenge" discussion, but I will say that there's no challenge in fainting multiple underlevelled pokémons to get levels.

Anyway, the only point that I'm trying to reach, is basically what you said in the end: The people that don't like it, don't need to use it.

We can't stop it from becoming a thing though. We simply won't use it.

That's it~

Oh and i forgot to say that the music is unchanged when in this mode. And to answer vinny,I believe this feature will be used by ppl that r playing reborn for the first time especially cuz u don't get fly until the end of ep 15 so this will help many ppl when traveling the reborn region to find Pokemon, get items, etc.

I totally agree with your last point. When you I complete something challenging, I feel really proud and happy ;d.

But I am confused between wanting this feature yet not wanting it at the same time. Perhaps something to just speed up the character's movements or the dialogues.

I agree as well. In normal game-play, I would never speed anything up (unless I am encountering a billion Zubats; I would then speed through the battle).

I can see this feature being useful is you are searching for a certain Pokemon, breeding, or just level-grinding w/ the Grand Hall Trainers and Agate Clown.

That's just my cents~ .