Pokemon Arcane Version

Jacob I'm curious but are you the main spriter or are both you and Axxel main spriters.

I let you know on deviant about the site being back just now but you already knew that apparently lol.

Remember if you or Axxel need anything, just let me know here or on Deviant. Thanks again.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob I'm curious but are you the main spriter or are both you and Axxel main spriters.

I let you know on deviant about the site being back just now but you already knew that apparently lol.

Remember if you or Axxel need anything, just let me know here or on Deviant. Thanks again.

Nope. I'm more of an assistant to Axxel, who is the main spriter and coder. I have very basic spriting abilities while Axxel has had vastly more experience. If you want, check out his YouTube channel PatVX1 to see him at his finest. He does most of the sprite work and coding on RPG Maker while I work out story ideas and find appropriate music tracks. We used to have a few other helpers, but due to various factors, its just me and him making the game now.

Oh really. Well it's cool that each of you has different strengths in the development process but do you believe that you two alone can keep the motivation needed to make a game. Are you not worried about this and thinking of getting other team members to help you in the future? I don't mean to doubt you so sorry about that. Sorry that the factors caused you and Axxel to end up alone on this project though.

I'll check out his youtube because might be useful if I ever consider trying spriting because I love editing sprites so far. ;D

Can't wait to see what you come up with storywise. Hope it's unique and different than official pokemon games. :D

Oh really. Well it's cool that each of you has different strengths in the development process but do you believe that you two alone can keep the motivation needed to make a game. Are you not worried about this and thinking of getting other team members to help you in the future? I don't mean to doubt you so sorry about that. Sorry that the factors caused you and Axxel to end up alone on this project though.

I'll check out his youtube because might be useful if I ever consider trying spriting because I love editing sprites so far. ;D

Can't wait to see what you come up with storywise. Hope it's unique and different than official pokemon games. :D

Obviously everyone who's provided characters for us is a part of our team in my eyes, but motivation? Not a problem. Between us we have over 20 years of Pokemon experience and a great enjoyment of the series. We wouldn't mind a few extra spriters though. We can handle the majority of the work, but a little extra help never hurts. As for the story well............all I'll say is that its traditional and different at the same time. ;)

Well that's really sweet of you to say. I'm glad I could help you and Axxel and are part of the team. That's really good. That's awesome that you have loads of motivation because that's important for finishing a game especially.

Well if you need some spriters to help out, posting around here and Pokecommunity and Relic Castle (I would seriously suggest posting to these as well) will surely help you potentially get some awesome ones if you explain your concept nicely within the posts.

Good luck though and if possible when you or Axxel starts working on the sprite for my gym, could you keep me updated on what it looks like. If not, that's cool too. :D

That's fine, although with a few slight modifications to the team.

Salamence: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide

Greninja (Shiny): Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory

Klefki: Definitely keep!

Gardevoir: Keep.

Absol: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Play Rough (I would have Baton Pass over Psycho Cut, but I have NO idea how Baton Pass works for trainers other than the main character.)

Charizard (Mega X and Shiny): Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz (Or keep Heat Wave, whichever works for you), Dragon Claw, Earthquake

Honchkrow (Even though he's a pet, he should still at least have some moves): Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, Super Power, Haze (For clean getaways)

I also thought of an idea for another role Honchkrow could be besides being my characters' pet. You know how in Reborn that there's a talking Gardevoir who helps the good guys? Well, I was thinking that if you guys were thinking of making a talking Pokemon who helps the good guys, why not have one for the bad guys? It would give the good guys' talking Pokemon its own enemy, and it would also help the rest of Team Ultima understand what he's saying whenever my character talks to him.

That's fine, although with a few slight modifications to the team.

Salamence: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide

Greninja (Shiny): Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory

Klefki: Definitely keep!

Gardevoir: Keep.

Absol: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Play Rough (I would have Baton Pass over Psycho Cut, but I have NO idea how Baton Pass works for trainers other than the main character.)

Charizard (Mega X and Shiny): Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz (Or keep Heat Wave, whichever works for you), Dragon Claw, Earthquake

Honchkrow (Even though he's a pet, he should still at least have some moves): Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, Super Power, Haze (For clean getaways)

I also thought of an idea for another role Honchkrow could be besides being my characters' pet. You know how in Reborn that there's a talking Gardevoir who helps the good guys? Well, I was thinking that if you guys were thinking of making a talking Pokemon who helps the good guys, why not have one for the bad guys? It would give the good guys' talking Pokemon its own enemy, and it would also help the rest of Team Ultima understand what he's saying whenever my character talks to him.

I like that idea. Sounds like it would be interesting.

For the music of the game, are you and Axxel thinking of using some tracks from GlitchxCity?

We considered it, but we've decided to do things a little differently. We'll be using standard Pokemon music, but also music from other series where it fits. For example, this is my battle theme.

I didn't really think of it until now, but is the game going to be released as a whole, or in episodes, like how Reborn is?

Well, I would prefer it to be episodes, but Axxel isn't quite sure yet. Don't blame him, episodic release can put pressure on people to be on schedule.

That's actually understandable if you two do decide to release it when the whole thing's done. I can imagine how stressed Ame and Jan would be after making and releasing an episode of Reborn and Rejuvenation. Especially Jan after releasing V6 recently. Either way, it's still going to be a great game in the end.

One question and a quick team change for me. How is my sprite going? You can pm me it, and as for the team change: either add a garchomp OR a shuckle, your choice. But I guess garchomp depends on how late in the game when the player battles me. It's your choice anyways

Omega, its all done. Here's the transition sprite.

Whaddaya think?

Made a new Trainer card to show my team. You can change some movesets and Garchomp to a Shuckle if dependent to how early of an appearance I am make.

This is just me asking, but Aggron is my Mega and I'd like to whittle down on repetition. If it's at all possible, can I change the Aggron to something else? A fossil Pokemon perhaps?

P.S. Sorry about the 4 PMs, it said the message failed the first 3 times so I assumed they weren't sent.

Edited by Jacobliterator

I have no idea what this is exactly about or how it works. All i know is that if you're looking for gym leader theme i got one. Or any kind of trainer you want to fit it in.

Name: Delilah

Pink Haired, Yellow Eyes, Not much of a genious, but very friendly.

Fairy Gym Leader/User

Team formed by Gardevoir, Mawile, Togekiss, Azumaril, Granbull, Sylveon. (Either Mawile or Gardevoir could be megas later on).

For early battle(s) the pokemon could be Togepi/tic, Marill/Azumarill, Snubbull/Granbull and ace Mawile.

Edited by timbla

I have no idea what this is exactly about or how it works. All i know is that if you're looking for gym leader theme i got one. Or any kind of trainer you want to fit it in.

Name: Delilah

Fairy Gym Leader/User

Team formed by Gardevoir, Mawile, Togekiss, Azumaril, Granbull, Sylveon. (Either Mawile or Gardevoir could be megas later on).

I deeply apologize, but all gym leader spots have been taken.