Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

Any question will and can be answered, unless they're bit too personal for me. I don't really wanna torture anyone with a long in detail story about me and my stupid life.

Okay, let's see here, hmm ... which type of genre do you prefer in books? (and if you don't read, answer with films instead!)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact (histories, accounts, chronicles, biographies, political histories, and other collections), books on Economics, Philosophy, the workings of the natural world, classic literature across times in English and Telugu, and mostly anything that can be informative and useful.

I have read fiction, ranging from things I enjoy like Frederick Forsyth and Jeffrey Archer, to things I once enjoyed when young, like LOTR, to things I never did enjoy but read anyway for the sake of completionism, like that Harry Potter series. But fiction is never really useful, just entertaining if we cannot make better use of our time.

I ask this of the next person: what do you like to do to improve yourself?

Eh... do fictional creatures count? If so, dragons for sure ^-^

If not, a tie between snails/slugs and cats. I just think both are really cute, hahaha.

If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?

i wish i could live more in the now, im quite often in my own little nirvana bubble like some hipster buddha in plaid shirts. the attitude of "ehh itll work out" has landed me in so much shit, a little planning wouldnt hurt. imma include the ability to listen to instructions, pay bills and eat regularly in that term so i can stop ending up homeless. aces

dunno how much sense this is gonna make, but: if given the choice to have all of your political agendas (all or nuthin) enforced on your home country, would you take it?

My country is small so it wouldn't make a difference. The majority of the population in this country are old fashioned and strongly opposed to me weird-ass, gender-neutral politics am would probably rebel violently against it if my opinions were enforced. Perhaps some day, once the younger generation becomes older and gets into positions of power, they can start thinking about making a change for the better and introducing the idea that people with different sexual orientation and sexualities aren't any different from anyone else, and eventually, maybe it'll just be accepted and future generations can aspire to be as unique as they want without the oppression of poorly-raised Neanderthals, who have adopted their parents' and what they perceive to be society's outlook on such matters.

Also the church would be banned and this is a largely catholic country so a lot of people would not approve of that!

Are you more tolerant and accepting of unusual, eccentric and/or different people after coming to reborn?

If not, have you always been tolerant/accepting, or are you simply not a tolerant person?

I found Reborn from Tumblr, so I was kind of used to weirdness. I welcome it, it helps make for a more individualistic society. Things would be boring if we weren't a little eccentric, no?

What's one place you want to visit?

your bedroom ;)))))

I'm having a hard time naming a specific place for this one. I guess anywhere with a different biodiversity/land composition(?) than the place I live in would be nice, if only for a little bit. I think it'd be fun to see something new outside of photos.

New trees'd be really cool. All we've got are palmettos and pines and the occasional oak in someone's front lawn.

Who in your family would you consider yourself closest to?

Edited by BreezyPonie

i'm a mamas boy. although my parents split when i was youngish and my dad came out a year later so im pretty close to my dads bf as well. my sister is the black sheep of my family for wanting nothing but a 9-5 job, a boyfriend, two kids, fancy car, a house and a dog, haha

imagine her struggle, having to yell at her family that NO she does not want to backpack the whole world with a llama or work in a illegal strip club for a year she just wants to live in the city she was born in goddamnit

what's your most controversial life decision? controversial in relation to your life & background

Liking boys.

Okay, really though, this is a hard one.

I guess it might be deciding to pursue a career in music.

My father doesn't approve of me. He doesn't show it because y mother is such an open and accepting person, but I can tell he's ashamed of me. He doesn't have a manly son like him. My brother is... A great person, really interesting, but neither of us live up to his expectations.

Me in particular.

And music isn't a really manly thing is it. It's just like my acting. He'll go to the plays and concerts, he'll pretend to be okay with it but I can see right through it. I used to want to be an engineer and he was happy with that. So when I said I wanted to do music..

People often ask me "you're gonna study music? What are you going to do as a job?"

Obviously, a lot of people don't think of writing music for visual media, but people in general just seem to think I'm destined to fail, not because of my lack of skill, but because of the field itself. Of course then again, this could all just be me being paranoid.

In general, though I consider my lifestyle to be controversial, especially given my background, most of it wasn't by choice, so I guess it's my music.

Why is this thread so depressing? T.T

Writing music for visual media is a GREAT career though, there's tons of jobs as long as you know where to look. I work as a motion designer/VFX artist, and there's this guy named Wesley Slover that pretty much everyone I know have contracted once in their careers - not because he's just that good, but because the alternatives are few, and he makes a ton of money out of it. We're all looking for a pretty specific kind of sound - whirring machines, things growing, that kind of stuff thou, with an ambient music in the background, but if you can do that you're pretty fucking set.

i think people – me, at least – are trying to come up with somewhat provoking and usually personal questions, which sets a darker tone i guess. i mean the answer to this one would have been angsty no matter what... which, welp, sorry

and i wanna answer your previous question as well 'cause it's a cool one. i come from such a hippie background, gay parents, gay friends, everyone is vegetarian/vegan, lots of models and artists, obama is considered right-wing by our standards – i've been really blessed with having all these sweetass peeps around me that i tend to forget that american conservatives are like, terrifyingly different. what i'm trying to say is, i get flashbacks from the birth scene in alien when ppl here say they're pro-life, so i guess reborn is making me realize how unaccepting i am.

okay let's turn up the depression dial another two notches shitch sthich, this is just what this website needs: is every life – chronic pain, full-body paralysis, no living relatives left – a life worth living?

No x.x

For me at least, I wouldn't want to live anymore.

With no family, I could become some kind of super-cool superhero type thing because I wouldn't care if I died. With full body paralysis, you still have family (though, I probably wouldn't want to live even so)

Chronic pain is no match for powerful drugs, right?

So basically, take out the paralysis and you've got yourself a deal.

Do you believe in things that don't make sense?

halloween-supplies-halloween-decoration-

this is our thread now. ghost country!!

there are some chronic pains that medicine can't help yet, unfortunately.

And yeah, absolutely. but to be fair i'm pretty fucking gullible

would you rather have super long arms and super short legs, or super long legs and super short arms?

i believe it is, theoretically, possible for graves to have cigars. whenever there's a practical need for this particular arrangement, or if the graves can be bestowed legal rights over the cigars, remains to see.

when testing new medicine for life-threatening conditions (cancer, aids etc), is it fair to give test animals the condition in order to try out the medication? assumed the animals have an otherwise pretty sweet life

As long as the tests on animals are conclusive to some end.

It's like the way people eat meat.

Some people will say "animal testing is wrong" and still consume good that was produced by slaughtering a hapless animal that lived it's life in terrible conditions.

Some people will say cooking with animal fat is gross, not considering the fact that why they're cooking is an animal'a carcas in the first place.

Personally, I hold no sympathy for animals. If an animal had to eat a human to survive, they wouldn't think twice about it. Likewise, I believe that if an animal had the knowledge and understanding to produce a vaccine to an illness they harboured, they would have no shame in testing it on a human, or even another animal.

The fact is, animals aren't people. I may not know exactly how smart animals are, but I think of them as non-sentient beings whose only goals are survival. And I don't agree with that kind of a life style.

In the long term, the cure would save an infinite number of people at the cost of only a few animals. Even if they tested it on people, you could still say it would be worth it.

Basically, I think animals are interesting and pretty cool, but at the end of the day, they're savages and I don't respect them. Although that view seems to be pretty contravercial (especially among my vegetarian friends)

If you could die painlessly or die in an agonising fashion, which would you choose? (Agonising as in physically painful, not mentally/emotionally)

i agree with you there, as long as there's no unnecessary suffering/bad living conditions. i guess my stance is like "respect animals, but they're not humans". but while i support it for medicine, im strongly against animal testing on make-up products, i mean, c'mon.

uuuh lets see do i want to suffer in pain or not? it's tricky, but ultimately my answer is HELL FUCKING NO

let's continue on a similar fashion; when you die, this assuming there's no heaven, would you rather just, end, chopchop, your corpse will rot peacefully until they decide to rework the graveyard into a new mall garage, or would you live on as a spirit, not bound anywhere specific, but unable to ever sleep or interact with anyone, 'til the end of humanity?

I'd rather just die, NOW, if, on the other hand, I could be a ghost and manifest in people's imagination, and do cool stuff like poltergeists, I would want to stick around, and additionally, if I could sell my soul now for eternal torment later, I would be totally up for that.

But for my conscience to live on completely alone and numb forever is a big nono.

If the devil offered to grant you anything you wanted for the rest of your life (assuming you would die of natural causes at an old age) in return for your soul, to be tormented eternally, would you hit that offer up or no?

honestly i'm not even sure if i'd say yes even if he didn't want my soul, and eternally can be a pretty fucking long time. plus what i want the most is just to have a good time with mis amigos and that doesn't sound too unarchivable anyway.

and since we have occupied this island now, flags and rum and mortal dilemmas and all - what is it that you want so bad that you'd sell your soul for it, 'cause, like, woah. that's some pretty strong commitment.