Fnaf4

Solarance

Didn't see a thread here for it, so here it is... You are playing as a kid in your house while animatronics try and kill you... There are 9 animatronics, and in no particular order they are...

Nightmare Freddy, Nightmare Bonnie, Nightmare Foxy, Nightmare Chica, Fredbear , Plushtrap, PlushFreddy, Cupcake, and Nightmare

I would type some theory's I have but iPad doesn't like me...

Edited by Jamaka2001

Just like Etika said, I can't stand how I have to have my volume at 250% just be able to hear the breathing, and for that it's a pretty big turn off from me actually playing this game. I'm excited for lore and theories (cough Mat Pat cough) though.

• Developers

Just like Etika said, I can't stand how I have to have my volume at 250% just be able to hear the breathing, and for that it's a pretty big turn off from me actually playing this game. I'm excited for lore and theories (cough Mat Pat cough) though.

With the last two patches upping the breathing volume, I'm actually finding it unsettlingly loud. I mean, unsettling is good and all, but still. Breathing volume seems good for me, although i didn't play before he patched their volume up so I can't say what it used to be like.

Not raining on anybody's scare parade, but I honestly am not finding the new FNAF all that scary. it's trying way too hard with all the gnashy teeth and extreme aesthetics. While fun from an artistic point of view, I feel like it wavers too hard from the original creepiness that was the animatronics. Something about it looking actively malicious takes something away from it. There was something about that design that actually made it freaky. Maybe it's more comparable tone to the old animatronics of Chuck E Cheese franchises and such, but I just miss it.

The game mechanic seems a bit more of a call to home though. Admittedly, from 2 up, it started to feel like it latched onto the Foxy mechanic, (the one bit of control mechanic as opposed to what was simply responding to RNG hell) but the newer one seems to call back to when it was all about responding, instead of acting. The Silent Hill Vs. Resident Evil ideal, if you will.

I'll talk about this forever, sorry.

Remember that one of our rules here is to respect the opinions of others. So don't post in this thread if you have nothing nice to say or plan to post a troll comment. This is my one and only warning here.

This game felt better as a mobile game. The PC port's controls retain the touch controls by using the mouse, which is a horrendous control scheme. Swiping the mouse around creates a lack of feedback, making the controls unwieldy in general. I will also have to say the short animations between running to each door get tiring and really don't serve to do anything but annoy.

My biggest issue is with Night 1 - nothing attacks you until 4 AM. While I understand Scott did this to allow players to learn the controls of the game on their own time, they don't need that long to do so. If someone dies on Night 1, they're stuck waiting until 4 AM again, and that takes quite a long time and demolishes interest in playing further.

Besides that, I agree that the designs of the animatronics, while making sense given the context of the situation, are generally less frightening just because of the outrageous design scheme they have now. More teeth, more grime, more everything. More does not always make something better, a lesson that Scott probably could have learnt from the second game. I think it's cool that 4 moves away from the design of the first three games quite a bit, but I can't say I like the direction it went in very much.

This game felt better as a mobile game. The PC port's controls retain the touch controls by using the mouse, which is a horrendous control scheme. Swiping the mouse around creates a lack of feedback, making the controls unwieldy in general. I will also have to say the short animations between running to each door get tiring and really don't serve to do anything but annoy.

My biggest issue is with Night 1 - nothing attacks you until 4 AM. While I understand Scott did this to allow players to learn the controls of the game on their own time, they don't need that long to do so. If someone dies on Night 1, they're stuck waiting until 4 AM again, and that takes quite a long time and demolishes interest in playing further.

Besides that, I agree that the designs of the animatronics, while making sense given the context of the situation, are generally less frightening just because of the outrageous design scheme they have now. More teeth, more grime, more everything. More does not always make something better, a lesson that Scott probably could have learnt from the second game. I think it's cool that 4 moves away from the design of the first three games quite a bit, but I can't say I like the direction it went in very much.

I agree. The mechanic lends more to it. In fact, it's hugely enjoyable as a mobile. The swiping just sort of lends to it. Not to mention the programming itself is just so light.

All in all, however, I do feel like 4 was not the hellion that everyone was complaining about. I think it did actually contribute something to the series, instead of being this money sucker that a lot of folks were tryna make it out to be.

• 2 months later...