Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Elgyem and Baltoy

Celtizaya

Question

So I recently had to delete my game and start over (computer issues) and I was doing the totem pole event where you fight shiftry. In my first game I didn't save before clicking on the totem pole and got an elgyem, so this game, looking for a psychic pokemon I went back and got baltoy. I reset a couple times to try and see if there were more pokemon, but there was only baltoy, so the obvious question is how do you trigger the event to get the other one?

9 answers to this question

...No one actually knows yet, as far as I'm concerned.

All I know is that if you appear in front of the Totem with an Ill-Fated doll, it triggers the event. If you appear there later with another Doll, I think you can get Elgyem too.

It might be like the Mystery Egg, where the event is decided when you pick your starter. But I really don't know.

Ok.

Also, are you talking about the egg you get in the slums? Because I got one there, but I also I opened up my game one day and had a random cacnea egg in my party

Never mind, I understand logic now

i thought the totem shifts the position of pokemon totem heads if you defeat/capture the pokemon that appeared making another pokemon available

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

What I really don't know is if there's a way to make a certain pokémon appear, or if it's random between Baltoy-Golett-Elgyem.

And I don't think anyone got the Natu yet, unless I missed it in a topic somewhere.

And I don't think anyone got the Natu yet, unless I missed it in a topic somewhere.

Actually, yeah, got Natu. Although that was back when the beta was released and I don't know if I used 2 dolls or not. I deleted that run, but I am 100% sure I killed a Natu there.

Actually, yeah, got Natu. Although that was back when the beta was released and I don't know if I used 2 dolls or not. I deleted that run, but I am 100% sure I killed a Natu there.

So it just shows up like the others then? I thought it was kinda of thing where you'd get the first three, and then you can get Natu. welp.

I guess that does it. All I'd need to know is if the pokémons that show up are decided randomly or what.

Things that I have to test later.