Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Ditto Event not working?

Rayschrantz

Question

I really want to get a ditto so that I can get a magnemite with HP ice, but I need ditto to do it. Is the event still in the game or is mine glitched? I've already gotten the happiny and rescued the daycare couple, but the team meteor grunt isn't showing up in the warehouse. The location guide says that you can get ditto on 7th street, but that's too far into the game from me, so it would be really helpful is someone could help me figure out what the issue is.

16 answers to this question

If you didn't rescue the daycare couple (or was it the Happiny event...same area anyways) Ditto won't show up. Down there, you'll speak to a grunt who'll quickly flee mentioning moving Pokemon to a factory.

I wouldn't put past the fact that Ame might have changed the Ditto location and now you can only get in the 7th street.

Question to the OP though: Did you finish the Daycare thing and got Happiny BEFORE the whole thing at Blacksteam Factory or after you left the cage?

If you didn't rescue the daycare couple (or was it the Happiny event...same area anyways) Ditto won't show up. Down there, you'll speak to a grunt who'll quickly flee mentioning moving Pokemon to a factory.

I wouldn't put past the fact that Ame might have changed the Ditto location and now you can only get in the 7th street.

Question to the OP though: Did you finish the Daycare thing and got Happiny BEFORE the whole thing at Blacksteam Factory or after you left the cage?

I never realized these things were pre-requisites to triggering the actual Ditto event. o-o But if so- Then yeah.

I just did the Ditto event not too long ago, and it's still at the blackstream factory. If ditto isn't in the room with all the stolen pokemon (and you have to freeze/heat and rock blast the door) then you'll have to wait till 7th street.

That's the thing, the team meteor grunt isn't showing up for me.

But you said at the top that you got Happiny though? I'm confused.

What grunt is not showing up? The one inside BLACKSTEAM factory?

After all, based on the comments above, this is not glitched or anything, so we need to know this better.

So saving the daycare couple got you the happiny (there was no grunt in this event, the couple told you about the pokemon locked up), and the blacksteam factory event had no ditto in the first place and could be done before or after the happiny event.

Ergo, I believe that the ditto event was canned until later in the game :/

Sucks...

I'm a little confused by that previous post... As of episode 15 (at least, when I played through a little while ago), Happiny is found in the Coral Ward as part of the Daycare side-quest. So there is a Grunt there, but they don't really do anything aside from say something about moving the pokémon elsewhere, then wander off and leave Happiny there for you to find. And Ditto can be obtained in the factory in episode 15.

As for the Meteor Grunt that Rayschrantz is referring to... as far as I know, they don't return to that warehouse again. So you don't need another Grunt to show up, you only have to go back to the caged pokémon in the factory, even if all of the Meteors have left. At least, I got Ditto from there once I'd defeated PULSE Muk.

Ditto is in the cage in the top-left, but you can't speak to it directly (it's in the upper cage), and it's kind of difficult to see that it's even there.

But if you teleport Makuhita to the top-left cage, then Ditto will transform and break the bars, freeing itself and joining your party.

Edited by Bakerlite