Ground Mono (Need help with starter)

Restal

Hi!

I am new to the forums and needed some help. I wanted to do a ground monotype run (sick and tired of aya and corey) but there are no ground type starters. Also, I didn't want to start with mudkip or turtwig because even though they end up as ground types I think that's cheating. So if someone could help me get a ground type pokemon that would be great. I have a couple preferences that I want to address. I would like to have hippopotas or drilbur because in the end I want to be running sand and want hippo and/or drilbur early (if you really wanted to make my day you could give me a save file where the mystery egg is drilbur). One small small preference is that it is female (so that I don't have to wait for ditto to breed for perfect iv's :]]). If you don't have a save file with drilbur as the mystery egg, then use the one attached :).

Thanks if anyone can help!

EDIT:

Actually I wasn't going for pure ground type pokemon, that would give me quite a limited option..

I think I have one of two options:

I could reset until I get a drilbur in the mystery egg (each run takes about two hours with the cheat engine), and then restart that save file (with the drilbur egg) and use either mudkip or turtiwg. Then wait until Tanzan Mountains where you get hippopotas/hippowdon (that's where one of those are, iirc).

The other alternative works if someone hacks in my game and gives me a drilbur.. and then I could get the turtwig event later in the game..

After all I think I have come to the conclusion that if I use pokemon that stay as ground types that it would be pretty tough.

If someone could help me with the latter option it would save loads of time, but I can always reset :)

Thanks again for the help and suggestions!

EDIT (#2):

If someone could edit in drilbur as the mystery egg I would be much obliged becuase I have spent about 10 hours working on this and I still haven't gotten a drilbur from resetting my game and speed playing through the first two gyms and two pulses.

Edited by Restal

If you're only using pure ground types then a drilbur wouldn't be able to evolve even if you got one. Also most of the pure ground types are well into the game (in places like under the grand staircase).

I think getting a regular starter would be fine.

On a stormy day (i think) you can find a numel near where the train blows up at the beginning of the story...That might be the best option if you can't find anything else.

Also (although this is much later in the game), I think you can get Drilbur when Team Meteor teleports you from their base in Tanzan Mountain and you find the giant Steelix (just before PULSE Abra).

On a stormy day (i think) you can find a numel near where the train blows up at the beginning of the story...That might be the best option if you can't find anything else.

Also (although this is much later in the game), I think you can get Drilbur when Team Meteor teleports you from their base in Tanzan Mountain and you find the giant Steelix (just before PULSE Abra).

To get Numel, you have to beat Julia first.

Drillbur was axed in E15 and moved to the Nystery Egg.

Welp if you think using Turtwig/Mudkip is cheating but you want someone to hack you in a starter you kinda might wanna revisit your morals, just sayin' but I don't judge, hacks or no as long as you don't give yourself something like a Groudon for a stater. Most Mono runs allow you to pick a starter as long as it evolves into your type, so Flying's cool with you picking Charmander, Fighting's fine with Chespin, Tochic etc, so you don't need to limit yourself. Anyway if you do decide to pick a starter I'd take Turtwig, will come in handy for handling Water types down the track.

Welp if you think using Turtwig/Mudkip is cheating but you want someone to hack you in a starter you kinda might wanna revisit your morals, just sayin' but I don't judge, hacks or no as long as you don't give yourself something like a Groudon for a stater. Most Mono runs allow you to pick a starter as long as it evolves into your type, so Flying's cool with you picking Charmander, Fighting's fine with Chespin, Tochic etc, so you don't need to limit yourself. Anyway if you do decide to pick a starter I'd take Turtwig, will come in handy for handling Water types down the track.

I said that I agreed with you guys, and I think I was being a little too hard on my self. All I need is someone to hack drilbur in the mystery egg and I'm ready to go :)

After all I think I have come to the conclusion that if I use pokemon that stay as ground types that it would be pretty tough.