Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Team

InvalidCode

Question

9 answers to this question

Er, you do realize that we have 15 episodes, with more useful stuff being given each episode, because Reborn wants you to use the more obscure and neglected Pokemon. Nothing you can get in the first 2 episodes is worth keeping, except for the starters and, until mid-game, Swoobat.

Er, you do realize that we have 15 episodes, with more useful stuff being given each episode, because Reborn wants you to use the more obscure and neglected Pokemon. Nothing you can get in the first 2 episodes is worth keeping, except for the starters and, until mid-game, Swoobat.

Well this isn't entirely true either. Hariyama for example can and will stay useful at least until the Ice gym, provided it has Thick Fat. In general, Reborn is a game that encourages you to try different strategies for different battles, so yeah, your best bet is probably to simply catch everything, and then train what looks like is going to be more helpful for the upcoming boss fight, then rinse and repeat for the next one. This forces a lot of grinding, yes, but hey, welcome to RPGs... The canon games of the Pokemon franchise have kinda forgotten about their RPG origins, going the extra mile to make sure grinding is a non-issue and you have the tools to just skip the game and go straight to the post-game online competitive scene, but Reborn is not like that... Reborn is, simply put, an old-fashioned RPG. So again, my suggestion is to catch as many Pokemon as humanly possible, then train the ones that you think will be useful, rotating your team a lot and trying different strategies.

All games, and especially Reborn, view grinding as a burden. Grinding is necessary because of the versatility of the threats in the game, and this makes it unique.

There is no such thing as "the best pokemon before" simply because the ones you get and train will be used here and there, substituted, and then re-used.

To answer to Etesian, those pokemon can be used from the beginning to the end. I beat Charlotte without using the starter, but using Swoobat, Manectric and other little fellows you find as the game progresses.

Even though there are certain niches you can use for each situation, you should find different ways to solve your in-game problems. The selection of pokemon early game provides that, and adds to the replay value of the game.

You need, a fire type attacker, a flying type is handy, and of course a fighting type for that ace of hers. Flame Charge Blitzle or flame burst Electrike for that Ferrothorn (unless you have a fire type starter), Noibat or Wubat/Swoobat for her Breloom, Makuhita for Cradilly, or if ya took out Ferrothorn and Breloom already, Technician Kricitune for da sweep. Another good one would be Lillypup with fire or ice fang.

You will either need something to combat the Cradily boss of her team. Given it is neutral to flying, fire, and bug, you'll need to focus on the rock side, which is weak to fighting (plenty in the slums), ice (vanililite), and steel (klink in obsidia underground railnet). My favorite method has been Hariyama because belly drum set up (assuming you don't die) can demolish many, many things.

I know that I used Trubbish to set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, and in the long run, that helped me with her ace, Cradily. Since it's such a tank anyways, that toxic damage chipped away enough for me to ensure victory. I know it doesn't help with Breloom or Ferroseed, but it does fare well against the rest of her team. I also had a Pidove/Tranquil to tackle her Breloom, and a fire type (Numel/Fire starter/Pansear) to combat Ferroseed.