Would appreciate help with Aya

MysticFang

Greetings and Salutations!

I have faced Aya about 15 times, all ending in the same way. I get my ass handed to me by her Dragalge, and Tentacruel. My team is as follows:

Level 44 Meowstic; Item: Mind Plate

Level 44 Greninja; Item: Splash Plate

Level 44 Noctowl; Item: N/A

Level 44 Noivern; Item: N/A

Level 44 Hariyama; Item: N/A

Level 44 Solrock; Item: Mind Plate

Every time I use this team I get my ass handed to me. Any place to get more Psychc types? I'm most likely going to have to replace my entire damn team for this Gym Leader. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Would you mind posting movesets for your pokemon and we might be able to help you more. As stated camerupt could be helpful also. I didn't have much trouble with Aya so can't really remember her team. Are tentacruel and dragalge the only ones causing you issues?

Also which gender is the meowstic? Anyway, a bit more information could be very helpful.

Sorry for not much information. It is her whole team and field in general that is giving me grief. My Meowstic is a Male. I don't think I can get a Camerupt because I joined Aqua.

Move Set:

Meowstic (M): Light Screen, Reflect, Psychic, Cut

Greninja (F): Water Shuriken, Water Pulse, Smack Down, Quick Attack

Noctowl (F): Reflect, Hypnosis, Air Slash, Zen Headbutt

Noivern (F): Roost, Air Slash, Tailwind, Air Cutter

Hariyama (M): Rock Smash, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, Vital Throw

Solrock: Stone Edge, Psychic, Solar Beam, Cosmic Power

Hope that that helped.

Well, turns out that revives and Air Slashes can be your greatest ally. I defeated her by spamming Air Slash on her last Pokemon, a Drapion. I revived my Noivern and Air Slashed it to bits. Thanks for the advice though. Any other wisdom for the next gym?

I would recommend special attackers with good accuracy moves like flamethrower, since Serra's mirror field lowers accuracy, damaging physical attackers that miss, and Drought Vulpix is no longer here to bail us out when it comes to hail. (Unless you are playing Episode 14 or earlier.) I'm pretty sure it would be a safe bet to use a fire, a fighting, an electric, and a dark(to deal with her ace) pokemon when fighting.

I believe the next is Noel, so Get a Steel Type from Shade's Gym. I personally recommend Klink and evolving it into a Klinklang due to Gear Shift (+attack & speed) and Gear Grind (Double hitting Steel move)

I evolved Klink into a Klinklang but I didn't get the moves Gear Shift or Gear Grind. Why is this?

I evolved Klink into a Klinklang but I didn't get the moves Gear Shift or Gear Grind. Why is this?

It gets Gear Grind at level 16 and Shift Gear at level 54. That could be a problem for you unless you're willing to either use a lot of common candies or training a new one. If you have ditto, you can breed it instead of using common candies.

It gets Gear Grind at level 16 and Shift Gear at level 54. That could be a problem for you unless you're willing to either use a lot of common candies or training a new one. If you have ditto, you can breed it instead of using common candies.

Where can I get a Ditto?

Where can I get a Ditto?

Slash Ditto, just go to the move relearner, that becomes available after beating the Yureyu tower.

Ditto is obtainable at the Blackstream factory, or if you missed it there, in 7th street

Slash Ditto, just go to the move relearner, that becomes available after beating the Yureyu tower.

Ditto is obtainable at the Blackstream factory, or if you missed it there, in 7th street

So where is the move relearner? I'm quite new here.