[Interest Check] One Piece RP?

Jory

Hey guys, how's it going?

I figured I'd ask if anyone would be into doing a One Piece RP.

Basically, there'd be two options in terms of player faction:

You could play with the Crew, a yet unnamed band of misfits supplied by YOU. The fun part? After the first mission, if all goes well, a Captain will be elected. He or she will then help make decisions about navigating from wherever we start to the Grand Line and beyond. Ideally we would stray away from the events of the main series, with the only mention of it in the background. This means the current anime and manga events will be happening at the same time as our story.

The second option is to play as a Marine or Bounty Hunter, who would be part of the Marines and who would be tasked with interfering in the Crew's missions. Should you earn it, you can actually prevent the Crew from doing their job and earn promotions in the process.

That's it. Let me know what you guys think or if you'd be interested, because I love One Piece and feel like the universe in that series is ripe for use in RP.

It is definitely a good Universe to use as it has a huge wealth of stuff to pull on. I personally don't know shit about One Piece... and am not really interested in catching up with that considering I could watch a hell of a lot of other series in the same time. I hope you get some interest lol.

It is definitely a good Universe to use as it has a huge wealth of stuff to pull on. I personally don't know shit about One Piece... and am not really interested in catching up with that considering I could watch a hell of a lot of other series in the same time. I hope you get some interest lol.

You wouldn't need to catch up to participate, as it's only loosely based on the events. As in we might get ripples, but not anything that would rock the boat.

• Support Squad

It's not just knowing the anime/manga, wouldn't you also have to know the world and mass amount of characters aside from just the crew? Just inserting your own Ocs into the world defeats the point of using the world itself and to my knowledge, there is a veritable FUCKTON of characters in OP

It's not just knowing the anime/manga, wouldn't you also have to know the world and mass amount of characters aside from just the crew? Just inserting your own Ocs into the world defeats the point of using the world itself and to my knowledge, there is a veritable FUCKTON of characters in OP

There's obviously stuff going on that would be helpful to know, but the majority of characters in this would be OCs so it wouldn't matter too much anyway. The OP world is so large that at any given moment anything could be happening away from the Straw Hats. Even the Marines (up to Admirals) can be OC.

But yes, knowing things in OP would be very helpful.