Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Buying Common Candies?

Rayschrantz

Question

I was wondering if there was somewhere I could buy common candies cause I'm at the second gym and I want to EV train my starter before I waste too many EV points.

I feel like I remember seeing somewhere you could buy common candies. Right now I have 1 and my starter is level 24, so I can EV train about 25-50 points more before I reach the level cap.

8 answers to this question

I was wondering if there was somewhere I could buy common candies cause I'm at the second gym and I want to EV train my starter before I waste too many EV points.

I feel like I remember seeing somewhere you could buy common candies. Right now I have 1 and my starter is level 24, so I can EV train about 25-50 points more before I reach the level cap.

In the Obsidia Ward, there is a colorful building that has a Swirlix on it, enter in there and it will be the counter on the right. Edited by Jamaka2001

EV training that early may not be the best choice. You sure you don't want to breed that Poke with better moves later in the game?

Later in the game isn't going to help as much as it would now, the effort he puts in now will help him during the story, is what I assume he's going for.

Later in the game isn't going to help as much as it would now, the effort he puts in now will help him during the story, is what I assume he's going for.

I disagree. If he's going to breed the starter Poke later in the game to get it with better moves all that EV training right now is going to be a waste of time IMO He be better off catching another Poke and training it.

If he's NOT going to breed it....be my guess, continue your EV training

Idk, maybe. This is my team, some of the potential moves that I might want do require breeding, but I don't mind reEV training later in the game if I need to. I will defiantly plan ahead Dragalge and Scrafty, but Charizard and Gardivoir I don't think I really need to breed so I can just go ahead and EV train them.

Charizard (Solar Power)(Modest)(252 SpAtt/252 Sp/4 Hp)

-Heat Wave/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

-Air Slash

-Solarbeam/Dragon Pulse

-Roost

Gardivoir (Telepathy/Synchronize)(Modest)(252 SpAtt/252 Sp/4 SpDef)

-Psychic

-MoonBlast

-Thunderbolt/Wish

-Calm Mind/Hypnosis/Confuse Ray

Scrafty (Shed Skin/Intimidate)(Adamant/Jolly/Gentle)(4 Att/(252 Hp/Sp)/252 SpDef)

-Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch

-Crunch

-Ice Punch/Fake Out/Poison Jab/Rock Slide)

-Dragon Dance

Magnezone (Sturdy)(Bold/Modest)(252 Def/(252 Hp/SpAtt)/(4 SpAtt/Hp))

-Discharge/Thunderbolt/Thunder

-Flash Cannon

-Tri Attack/Magnet Rise

-Barrier

GoGoat (Grass Pelt)(Adamant/Impish)(252 Hp/252 Def/4 Att)

-Leaf Blade/Horn Leach

-Earthquake

-Milk Drink

-Bulk Up

Dragalge (Adaptability)(Modest/Clam)(252 SpDef/(252 SpAtt/Hp)/(4 Hp/SpAtt))

-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave

-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

-Hydro Pump/Surf

-Toxic Spikes

Edited by Rayschrantz

k. So you did a spreadsheet, cool. I actually do these things has well just for the big reference too

Let me said a few things:

1. You going to need to breed everything including Charizard and Gardevoir. There's no TM for Solar Beam and there's no TM for Thunderbolt so u will have to breed everything.

2. All the healing moves are completely obsolete (recover, wish etc.). Use your healing items....

I Charizard

-Flare Blitz/Fire Fang

-Fly

-Rock Slide/Dragon Claw/Dig

-Dragon Dance

* Why run a special attacker Charizard with Solar Power when no one in your team sets up Sunny Day? I think physical Charizard is better than the Modest one if you aren't running Solar Power. You can breed Dig or Rock Slide to it. Or you can go with Dragon Claw, ur choice.

**Charizard, Gardevoir, Magnezone, and Gogoat learn Sunny Day. You can replace that Roost for Sunny Day on Charizad and run a Modest Charizard OR give Sunny Day to any other Poke I just mention. Again, your choice

II Gardevoir

-Psychic
-MoonBlast
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
* Best set up for Gardevoir
III Scrafty
[Moxie]
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance
* Scrafty is better with Moxie ability rather than Shed Skin IMO. I believe Drain Punch is much better move for Scrafty than HJK.
IV Magnezone
-Discharge
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Wave
-HP (Ice)
* You can't get Magnezone with Thunderbolt or Thunder; that's impossible in Reborn. Tri Attack seems like a niche move to me, Thunder Wave is what you want. HP (Ice) is what you want has well.
V GoGoat
-Horn Leach
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up

* Weird name. You can breed it with Rock Slide OR you can teach it Brick Break. You'll get the TM Brick Break later in the game. I personally would run Brick Break just to have another Poke with a Fighting move.

VI Dragalge

-Sludge Wave

-Dragon Pulse
-Hydro Pump/Scald
-Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt
* You can get Scald and Thunderbolt by this chain of breeding Panpour>Wooper/Piplup/Spheal/Seel/Psyduck>Stunfisk>Skrelp
It's a long one I know, but the movesets are pretty damn good. IDK if Shadow Ball can be obtain in EPXV since the Ghost Gym no longer gives this TM. Your choice again

I can agree with you on most of those, like your right on the healing moves, but I don't know about charizard, magnezone, and dragalge.

I said Thunder and Thunderbolt for Magnezone because they are alternative moves that could potentially be added to the game, which is why Discharge was first. Also I don't know how to IV breed to get the HP Ice, and barrier and thunder wave are extremely useful moves. I've used Magnezone before in my first run during episode 12, and barrier was an amazing defensive wall move, although HP Ice and thunder wave would be amazing moves to have.

As for Charizard, I was going for classic Charizard Y, incase they ever add in the mega stone. I saw they added in a key to mega evolve. Also, solar power doesn't need a set up because it sometimes is naturally sunny. I guess it makes sense to go physical charizard If I add fly to it, which in that case I would choose blaze, and I didn't realize that solarbeam wasn't in the game.

One more thing that I don't agree with is getting rid of toxic spikes, it's such a useful move at gyms and in big fights, and surf is a necessary move, but otherwise I would use scald instead of hydro pump. Shadow ball is a good coverage move for dragalge, but I would rather it have toxic spikes. Only thing is I would have to breed a skorupi and an omanyte to breed a skrelp with toxic spikes.

Quick question though, can you breed tm moves, like thunderbolt to Gardevoir and scald to Dragalge? Also, would it make more sense for Scrafty to be defensive or specially defensive? And I'm not quite sure what nature and EV's I should do for Magnezone or how to IV breed it to get HP Ice.

Here's the list of pokemon I would need to breed to learn the moves I want.

Dragon Dance- Altaria> Charizard/Scrafty

Thunderbolt- Eelektic> Gardevoir

Scald- Panpour> Wooper> Skrelp

Ice Punch- Meditite> Mienfoo> Scrafty

Drain Punch- Mienfoo> Scrafty

Rock Slide- Camerupt> Charizard

Toxic Spikes- Skoropi> Omanyte> Skrelp

Edited by Rayschrantz

I can agree with you on most of those, like your right on the healing moves, but I don't know about charizard, magnezone, and dragalge.

I said Thunder and Thunderbolt for Magnezone because they are alternative moves that could potentially be added to the game, which is why Discharge was first. Also I don't know how to IV breed to get the HP Ice, and barrier and thunder wave are extremely useful moves. I've used Magnezone before in my first run during episode 12, and barrier was an amazing defensive wall move, although HP Ice and thunder wave would be amazing moves to have.

As for Charizard, I was going for classic Charizard Y, incase they ever add in the mega stone. I saw they added in a key to mega evolve. Also, solar power doesn't need a set up because it sometimes is naturally sunny. I guess it makes sense to go physical charizard If I add fly to it, which in that case I would choose blaze, and I didn't realize that solarbeam wasn't in the game.

One more thing that I don't agree with is getting rid of toxic spikes, it's such a useful move at gyms and in big fights, and surf is a necessary move, but otherwise I would use scald instead of hydro pump. Shadow ball is a good coverage move for dragalge, but I would rather it have toxic spikes. Only thing is I would have to breed a skorupi and an omanyte to breed a skrelp with toxic spikes.

Quick question though, can you breed tm moves, like thunderbolt to Gardevoir and scald to Dragalge? Also, would it make more sense for Scrafty to be defensive or specially defensive? And I'm not quite sure what nature and EV's I should do for Magnezone or how to IV breed it to get HP Ice.

Here's the list of pokemon I would need to breed to learn the moves I want.

Dragon Dance- Altaria> Charizard/Scrafty

Thunderbolt- Eelektic> Gardevoir

Scald- Panpour> Wooper> Skrelp

Ice Punch- Meditite> Mienfoo> Scrafty

Drain Punch- Mienfoo> Scrafty

Rock Slide- Camerupt> Charizard

Toxic Spikes- Skoropi> Omanyte> Skrelp

You can breed TMs in E12 or lower. In E13 and higher, Reborn changed it so you can breed Egg moves and stuff like in the newer real games. From Etesian's Breeding Guide, here's an actual link to E12.

Oh, and I'd say Defensive Scrafty cuz of Intimidate.