Ditto-Arceus

asterlicks

Hello!

I tried the search function and didn't see another topic about this, so:

What strategies did you guys use to beat the lvl. 75 Arceus? I'm trying to do it in a "traditional" way, but right now it basically 1-shots everyone on my team.

My team is: (lvl 60, generally 252 Speed + 252 relevant attacking stat)

Mamoswine (EQ, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Scary Face)

Scraggy (HJK, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Rock Climb)

Arcanine (Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, Morning Sun, Extreme Speed)

Gardevoir (Psychic, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Hypnosis)

Leavanny (Fell Stinger, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Sticky Web)

HM Slave/Pickup Teddiursa

I was hoping that I could bait a missed Focus Blast into a Scary Face from Mamoswine, and do enough chip damage with the 3 other members to get a KO with Scraggy's HJK, but Arceus's AI seems to have figured out that a Judgement is enough to OHKO Mamoswine. I also tried shattering the crystal field with EQ, but Judgement/Shadow Ball still OHKO's the rest of my team, none of whom outspeed. Is there any other strategy I could do here? I have 14 Heart Scales.

I eventually got fed up and bred a Prankster + Perish Song Murkrow, but I'd like to beat Arceus legitimately, if possible. Any suggestions to the last team member/strategy I can use?

Also, does anyone know if the Toxic TM is available? Google said it was unavailable in Episode 14, but I'd really like to get a Recycle/Toxic Oran Berry Magnemite if there are going to be a lot more miniboss fights like this. I dealt with the Garchomp with a ton of revives + Baby-Doll Eyes from Teddiursa, which also made me feel pretty bad.

2 strategys

1. ​Magneton with sturdy and t wave and then destroy him
  2. Perish Song Kricketune with focus sash

Most people do one of these 2 strats so dont feel like ur cheating cuz ur gonna be there forever if u dont use one of these.

Edited by foovy10

Legitimately, i'm not sure if its possible to defeat it without a deep strat. i did 2 different strategies that helped me pass the thing. The first was poison it then let it slowly die, the second was i used prankster meowstic + flash to lower accurancy then a study golem to use earthquake. Of course, luck WAS on my side cause it kept trying to use focus blast and missed every time thanks to flash....

I just had an ampharos (is bulky enough) to twave it and I believe I lowered him enough to the point where I killed it with a Fighting move, but there are a lot of possibilities, like TWave+Destiny Bond (I had a Gengar [;), TWave+Perish Song, Perish Song by itself (sash or Murkrow), a Bulky Cofagrigus that can Curse it and/or Burn it, (some other bulky ghosts like Gourgeist or Dusclops might work too).

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

My strategy(In three stages):

Step 1: Sturdy Onix used Rock Tomb, lowing the speed of Arceus. Arceus missed his first focus blast, so Onix lowered his speed twice.

Step 2: Jolteon spammed T-wave until El used all of his full heals. Had another electric type in case Arceus wasn't parahaxed on Jolteon's first turn

Step 3: Gallade's Close Combat was a 2HKO. Also had Heracross and Blaziken on standby.

EDIT:

Remember, in boss battles, Sturdy is your friend.

Edited by Drymus

I eventually got fed up and bred a Prankster + Perish Song Murkrow, but I'd like to beat Arceus legitimately, if possible. Any suggestions to the last team member/strategy I can use?

Or do what I did para hax him into earthquake ceiling colapse

He wants to avoid the one-shot "cheat" type strategies.

I had trained event gothita with mirror coat in my previous run.. Focus sash mirror coat and the fake arceus is doomed

Edited by Sharu

Keep in mind that Judgment will always be Super-Effective against your first pokemon, use that to your advantage, when u start with a pokemon(the first u bring out), read what its super effective against it, and send out a pokemon that can resist the things your other pokemon is SE against.

Edited by Nhadala

My poison team's strategy

Roserade - Stun Spore x3 until he wastes all his Full Heals + get some dmg off until 'Rade faints

Skuntank - Smokescreen x4 -you need a bit of rng on your side here but worked fine for me + Acid Spray spam until its sp def lowers to the max- proceed with any attack or if Skuntank faints- proceed with next special mon to finish the job

This may sound kind of lame but for most of the big bad single pokemon bosses you just need to have a solid team, while of course keeping in mind that you're going to have to face things like pulses and dittoceus :x. For example my team for the fight was Meowstic (Dual Screens until I eventually got Reuniclus), Greninja, Tangrowth (Great physical tank for chomp, can set up leech seeds), Volcorona (You cannot plan around this one since it is luck based but quiver dance did well against Abra) Mamoswine, and finally Dragalge who can tank specially pretty well.

I'm just gonna throw this out there because I haven't seen it talked about before.

The first thing I read about killing these high level hardass bosses was using a Rattata with Endeavor. But this involves using (and wasting) a focus sash. Sadly in episode 15, I never found a focus sash. So I ended up breeding a male lvl34 Rattata with a female Phanpy. Breed them until you get one with the pickup ability. Then level it up to lvl25 and let it evolve to Donphan. That grants you a low level pokemon with sturdy and endeavor.

Then you can use it to do all sorts of stuff. Use Toxic, Leech Seed, Priority Move, ... Whatever you have handy in your team.

I had my monstrous Drapion that could live or dodge any hit it threw at him. Flash, Knock off, Poison fang, was all it needed to weaken it enough. Plus I had Diggersby's Bulldoze to slow it down enough. I did this before 15, but it was still amazing. Sanji my Blaziken finished it off quickly after.

mine is a bit long, but hey, I'll write it down in hope I'll help

first, I go and get every sticker available when we're about to fight Ditto-ceus, which will let you go to Silph dept. store and buy held item like Quick Claw, Focus Band, Brightpowder, etc

starting with a high defense Pokemon with Knock Off and Focus Band(mine's Drapion), quickly kick the Leftover out of the legendary Pokemon make the fight easier, if you managed to survive the first attack, try to lower its stat/inflict status ailment.

Even if it use Full Heal, you managed to make it lose 1 turn to OTK your PKMN, giving you time to either set another stat ailment/deal damage to it

next go with PKMN with priority move(Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet/Water Shuriken), having either Focus Band/Brightpowder. try to hit it as many time as possible to ensure the HP become quite low

at the end, set powerful PKMN with good fighting move(CC/HJK) and Quick Claw, it will end Ditto-ceus easily from the high attack and super effective boost, not even counting STAB

hope this will help :3

This was pre-field. Got lucky he missed a few shots with Focus Blast so Golem was able to land 4 Bulldoze. Sent out Delphox to lower his Special Attack about 4 times with Mystic Fire. From there, just used Shift Gear followed by two Gear Grinds (as he missed Focus Blast again, then used Judgement which Klinklang survived due to his lowered Sp. Atk) from Klinklang. He went down.

hariyama max hp max attack with a black belt it manage to survive one a focus blast.then i hit it with close combat took over half it's hp.it took me out with judgment send in max attack max speed slaking fighting gem hammer arm took me 3 tries to beat it.