1. 1. Which Run Would You Like to See?

• Duo Fairy/Dragon (Legends)
    • Duo Ghost/Dark (Nightmare)
    • Duo Steel/Electric (Engineer) [Generalguy64]
    • Duo Ground/Fire (Volcano) [Don42]
    • Mono Egg Group [foovy10]
    • Eevee Breeder [Generalguy64]
    • Weight Based [Lord Regal]

Hey all, been looking at starting up another run of Reborn. Since I've never done a run with mono or duo type before, I was looking for some fun suggestions from forumgoers as well as some extra possibilities beyond what I've seen (which is mostly monotypes). I'd also like to type this one out as a story on the forums, with a character set up from the beginning to write a story for and show off the wonderful plot of Reborn and all that jazz.

Honorable Mentions:

Limited BST run [Vinny]

Chromatic run (No 2 pokemon of the same type) [Drymus]

Duo Fire/Psychic (Patience and Fury) [Drymus]

Duo Rock/Water (Helix) [Drymus]

Duo Grass/Fairy (Elves) [OmegaRa1der]

Duo Fairy/Ghost or Dark run (Dream)

If y'all have any other suggestions (or other rules) for the run or votes for which run you'd like to see, please post below and let me know. Same with any suggestions as to the character for the story. I'll keep this list updated as new ideas come up to keep things organized.

Edit: I'll have to try doing a poll once we've got a bunch of ideas out and narrowed back down and get a vote going for what you guys would like to see. Character traits will likely be based off the kind of run (whimsical and odd for Dream, superior for Legends, caring breeder for egg group, etc.), though feel free to make any suggestions.

Double Edit: Poll's up, feel free to vote. I narrowed it down through runs I didn't feel like I was going to be able to write for and ended up with the seven options at the top (apologies to those whose ideas ended up on the Honorable Mentions list). You can vote for as many of the options as you'd like.

Edited by Autumneverlast

Try doing a grass/fairy like I am doing but w/o the klefki I have.

Grass/Fairy doesn't really interest me thematically, plus I'd rather not do the same thing another member of the forum is doing. But I'll add it to the list anyway.

Also not sure if I could survive without the Klefki...

Edited by Autumneverlast

Some that I thought of:

Disciples of Helix: Duo Water/Rock run

Patience and Fury: Duo Fire/Psychic run

Chromatic Run: May only have one Pokemon of each type on the team at a time. (example: Heracross, Gallade and Infernape can not be on your team at the same time.)

I'm new to restriction runs, so I don't know how viable these are...

Edited by Drymus

Some that I thought of:

Disciples of Helix: Duo Water/Rock run

Patience and Fury: Duo Fire/Psychic run

Chromatic Run: May only have one Pokemon of each type on the team at a time. (example: Heracross, Gallade and Infernape can not be on your team at the same time.)

I'm new to restriction runs, so I don't know how viable these are...

Both duo runs are very doable, as water has plenty of 'mons early on to make up for Rock's lack. The Chromatic Run is really interesting to me though, and it's one that I don't think would be especially hard, but would still lead to some challenging situations. Maybe if I combined it with a gender or color restriction or something else along those lines.

EGG GROUP MONO

THIS is definitely interesting. Looking through the groups, I think I'd have to pick carefully if I want to have a team of 6 before Aya or so without going for one of the Field Group, which might not feel that challenging

Edited by Autumneverlast

Limited BST run, where you can only catch pokémons up until a certain BST.

For example, if you make a "Total of 409 BST" Run, Braixen is teh best pokémon you can get.

Pokémon by BST here :D

I think a BST run would be interesting, but I'm also leery of having to sit on less-than-final evolution pokemon, especially with starters. It's the same issue I have with a no-evolution run, where I'd have to mash X every time one of my pokemon leveled up once I reached a certain point in the game. Story wise, I'd also have trouble justifying a character sticking to a particular BST. It's workable, but just not quite the same as a story from a duo type trainer or a breeder sticking to the pokemon they know.

Once again, I'll add it to the list anyway, though.

Edit: To get into more detail, if I set the BST too low, I'd be aggravated that I can't level up several of my pokemon (including my starter). If I set it too high, then there's no real challenge.

Ghost/Dark run.

I'll jot that vote down somewhere. I'll likely be doing a poll once I narrow down the choices (after this expansion), so I'll try to remember that in case you don't come back to vote then.

Edited by Autumneverlast

If one were to do a duo run, would subtypes be allowed. Lets say a Ghost/Dark duo run and use of honckrow or greninja for dark and gengar for ghost.

Yes, they are because I created that challenge myself or so.

If one were to do a duo run, would subtypes be allowed. Lets say a Ghost/Dark duo run and use of honckrow or greninja for dark and gengar for ghost.

It would be a little difficult to make it through with just mono dark types and mono ghosts, or even worse, running it with just a Spiritomb or Sableye. Duo runs (as OmegaRa1der noted) would follow the same rules as running two mono runs at the same time would, though if a pokemon existed that had both types within Reborn, they'd likely become a permanent member of my team (so a dark/ghost run would try hard to get a Spiritomb/Sableye and make it work).

Mono-Ground is one I'm doing, liking it so far. Kinda difficult tbh (because you might actually lose to Fern, which is the worst feeling ever), but fun.

Other runs though:

Ground/Fighting = Earth benders (I guess?)

Ground/Fire = Volcano

Ground/Water = Mud Run

yeah, they all have ground.

They're Giovanni approved runs.

Probably.

The Engineer's Run:

Pretty much anything that looks like a robot or some kind of machine or have something to do with computers. Examples: Magnezone, Klinklang, Golurk, Porygon line, Metagross, things like that.

Or a Steel/Electric duo-type run (Machine over man). You'd have to rely on some electric types at the beginning, since there really aren't too many Steel types available right away unless someone hacks them in for you like a lot of runs begin with.

I'm currently doing a mono-electric, but not including any sort of story. And Pyrrhon was the kind mod who got me started with a Blitzle, Joltik, and a shiny Chikorita with perfect IVs and the move Judgement.

Or another, more difficult possibility, is an Eevee breeder run, which is one I've been thinking of doing, but want to finish my current one and then possibly a mono-Psychic.

The rules would be that you start out with either 2 or 3 Eevee, depending on which you think is more fair.

You can breed the Eevee, but you can't breed solely for perfect IVs.

You can only use the first 8 Eevee you obtain including the starter Eevee, 1 for each evolution, but you can have 1 more in case you want to keep an Eevee.

You can adjust your team of Eeveelutions whenever you want.

And the ONLY exceptions to the Eevee only rule are for HM only Pokemon, probably Bidoof for Cut & Rock Smash early game as Eevee can't learn them and then something for Fly come Episode 16.

Edited by Generalguy64

Mono-Ground is one I'm doing, liking it so far. Kinda difficult tbh (because you might actually lose to Fern, which is the worst feeling ever), but fun.

Other runs though:

Ground/Fighting = Earth benders (I guess?)

Ground/Fire = Volcano

Ground/Water = Mud Run

yeah, they all have ground.

They're Giovanni approved runs.

Probably.

I'm going to start paring down the number of runs I've got up top, but I really like the Ground/Fire idea, so I'll be adding that one to the list.

The Engineer's Run:

Pretty much anything that looks like a robot or some kind of machine or have something to do with computers. Examples: Magnezone, Klinklang, Golurk, Porygon line, Metagross, things like that.

Or a Steel/Electric duo-type run (Machine over man). You'd have to rely on some electric types at the beginning, since there really aren't too many Steel types available right away unless someone hacks them in for you like a lot of runs begin with.

I'm currently doing a mono-electric, but not including any sort of story. And Pyrrhon was the kind mod who got me started with a Blitzle, Joltik, and a shiny Chikorita with perfect IVs and the move Judgement.

Or another, more difficult possibility, is an Eevee breeder run, which is one I've been thinking of doing, but want to finish my current one and then possibly a mono-Psychic.

The rules would be that you start out with either 2 or 3 Eevee, depending on which you think is more fair.

You can breed the Eevee, but you can't breed solely for perfect IVs.

You can only use the first 8 Eevee you obtain including the starter Eevee, 1 for each evolution, but you can have 1 more in case you want to keep an Eevee.

You can adjust your team of Eeveelutions whenever you want.

And the ONLY exceptions to the Eevee only rule are for HM only Pokemon, probably Bidoof for Cut & Rock Smash early game as Eevee can't learn them and then something for Fly come Episode 16.

Steel/Electric is an interesting idea, I'll add that one to the list... and the Eevee breeder run sounds like a TON of fun. The only real issue I have with it is the fact that I'd need to ask someone to mod up a file and add two or three Eevees in, but that shouldn't be too bad. That and basic Eevee is pretty weak.

Thinking of some unusual runs to do, as well as runs that could have a story element to them, and the concept of weight came up. What if all your Pokemon had to weigh under or over a certain limit? That way you have a run as loose or strict as you want, and it's an alternative to the mono/dual runs that have already been suggested. As for the story element, you could run anything from eating disorder to genetics to whatever either keeping your character really light or really heavy, and wanting to prove to the world that people of their size can do anything 'normal' people can. Just a thought, not sure if it holds weight as I'm really new to the concept of mono/dual/alternative rule running Pokemon games in general, but something I came up with while seeing all the mono/dual runs and wanting to suggest something different.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_weight

Thinking of some unusual runs to do, as well as runs that could have a story element to them, and the concept of weight came up. What if all your Pokemon had to weigh under or over a certain limit? That way you have a run as loose or strict as you want, and it's an alternative to the mono/dual runs that have already been suggested. As for the story element, you could run anything from eating disorder to genetics to whatever either keeping your character really light or really heavy, and wanting to prove to the world that people of their size can do anything 'normal' people can. Just a thought, not sure if it holds weight as I'm really new to the concept of mono/dual/alternative rule running Pokemon games in general, but something I came up with while seeing all the mono/dual runs and wanting to suggest something different.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_weight

For reasons that should be obvious for anyone here who's ever been in that awkward kind of situation, I'm going to need to be pretty careful with this idea. I want to make it something PC related rather than an arbitrary limit, so I'm not going to do a "heavy" side run to avoid unfortunate implications, but a "lighter than I am to show that little people can do things" type run does sound pretty nice. Limit here would probably be around 100 pounds, give or take 10, to allow for a couple starters to fully evolve.

Edited by Autumneverlast

I'm going to start paring down the number of runs I've got up top, but I really like the Ground/Fire idea, so I'll be adding that one to the list.

Steel/Electric is an interesting idea, I'll add that one to the list... and the Eevee breeder run sounds like a TON of fun. The only real issue I have with it is the fact that I'd need to ask someone to mod up a file and add two or three Eevees in, but that shouldn't be too bad. That and basic Eevee is pretty weak.

A couple of mods are usually pretty good at hacking in a starter or two in a save file. Most runs begin with a thread asking for someone to hack it in, and it's usually done pretty quickly.

A couple of mods are usually pretty good at hacking in a starter or two in a save file. Most runs begin with a thread asking for someone to hack it in, and it's usually done pretty quickly.

I have a psychosis about wanting to be independent. It's not really a big deal, just bugs me. I'll get over it anyway, though.

Oh, and poll's up.

Edited by Autumneverlast

Hoping to see someone do the Eevee breeder run. Currently doing a different one.

Even if I don't do Eevee Breeder for this story run, I'm going to want to do it sooner or later. That's too good of an idea to pass up.

The vote is done. With 6 votes, the chosen run is Nightmare, a Dark/Ghost type run. I will be putting together a plan and start writing things up for the story, thank you everyone who voted and submitted ideas. If a mod drops by and is willing, please lock this thread.