is this team good?

Shirokiba

Aside from the fact that there was no planning involved. I just grabbed as many pokemon I liked as I could.

Here it is:

Marshtomp Ability: Damp

Kricketune Ability : Swarm (can't wait for that second ability capsule)

Numel Ability: Own Tempo

Swoobat Ability: Unaware

Vanillite Ability: Ice Body

so far, all these guys are pulling their weight, the only one having a rough time is Vanillite, seems a bit frail but that looks to change when it evolves. I am working on getting Mareep, another of my favorites. Only have 2 badges so far, still in Jasper Ward.

You can only buy them after the 8th gym, but there are a bunch of Ability Capsules buried hidden all throughout the region.

Edited by BIGJRA

That's a pretty solid team! The only potential issue I see is that besides Swoobat, the rest of your team has medium to low speed. However, Marshtomp and Ampharos are both pretty bulky and Ampharos can use paralysis to fix this issue for the most part.

There are some double battles coming up, so having Ampharos use Discharge with your Numel/Marshtomp and using ground type moves with Swoobat can work well. This team can work against the next few gym leaders at least.

that's good to know. I'm just holding on to this until I can get this team:

Glaceon, Hippowdon, Abomasnow, Aurorus, Mamoswine and Froslass. Hopefully they are all in the game.

Edit: I got an ability capsule but when I use it on Swoobat, I get Klutz instead of Simple >.> isn't it supposed swap to their hidden ability?

Edited by Shirokiba

Well Kricketune is gonna be useless from now on, so I recommend ditching him for anything else, but your team is really solid. You may want a grass type or something besides marshtomp because your team has 3 pokemon weak to rock types. Probably not a big issue though. Also you can switch your Numel for a Growlithe after doing a sidequest in the Beryl ward. It's better than Numel in most ways, including the fact that it is way faster.

It's a rotation, so for Swoobat it must be Unaware -> Klutz -> Simple -> Unaware, meaning you need 2 capsules to get Simple. Or like me you can go back to E13 when the swap was still random to use it

Darn, almost makes me want to catch another one and level it up.

Well Kricketune is gonna be useless from now on, so I recommend ditching him for anything else, but your team is really solid. You may want a grass type or something besides marshtomp because your team has 3 pokemon weak to rock types. Probably not a big issue though. Also you can switch your Numel for a Growlithe after doing a sidequest in the Beryl ward. It's better than Numel in most ways, including the fact that it is way faster.

I do have the Growlithe, I'll use it if Numel starts slacking but for now, it's been doing good, I am a fan of Growlithe. As for grass types, I'd want to use Roselia but I was told it only got good later on when you had better TMs.

Edited by Shirokiba

There was an Ability Capsule right in the beginning. You know that building that get's destroyed by the 1st Gym Leader? right outside that building on the left rock, there was an Ability Capsule. Once you complete that building, you can't get it though

There was an Ability Capsule right in the beginning. You know that building that get's destroyed by the 1st Gym Leader? right outside that building on the left rock, there was an Ability Capsule. Once you complete that building, you can't get it though

I got that one, had to use it on Mudkip.

Growlithe's a really solid pokemon with excellent coverage, speed, and offense, but Numel/Camerupt is also a really great pokemon. You get early ground type STAB with Earth power, field changing ability with Lava Plume/Flame Burst, and its low speed is offset by some really solid bulk. I'd probably agree with changing out Numel for Growlithe just because you already have Marshtomp on the team and will be able to get a piloswine around level 30-38, but there's not really going to be a point where Numel stops pulling weight.

Replacing Kricketune with Growlithe might be a better option for now, as Kricketune really does stop pulling its weight around the level 30 mark.

Growlithe's a really solid pokemon with excellent coverage, speed, and offense, but Numel/Camerupt is also a really great pokemon. You get early ground type STAB with Earth power, field changing ability with Lava Plume/Flame Burst, and its low speed is offset by some really solid bulk. I'd probably agree with changing out Numel for Growlithe just because you already have Marshtomp on the team and will be able to get a piloswine around level 30-38, but there's not really going to be a point where Numel stops pulling weight.

Replacing Kricketune with Growlithe might be a better option for now, as Kricketune really does stop pulling its weight around the level 30 mark.

wait where is this Piloswine going to be (if there are spoilers, I can wait and find out on my own) this is relevant to my blizzard team I want to build later.

Numel/Camerupt is good in the early game with early strong stabs, but later it's just to slow, you may ko one pokemon (if you're not ohko) but to rarely two.

wait where is this Piloswine going to be (if there are spoilers, I can wait and find out on my own) this is relevant to my blizzard team I want to build later.

You can find Swinub in Citrine mountain in front of Shade's gym

Numel/Camerupt is good in the early game with early strong stabs, but later it's just to slow, you may ko one pokemon (if you're not ohko) but to rarely two.

You can find Swinub in Citrine mountain in front of Shade's gym

True 'nuff, though I still enjoyed having it around, especially on that particular run, as I lacked ground presence and didn't think to pick up a Piloswine and also screwed Aya over pretty hard with Earth Power.

And to be really, really specific, once you get rock smash (and can use it outside of battle), you can simply head up to Beryl and head east across the bridge until you reach the Abandoned Power Plant. From there, head south, smash that rock, and you can access Citrine mountain, where you can run around until a Swinub attacks you.

is it okay to keep it right now, I really don't have anything to replace Kricketune right now, so I was gonna toss Growlithe in, didn't catch a lot of pokemon cause everything was working out okay.

I'd say keep the numel around for now. You'll have a pretty noticable weakness to water, but that should be reduced once you get some more 'mons.

Edited by Autumneverlast

True 'nuff, though I still enjoyed having it around, especially on that particular run, as I lacked ground presence and didn't think to pick up a Piloswine and also screwed Aya over pretty hard with Earth Power.

And to be really, really specific, once you get rock smash (and can use it outside of battle), you can simply head up to Beryl and head east across the bridge until you reach the Abandoned Power Plant. From there, head south, smash that rock, and you can access Citrine mountain, where you can run around until a Swinub attacks you.

I'd say keep the numel around for now. You'll have a pretty noticable weakness to water, but that should be reduced once you get some more 'mons.

Wait, I can what?! Sweet!... Ah dang, now I want to play instead of catch up on anime and finish other stuff i need to do.

Wait, I can what?! Sweet!... Ah dang, now I want to play instead of catch up on anime and finish other stuff i need to do.

oh yeah, a bit help

You can get Corey's Nidorina in Beryl cave, where you can soft-reset to get good egg-move, IV and ability

alongside Croagunk, which could use stuff like Sucker Punch and make your fight against Ghost gym much easier :3

(you need silver ring to get them BTW)