Final Fantasy VII Remake

FraRPetO

So, the time has finally come to Square to please the fans.

I heard the rumours, but didn't believe it and it's finally announced that FFVII fully remake is coming first to PlayStation.

What do you think? I can't wait to blow up some Mako Reactors again.

Well... sadly I couldn't view Sony's Pressconference live (it was 3 AM here in Germany and I was asleep) but the first thing that poped up when I booted my PC was my Steam Chat with my Brother telling me that our favorite game would get a proper Remake at last!

I couldn't believe it... so I opened up my browser and went to my gaming-news site... and there it was: the biggest top news - Final Fantasy 7 Remake for it's 20th anniversary...

I watched that trailer like 10 times in a row to confirm that I'm not dreaming.

Oh and - no need for a PS4!!! It is only TIME-EXCLUSIVE on PS4... so that means it WILL COME to PC and XBoxOne in due time

This is the best morning of my life!

Worst trailer ever for one of the worst FF games ever, but whatever... People have their tastes, I guess.

I would have preferred the FF7 series itself to continue rather than there being a remake of the first in the series. Everyone would have been fine with Cloud coming back no matter what game he was in, so there's no excuse to not have made a continuation for the PS4 instead of a remake.

• Support Squad

If they actually do a graphical update ((which that CINEMATIC trailer did NOT confirm)) then I will be happy. Sometimes I literally could not see where to go to navigate the area soooo

There is a lot that the square team will hafta rework. There are a lot of things that simply would not work or look right if the game was 100% exact to the original.

Gameplay is going to be the biggest issue. They did well with re-inventing turn-based in Lightning Returns but that was only with one character - not an entire party of characters.

From what I've seen, the Versus model wouldn't work right with FF7 either.

I honestly don't understand what Squeenix is thinking by remaking this game PS4 style. All they're going to get upon release is flak with people disappointed because they expected impossible standards.

• 5 months later...

it's time to revive this thing I guess

SO FF7new trailer is out and it's look amazing!but after that I think everyone is...kinda piss of because it's episodic...so I just want to know what everyone think about this?

I'm fine with this I don't have PS4 anyway I just don't waste my money to buy another console like my PS3

I definitely didn't expect to see another trailer so soon. This one actually has some gameplay in it, so that's cool. The graphical upgrade looks nice. The attack animations and effects were beautiful and the areas were great, so I'm a fan of that. I will say that Cloud looked a bit scrawnier than he's usually been portrayed, but it was the face that I noticed the most. It just looks... vaguely like Cloud's face, but it's kind of ugly-looking and has honestly been done way better in every other iteration, by which I mean Dissidia, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, and especially Advent Children. I was really hoping to see a face similar to Advent Children's face, but unfortunately that didn't happen. But while it's a point that bothers me, it's not a game-killer.

To talk about a different point, and what was probably my biggest concern regarding both this game and Cloud's appearance in Sm4sh, I was SUUUPER happy to hear Steve Burton doing Cloud's voice again. I hope they never never never drop that guy when it comes to localized FFVII content, because he does Cloud like nobody else could. He fits the character so perfectly, and I hope we get him for an English VA in Sm4sh too, because honestly, the Japanese actor just isn't the same. (Also, I like how they dropped Cloud's signature "Not interested" line in the trailer. ^^)

Combat looked interesting. While there was the classic "Attack" "Magic" "Items" etc. menu on the side, it appeared to be occuring in real time, with Cloud being able to move freely and change targets. It reminded me of Dissidia's "RPG Mode" gameplay setting, for those who are familiar with that.

A final point, I've heard that the game will likely be split into three separate games, which is one of the most disappointing parts for me. I really hope each "game" lasts longer than the contents of the three discs the original FFVII used, or otherwise they'd better each be cheaper than a new game would normally be. I get that Square Enix needs to make a profit, but I hope this doesn't end up screwing the fans because of that.

• Support Squad

Combat looked interesting. While there was the classic "Attack" "Magic" "Items" etc. menu on the side, it appeared to be occuring in real time, with Cloud being able to move freely and change targets. It reminded me of Dissidia's "RPG Mode" gameplay setting, for those who are familiar with that.

It's kingdom hearts gameplay. At the coe it looks like KH gameplay, through and through. Which is good. I despised the battle system in FF VII

His arms are the only thing that make me go ew. Everything else on him looks awesome to me. It also bothers me a bit that the game is not an ATB RPG.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why Square has decided to drop the turn-based/atb systems almost entirely from the Final Fantasy franchise as of recent, but regardless of that I have high hopes. I never really got into Final Fantasy VII that much and hope to remain unspoiled for when the game drops. I guess it will tide me over until KH3 comes out (or KH3 will tide me over until FF7 comes out, idk).