Sound Sorting!

Amethyst

121/140: poison sting (first one is the pokemon using it, latter the target gets hit) and a couple of other moves i think.

137: tackle/take down/etc

142: drinking sound... if there's any drinking move

145: eating gummis sound, could be used for sweet kiss or some other fairy move like that

149: idk why but i find this fitting for curse

171: used whenever a mon with chlorophyll attacked, so maybe growth?

173: defense boosting sound, fitting for iron defense

190: attack boosting sound i think, tho it's really similar to 173

191: originally used as charge

208: originally used as curse's second half, tho it's not very fitting for non-ghost-type curse

234: some type of flying/windy move. some flying moves like gust and wing attack have already been identified, and since this one can fit a lot, id say defog, tailwind, air slash or air cutter

235: song/sound-based move, chatter would be a great fit

245/246: diving in and out i think

247: dragon/fire/flying-type move. originally i think this was fire spin or dragon claw (tho if dragon claw, there was a second part)

248: attract and charm, but attract would require another sound beforehand

251: leaf blade

255/269/288: some type of stomping move

263: protect

264: originally used whenever a reviver seed was used or a mon used a move like pursuit/mirror coat/etc, though it wouldnt be very fitting now so idk

265: same as above

273: spark

276: fury attack or any horn-like attack (should be used whenever the target gets hit)

277: razor leaf. there's also one that's slightly different than this one and was used for magical leaf, though i havent been able to find it yet.

280/281: both are string shot. on the former, the pokemon shoots the web, while on the latter it hits the target

292: originally used as feint attack. can also fit some other dark/ghost-type moves.

297/299/318: all of these can be used as one or more ghost/dark-type move(s). the former was originally scary face.

298: absorb/mega drain/giga drain/leech life's second part, where you steal hp

310: originally used as sweet kiss or something of the sort. very fitting for a vast amount of fairy-type moves or even status normal-type ones (disarming voice, fairy wind, etc)

317/319/(...): these (and a LOT of other ones that sound pretty much like it) can be used as sand-attack or some other simple move like that

322: don't know what specific move it corresponded to, but this would usually be followed by a paralyzing sound (184). can fit a lot of things, such as leer-like moves or ion deluge, perhaps.

331: originally used as quick attack (and some other moves' first half, mainly special/set-up ones)

343: originally used as feint

385: originally used as discharge. can also fit a ton of other electric-type moves. plus, there are tons of other sounds that are more fitting to discharge than this one imo.

Edited by MMM

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

All done! Thanks to those who contributed! I ended up not going through with the plan I most recently outlined because in various processes I ended up sorting the rest myself. Oops. Nonetheless everyone who got it started was a huge help!