Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Riolu Egg?

Garet

Question

So, I've seen some walkthroughs online, and you can apparently get a riolu egg in this game?

I have a question or two, and I would appreciate if anyone with knowledge about this event could answer them. ;v;

I'm not sure how to add spoiler warnings to my text, so yeah. Sorry if this spoils anything for anyone.

1- Is it possible for the riolu to be shiny?

2- will the egg have the star on it, or do I have to hatch it in order to find out?

EDIT: I just got a shiny one after four eggs. I can confirm that you can get a shiny riolu.

Edited by Garet

4 answers to this question

as far as I know it should have a star on a shiny egg and it should be able to be shiny but more than likely you will need to breed it to get shiny egg as usually event eggs shiny-ness is predetermined near start of the game so unless ya get very lucky....yeahh

Edited by Lord Drakyle

So, I've seen some walkthroughs online, and you can apparently get a riolu egg in this game?

I have a question or two, and I would appreciate if anyone with knowledge about this event could answer them. ;v;

I'm not sure how to add spoiler warnings to my text, so yeah. Sorry if this spoils anything for anyone.

1- Is it possible for the riolu to be shiny?

2- will the egg have the star on it, or do I have to hatch it in order to find out?

1. Yes it is possible.

2. In the public release the stars were removed. You have to hatch it. Remember to save BEFORE obtaining the egg, since the shinyness is determined when you get it in your party or PC box.

.u. Thank you both for answering! I've saved just before picking up the egg, just in case.

Does anyone know for sure if it might be shiny, or if I have to breed the riolu? I'm getting it from the mountain and not a mystery egg, if that's any help answering.