Fire Emblem Fates Thread

Godot

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering that 25 hp is gonna be more or less the high cap... maybe. Gotta look to leaders for something special I guess. god Corrin Kamui is ugly AF.

Yeah, HP is oddly low in this game. I've looked at one of the end game chapters for Nohr, and only two characters broke 40 HP, and they were well level'd. I'm at the mid game, and only one of my characters, (Arthur, the blonde Axe Fighter) has more than 30 HP. It makes the higher difficulties much harder.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Yeah, HP is oddly low in this game. I've looked at one of the end game chapters for Nohr, and only two characters broke 40 HP, and they were well level'd. I'm at the mind game, and only one of my characters, (Arthur, the blonde Axe Fighter) has more than 30 HP. It makes the higher difficulties much harder.

Makes it so you don't run into units that have ungodly HP with the Lifetake ability Dark Knights gain where they heal back half of their hp each time they kill a unit. Or you run into the Avatar with Ignis, Sol, Luna, and Lifetaker, you essentially become unkillable

yeah, you like the eyepatch a lot.

Even with all the options for the male avatar... I still can't make a combination I like. I really dislike his base look and all his hair options are really, really bad. But the female has so many cool hair options.

That's why I ended up using the default hair for the males. I just didn't like any of the others. (The females options were nice, but I still preferred default overall.

Yeah, HP is oddly low in this game. I've looked at one of the end game chapters for Nohr, and only two characters broke 40 HP, and they were well level'd. I'm at the mind game, and only one of my characters, (Arthur, the blonde Axe Fighter) has more than 30 HP. It makes the higher difficulties much harder.

They also nerfed nosferatu so that it can no longer double. After the Aversa's Night, Armsthrift fiasco I can understand why.

They also nerfed nosferatu so that it can no longer double. After the Aversa's Night, Armsthrift fiasco I can understand why.

I doubt this'll make a huge difference. Just pair it with the skill that means no-one can double (honestly this skill is the most broken thing I've seen in a looooong time), and a decent damage buffing skill and you're still broken.

I doubt this'll make a huge difference. Just pair it with the skill that means no-one can double (honestly this skill is the most broken thing I've seen in a looooong time), and a decent damage buffing skill and you're still broken.

Units taking advantage of Nosferatu will be Dark Mages. While more bulky than their standard Mage counterpart, part of what made Nosferatu good in Awakening was the ability to double with it, as in previous games Nosferatu was extremely heavy which caused most dark magic users to be unable to dobule with it, (FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, FE8) which kept it's balance in check, and even then it healed more HP than it does in Fates and Awakening. (It used to heal all damage done, now it heals half)

This, combined with low HP in general and hard hitting enemies causes Nosferatu to not nearly be as overpowered as it was before, even if you pair it up with the no doubling skill.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

The thing is that in previous games mages couldn't double with it but other people had an easy time of doubling them. This time around you can't double them, but with access to 1-2 range they can still effectively double any melee unit. It's probable then that the weapon will be broken in combination with that skill in 1 on 1 scenarios, and the logical thing to do is gang bash the nosferatu user in a single turn. This still isn't easy though as they're effectively activating sol on every attack and will presumably take a lot of killing. This puts you at a disadvantage as you've spent most of your men killing one unit, and nosferatu is still therefore very good.

The thing is that in previous games mages couldn't double with it but other people had an easy time of doubling them. This time around you can't double them, but with access to 1-2 range they can still effectively double any melee unit. It's probable then that the weapon will be broken in combination with that skill in 1 on 1 scenarios, and the logical thing to do is gang bash the nosferatu user in a single turn. This still isn't easy though as they're effectively activating sol on every attack and will presumably take a lot of killing. This puts you at a disadvantage as you've spent most of your men killing one unit, and nosferatu is still therefore very good.

Unless you make Kamui's second class option a Dark Mage (or A rank/S rank Nyx/Odin) and give him/her HP as his/her asset, Odin will be your bulkiest Dark Mage with a 55% HP growth, and a 40% defence growth. (With S rank and A+ rank seals, other characters can become Dark Mages, but only Elise can make good use of that class outside of Odin, Nyx, and Kamui.) Even then, by the late game he will have around 33-38 HP, and still be sort of lacking in Defence. Nosferatu only heals half of the damage it does, so even if you do equip the no doubling skill, (Odin would have to S rank Elfie to get this skill, Nyx would have to S rank Benoit, and Kamui would have to A rank either Elfie or Benoit) they won't be surviving more than two rounds of combat at the most due to how hard enemies hit.

Getting the no doubling skill on your Dark Mages takes a lot of investment as well, especially since you are much more limited on combat in the Nohr campaign (not to mention specific S ranks are needed!), and Kamui is the only Dark Mage/Armor Knight you can get in the Hoshido campaign, but you can only choose one of those.

Not to mention Elfie is a bad mother for Odin's daughter Ophelia, and Nyx is a bad mother for Benoit's son Ignis.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Isn't there a seal that extends the level cap so that you can grind people up to stat caps in the post game?

Yes there is, but skirmishes are very limited in Nohr (you get a few at pre-set parts in the story), and you can't just spend gold to get them like you can in Hoshido, so you're limited in how much you can level your characters. I don't know how this will work for the third path, and if there will be grinding DLC. (I believe after you beat the game, it just pushes you back to right before the final chapter like in Awakening.)

Dark Mages, excluding Kamui are Nohr and Third route exclusive, and same goes for Armor Knights. So on Hoshido you cannot get the combination of Dark Mages with the no doubling skill, and I believe there is no dark magic obtained in the Hoshido campaign.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Yeah, all of my theorycrafting thus far has been centered around the roster for the 3rd route, under the assumption that we have easy access to grinding. 3rd route gives you a lot more options when it comes to S/A+ ranks.

his oddshaped head doesn't look good with a buzz cut and he's got random elf ears. just my opinion though. And as austin powers would say... mole mole mole mole mole mole.

I agree with the buzz cut looking a little off. However the mole doesn't look to bad... it could be worse

• 1 month later...

My body is ready for this game and pokemon super mystery dungeon anyways I'm doing hoshido and invisble kingdom path when it the english release come out and I will not do noir path because i don't feel like doing noir evan though odin is in that path beside i can get him in invisble kingdom anyways I odin because he is ........... I will not spoil it so unless you know who he is and #Takumi is cool and #blame Gans and #Ike our man and #I like being bare footed

Edited by Infernape88

My body is ready for this game and pokemon super mystery dungeon anyways I'm doing hoshido and invisble kingdom path when it the english release come out and I will not do noir path because i don't feel like doing noir evan though odin is in that path beside i can get him in invisble kingdom anyways I odin because he is ........... I will not spoil it so you won't know and #Takumi is cool and #blame Gans and #Ike our man and #I like being bare footed

I will be doing both, planning on getting the software to stream it when I get it. If I do happen to stream it, which version would you guys want to see first? Hoshido or Nohr?

I will be doing both, planning on getting the software to stream it when I get it. If I do happen to stream it, which version would you guys want to see first? Hoshido or Nohr?

hoshido of corse but If I got the game it dos'st matter to me anyways but I might watch if I know what your Twich if you have one or Youtube

Edited by Infernape88