Sp. Atk Lucario

So, I have a Modest Riolu level 1 (not my steel runthrough) and I was thinking I could set up a Sp. Atk Lucario

Inner Focus

Aura Sphere

Calm Mind

Dragon Pulse

?????

I would like some help in A) Training him to evolve as fast as possible, because Riolu gets more points in attack than special, whereas Lucario gets more points in Special ( 110 attack, 115 Sp.)

(Does this even affect his overall stats after he evolves, or would the stats change?)

I would also like some help with the moveset, I know I Definitely want Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere, but what other moves would be good to learn?

I was thinking Calm Mind, but what other move would be good?

Dark Pulse?

Let me know your thoughts :)

Honestly, it's speed ain't the best, nor is it's bulk. Sure, CM helps the special side, but a lot of physical foes can outspeed an OHKO you. Sooooo, what I'd recommend is Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Vacuum Wave. VW is the obvious answer to those that outspeed you, a nice STAB at-least-+2 priority move with great coverage. I guess you could run Dragon Pulse instead of Shadow Ball, but SB means perfect neutral coverage, while any Fairy means you have to switch out and say goodbye to your buffs. It's more up to preference at this pointpoint, but definitely NP>CM and make your 4th Vacuum Wave.

Alright thanks :)

Can you explain why shadow ball? To take out Ghost/Psychic types?

That and because it has a very high base power even if it is only 80 it hits like 90-95,if you noticed Dark Pulse is doing lower damage than Shadow Ball and also can lower Sp.Defence.

Nasty plot is learned by Riolu at level 47, and Lucario learns Aura Sphere at 42.... Could a Move Tutor teach Lucario Nasty Plot? Riolu already knows Vacuum Wave, and I'm pretty sure I have Shadow Ball TM, not 100% though

Ninja'd, EDIT:

Alright, so it looks like Aura Sphere / Nasty Plot / Vacuum Wave / Shadow Ball.

I have Shadow Ball TM; Riolu Knows Vacuum Wave, Lucario can learn Aura Sphere, but how would I make him learn Nasty Plot?

Edited by Mortally Divine