Some advice for this newbie

biboo195

Just started up the game, had Mudkip (HERDZYOU LIEKZ) as my starter. I need some advice for the game, mainly about the pokemons i may want to catch (please let there be a Scyther/Scizor). I know i've brought hell all on myself, but i want to be an actual boss in Pokemon, not like the casual players in the main game.

whaaa?you just start for the first time...or is this a second run

whatever first get espur(if it still there...I donno)get kricketune(OP Florinia)and Electrike and Whismur(good in early game) and another one well I donno...

that it in the early game before Julia

whatever first get espur(if it still there...I donno)get kricketune(OP Florinia)and Electrike and Whismur(good in early game) and another one well I donno...

1st time mate

Just started up the game, had Mudkip (HERDZYOU LIEKZ) as my starter. I need some advice for the game, mainly about the pokemons i may want to catch (please let there be a Scyther/Scizor). I know i've brought hell all on myself, but i want to be an actual boss in Pokemon, not like the casual players in the main game.

Scyther and Scizor aren't available yet, unfortunately.

Although, for a rough idea of which Pokémon you can expect to find, there is a page that lists all of the currently available Pokémon.

Edited by Foamy

Yup these were my go-to starters. Trubbish and Makuhita are cool as well.

No I just bred with Ditto until I got Fire.

You don't get Ditto for a bit. Magnezone is VERY good though, I recommend Magnezone.

Yo can use an IV Calculator online to determine hidden power. Strength is always 60. IVs are viewed in Pokemon info screen.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Hey, i want to ask something. Is Nidoking/Malamar good ? Seeing as Nidoking can get his 2 STAB move+Toxic Spikes in mid game, and Malamar has that Contrary+Superpower combo.

No I just bred with Ditto until I got Fire.

You don't get Ditto for a bit. Magnezone is VERY good though, I recommend Magnezone.

Yo can use an IV Calculator online to determine hidden power. Strength is always 60. IVs are viewed in Pokemon info screen.

Wait what? HP Strength is always 60?? Is that exclusive to Reborn or is that gen 6 mechanics now? I thought 60 was just the maximum, and more times then not, it will be weaker than 60.

Wait what? HP Strength is always 60?? Is that exclusive to Reborn or is that gen 6 mechanics now? I thought 60 was just the maximum, and more times then not, it will be weaker than 60.

Yeah this mechanic was introduced in X and Y.

I can advise you not to raise noibat yet :P but Woobat with simple and Calm Mind can deal some blows.
Pachirisu (or Emolga later) can be used for maximum trolling/to set up other mons. Pachi gets in my opinion out of use somewhere around the 5th gym.
You can get Budew pretty early too. Roselia/-rade has excellent special attack and decent speed. (and you can get Nuzleaf at a certain point to breed Extrasensory, if you feel like it).
Trubbish, as stated above, is also pretty great early-game with Acid Spray/Toxic Spikes and good speed.

Edited by laggless01

Before gen 6, Hidden Power's maximum base power was 80. As of X & Y, it's been set to 60.

Definitely don't raise Noibat yet. Start off with a different flying type and then switch to Noibat when the level cap reaches 50. Noibat's moveset is pretty bad up until it evolves into Noivern, and even then Air Slash is the only good STAB move it gets until later where you can tutor on Boomburst/Dragon Pulse or wait until the level 70s.

This is good for a certain Rose who could abuse Technician~

Oh I never thought about that! I stuck to Poison Point actually because its a lot more useful than I thought when I needed to sack Roserade and ended up poisoning it, whittling it down.