Gardevoir vs. Gallade

JustAnElite

Which Pokemon will benefit the player the most?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Gardevoir or Gallade?

Both are terrific in-game mons, can't even lie. Normally I would say Gallade due to that fantastic learnpool with moves like Close Combat, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, and Swords Dance, but I gotta give it up to Gardevoir because of its hella good typing. With the Fairy Typing, now it can smack Dragons as well resist resist hits from Fighting even better than before as well take neutral damage from Bug and Dark types. That does come with the price of becoming weak to Steel and Poison but it can smack Poison-types with Psychic and switch out if facing a Steel Type/hit that sucka with a Focus Blast when we get the TM for it. However, compared to Gallade, Gardevoir learnpool is pretty lame with the only good moves are Psychic, Moonblast, Stored Power, and Calm Mind

Personally, I would go with Gardevoir, but it all depends on what your team comp is mate.

Yeah Garde goes in on my profile when Mamoswine sets-up Mist. Also, you can always breed so you can have both! :]

Both are terrific in-game mons, can't even lie. Normally I would say Gallade due to that fantastic learnpool with moves like Close Combat, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, and Swords Dance, but I gotta give it up to Gardevoir because of its hella good typing. With the Fairy Typing, now it can smack Dragons as well resist resist hits from Fighting even better than before as well take neutral damage from Bug and Dark types. That does come with the price of becoming weak to Steel and Poison but it can smack Poison-types with Psychic and switch out if facing a Steel Type/hit that sucka with a Focus Blast when we get the TM for it. However, compared to Gallade, Gardevoir learnpool is pretty lame with the only good moves are Psychic, Moonblast, Stored Power, and Calm Mind

Personally, I would go with Gardevoir, but it all depends on what your team comp is mate.

Both of you guys have good points. Regardless of Gardevoir's horrible learnpool, you have to admit that it OHKOs teams, more than Gallade at times. Thanks! ^_^

But then like, Gallade's attack stat + his learnpool is omgggggggg

Well if I were to go for either one, it would be Gardevoir hands down. Gardevoir has a few ways you can build it, whereas Gallade has really only one in Reborn. As a support and special sweeper, Gardevoir has a good movepool. Coupled with Calm Mind, it can be devastating on special attackers. Gardevoir has the better ability as far as utility, depending on how you wanna look at it. Trace is really good, because it can copy stuff like Flash Fire, Water Absorb, and Intimidate, which can work against your opponent. Honestly the biggest reason I'd go Gardy over Gallade is the Fairy typing. Also there's many better Fighting types you have access to, like Toxicroak, Conkeldurr, Scrafty, Chesnaught, etc. etc. There's not many viable Fairy types when you get Gardy, and that's reason one. What Gallade has that Gardy does not is coverage, and a natural Protect, both of which have amazing uses. I's go Gardy, but it's up to you.

Hmmm Horrible? Calm Mind / Moonblast / Shadow Ball / Psychic is good coverage. You can breed for TBolt and we will eventually get Focus Mis- I mean Blast.

Calm Mind is boosted in certain fields so that is VERY useful.

Despite the lack of votes, Gallade is VERY good. Don;t underestimate him.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Not that Gardy has bad coverage, but Gallade has options with it's coverage moves. Gallade can super effectively hit Poison, Fighting, Dark, Normal, Ice, Steel, Rock, Psychic, Ghost, Grass, Ground, and Water, just with it's natural coverage alone. Gardy only has Poison, Fighting, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Psychic and that's assuming you have Shadow Ball over Claw. I'd still go Gardy, more for Trace. Trace is an amazing ability that can halt a lot of the opponent's attacka.

Whoops, I didn't mean to say "horrible learnpool" but only a variety of moves are actually useful if you know how to strategize. I also think Gardevoir's the best option, now that I think about it. I'm not underestimating Gallade though.

The combo Dream Eater/Hypnosis is really strong on Gardevoir too. Hypnosis is not really accurate, but in that case Gardevoir can generally take a few hits, then heal with Dream Eater. And its Gardevoir ! One of my favorite pokemon along with Blaziken. Have you ever seen its shiny sprite ?

Medicham is a powerful pokemon. Mr.Mime (aka registered sex offender) is useless.

Therefore, Gallade has a substitute, whereas Gardevoir doesn't really. So, if we disregard team structure, the lady with the pretty dress is more useful.

The combo Dream Eater/Hypnosis is really strong on Gardevoir too. Hypnosis is not really accurate, but in that case Gardevoir can generally take a few hits, then heal with Dream Eater. And its Gardevoir ! One of my favorite pokemon along with Blaziken. Have you ever seen its shiny sprite ?

I have never tried that combo. Dream Eater DOES have very high Base Bower. Draining Kiss offers good recovery as well.

I've tried that Hypnosis/Dream Eater method before. IT'S AMAZING ON A GENGAR. But, I've never tried it on Gardevoir, and I don't like the method as much because of Hypnosis' accuracy. I end up missing at times and it just gets annoying.

It's really good on Gengar too, especially with Hex as ghost stab (130 base power with sleep), but Gengar is fragile so if you miss your Hypnosis you're probably dead. Gardevoir is more bulky, with a good special defense, so it can take one or two hits if your Hypnosis misses

As a proud owner of both... I can attest that Gallade will murder fools after one swords dance. Nothing wants to live after a close combat.

Then again, a Moonblast from Gardevoir also is not very enemy-friendly.

So...

Why not both?

Personally, I find in Reborn that I have an abundance of strong Fighting type sweepers; Infernape/Blaziken (if starter), Hariyama, Machamp, Lucario, Conkeldurr, Mienshao, Medicham, ect, the list goes on. How many strong special attackers are there who can fill a similar role to Gardevoir? While there are a few who do their job superbly, Gardevoir outshines quite few of them. I'm not going to mention Mr. Mine because he's trash, Alakazam has extra weaknesses to deal with in Dark and Bug, while the only real weaknesses Garde has are Ghost and Steel. Yes, Poison can kill Garde as well, but Garde can also fire off a STAB Psychic.

As a result of Gardevoir outshining most other mons who can fill a similar role, I would say Gardevoir here. Gallade is an extremely awesome pokemon, so don't get me wrong. Gallade is actualy one of my all time favorites. But when looking at other options, if it must be one or the other, Gardevoir wins.

Although if you can have it, definitely go for having both. Maybe add a normal/dark type if you were to do that as well to help with the Ghost weakness?