Magikarp suggestion

Solarance

I have a (stupid) idea for how we could possibly get Magikarp back. (this idea is only for the early game) We would get Magikarp like we normally did before the whole sidequest started, and the trainers refused to fight you if you had Magikarp in your party (like shadow pokemon not allowed in gym battles in rejuv) until a said point in the game. I know this won't replace the current sidequest, and is possibly stupid.

EDIT: This will have flaws.... because I'm stupid.

Edited by ! HC ! PokeLuke

Don't see the point of it - it introduces an incredibly counterintuitive/cheesy game mechanic (arbitrarily being unable to fight because you have a normal pokemon on your team?) for something that's basically the same as simply not having it in the game until later.

The only solution to early Gyarados is give everything 100% accuracy Thunders at the start. And everything needs STAB.

No, Gyarados will never return that early in the game ever again. And I can half blame myself for that i think...

The other half is on me :(

at this point we'll get it back after the Elite 4 behind a giant water puzzle from Arceus itself that will say: he is my only child, the next God even greater than i protect him till his powers return then nothing on earth or in heaven will be able to stop you.

The other half is on me :(

at this point we'll get it back after the Elite 4 behind a giant water puzzle from Arceus itself that will say: he is my only child, the next God even greater than i protect him till his powers return then nothing on earth or in heaven will be able to stop you.

I'll solve the puzzle and my Gyarados will have found her long-lost cousin :]