Things that make me cry.

LordKola

Hello, I need some help in advancing in the game;
I'm at the part where I have to battle El's Ditto-Arceus (which appears to have stats nothing short of the real Arceus)
I'm keeping my Pokemon at level 60 and I find the battle quite hard for a couple of reasons which I will name a bit later in this thread, but before I do, I have to say that I have spent about 2 hours figuring out the Pinsir/Heracross riddle, to get the Tech Guy's glasses, then I went to the dept store and bought a ton of Quick Claws and Focus Bands, but to my bad luck, Arceus doesn't seem to care, his Judgement and Dark Pulse are not priority moves to my knowledge, but they still somehow out-speed my Quick Claw holding pokemon, oh and he doesn't care about Focus Band either, like, at all.
I've thought that all that may be because El's Dittoceus is also holding a Quick Claw, but it's constant, frustrating healing made me realize that it actually had Leftovers as hold item (and the game text said so too), so basically, I'm all out of any wisdom.

Additional info, the first Pokemon holding a Quick Claw I send to battle does attack first, but the others don't, so maybe you can just use one Quick Claw per duel? But that doesn't explain why Focus Band didn't work later on...

So, any explanation why the hold items didn't work?

Or any advice how I can beat it? Get a Wynaut with destiny bond or somesuch?

PS: I know (or moreso, I've heard) that I can just side with El and lose and the story will continue, but being "wrong" is just not in my nature.

Hold items do work, they just don't trigger 100% of the time. Iirc, Quick Claw only activates at a 12.5% chance and Focus Band only activates at a 10% chance.

If you've found the Focus Sash earlier in-game (under the grand stairway) and have a Pokémon with Destiny Bond or Perish Song, you can just use that to quickly KO Arceus.

That being said, it's hard to outspeed Arceus, but not impossible to win the battle without above-mentioned strategy.

my strategy

1:get a magnazone with t wave and sturdy keep using it till its out of full heals.

2 get 2 pokemon with memento muks in the wasteland would do and use it on him.

3.get a pokemon thats got some real attack power like a blaziken or primeape with close combat or any other fighting move.

4.try to get sword dance on the set of the attacker if not just spam any fight move on arceus.

5:keep a backup incase the attacker fails and if it is about to die revive the first one arceus would be dead soon.

You just have to keep trying honestly. Quick Claw and Focus band have a pretty low % chance of activation, so it's all luck. (I think 10% for Focus Band, not sure for Quick Claw)

You just have to keep trying honestly. Quick Claw and Focus band have a pretty low % chance of activation, so it's all luck. (I think 10% for Focus Band, not sure for Quick Claw)

Hold items do work, they just don't trigger 100% of the time. Iirc, Quick Claw only activates at a 12.5% chance and Focus Band only activates at a 10% chance.

If you've found the Focus Sash earlier in-game (under the grand stairway) and have a Pokémon with Destiny Bond or Perish Song, you can just use that to quickly KO Arceus.

That being said, it's hard to outspeed Arceus, but not impossible to win the battle without above-mentioned strategy.

Welp. I thought they have a 100% chance of triggering.

Thanks for teaching me how useless my quest for hold items was. :(

what does your team look like? There are quite easy ways to beat this thing with the right pokemon

Charizard; Level 60

Flygon; Level 60

Ampharos; Level 60

Dusclops; Level 56

Emboar; Level 55

Toxicroak; Level 51

Electrode; Level 60

Floatzel; Level 55

Heatmor; Level 49

Those are my highest leveled ones, I've got plenty more but most of them are level 20 or lower.

Moves? Abilities? Items?

BTW, for a neat formatting, put your team into a spoiler and you could make it look like this:

Blaziken | Lv.55
Hold Item: N/A
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Double Kick
- Bulk Up

Anyways, judging by just this information about your team, I think Paralyzing Arceus with Ampharos would be a good start. If Ampharos can't live a Dark Pulse or Hyper Beam or whatever, wait for Arceus to kill one of your other Pokemon with Hyper Beam and then switch into Ampharos. You have a free turn, since Arceus needs recharge, and Paralyzing Arceus could be helpful for your other Pokemon to outspeed. Anyways, after Arceus is Paralyzed, you can proceed to just keep hitting it.

Hello, I need some help in advancing in the game;

I'm at the part where I have to battle El's Ditto-Arceus (which appears to have stats nothing short of the real Arceus)

I'm keeping my Pokemon at level 60 and I find the battle quite hard for a couple of reasons which I will name a bit later in this thread, but before I do, I have to say that I have spent about 2 hours figuring out the Pinsir/Heracross riddle, to get the Tech Guy's glasses, then I went to the dept store and bought a ton of Quick Claws and Focus Bands, but to my bad luck, Arceus doesn't seem to care, his Judgement and Dark Pulse are not priority moves to my knowledge, but they still somehow out-speed my Quick Claw holding pokemon, oh and he doesn't care about Focus Band either, like, at all.

I've thought that all that may be because El's Dittoceus is also holding a Quick Claw, but it's constant, frustrating healing made me realize that it actually had Leftovers as hold item (and the game text said so too), so basically, I'm all out of any wisdom.

Additional info, the first Pokemon holding a Quick Claw I send to battle does attack first, but the others don't, so maybe you can just use one Quick Claw per duel? But that doesn't explain why Focus Band didn't work later on...

So, any explanation why the hold items didn't work?

Or any advice how I can beat it? Get a Wynaut with destiny bond or somesuch?

PS: I know (or moreso, I've heard) that I can just side with El and lose and the story will continue, but being "wrong" is just not in my nature.

Here's what you do, when Cain asks if you should side with Radomous or El, side with El. When he fights you and you lose, I think you get rescued or something, but either way, you don't have to win this fight.

my strategy

1:get a magnazone with t wave and sturdy keep using it till its out of full heals.

2 get 2 pokemon with memento muks in the wasteland would do and use it on him.

3.get a pokemon thats got some real attack power like a blaziken or primeape with close combat or any other fighting move.

4.try to get sword dance on the set of the attacker if not just spam any fight move on arceus.

5:keep a backup incase the attacker fails and if it is about to die revive the first one arceus would be dead soon.

More like

1. Get a Magnezone with Sturdy and Mirror Coat

2. Use Mirror Coat

3. Win the battle