Rotation Pokemon/Main Squad

foovy10

So I just got to calceon city and I found a TON of pokemon on the way on route 3 and 4. So im planning on having some of these on rotation or even the main squad. So I just wanna make sure they are good in this game before i train them for no reason. Tell me whether you think these pokemon r good or not.

Edit: Also is route 3/4 the best places to train for Fire gym or is there a better place?

THE SQUAD/PLANNED ROTATION:

Edited by foovy10

Well here's how I'd do it assuming you haven't beaten Charlotte yet. For now I'd do the following setup.

Main:

Greninja

Tyrantrum

Staraptor (If it has Intimidate)

Ampharos

Mienshao

Dragalge/Dusknoir

Everything else can fit in Rotation. Although I will keep saying this. People don't appreciate the true swag of Tailwind. As support, Noivern is amazing for Tailwind if you retutor the move on it. Scrafty, Pawniard, Phantump all need to be bred for for them to be usable (I.E - Bisharp Sucker Punch is a egg move)

In order:

kinda, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, kinda, yes, no, yes, no, yes, hm slave

Both "kinda"s, Ampharos and Bisharp, need a turn of set up before they're able to do what other things can right of the bat and they're not even always able to get said turn to set up.

For the "no"s, Trevenant as an attacker is outclassed by others and it's way outclassed by Gourgeist as a wall. Dusknoir's onlyredeeming feature is it's bulk, it's attack stat is nothing special, which means it's bulk is worthless since ot can't kill it's opponent; it's a great Trick Room setter, I'll give it that, but your team doesn't need TR and there's better supporters. For Golurk, it's both slow and frail (thanks to it's atrocious defensive typing, so no).

For the " yes" stuff, it's all pretty obvious. The only things I'd say you definitely should breed is DD and some punch onto Scrafty (Ice IMO) and to go back to pre-E13 to get Mienshao a TON of good moves, my guide in this section has details if you need them.

In order:

kinda, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, kinda, yes, no, yes, no, yes, hm slave

Both "kinda"s, Ampharos and Bisharp, need a turn of set up before they're able to do what other things can right of the bat and they're not even always able to get said turn to set up.

For the "no"s, Trevenant as an attacker is outclassed by others and it's way outclassed by Gourgeist as a wall. Dusknoir's onlyredeeming feature is it's bulk, it's attack stat is nothing special, which means it's bulk is worthless since ot can't kill it's opponent; it's a great Trick Room setter, I'll give it that, but your team doesn't need TR and there's better supporters. For Golurk, it's both slow and frail (thanks to it's atrocious defensive typing, so no).

For the " yes" stuff, it's all pretty obvious. The only things I'd say you definitely should breed is DD and some punch onto Scrafty (Ice IMO) and to go back to pre-E13 to get Mienshao a TON of good moves, my guide in this section has details if you need them.

Well my problem with breeding which is why i didnt do it is that im already a little underlvled on most of my pokemon so how long is this gonna take to get 2 lvl 1 pokemon to lvl 70 and get the pokemon to breed with them to get good moves.

You can check out thr guide I mentioned, it'd take you 1-2 minutes per member if you do the CE stuff I mentioned. And I only mentioned it because Scrafty is terrible without DD and Mienshao gets nothing but STABs from leveling up while it gets so many goods from breeding.

I would have to agree with Etesian on this one.. Scrafty and Mienshao need them some loving in terms of breeding and all.. I would also give somebody Rain Dance.. Charlotte can destroy people because of her feel..