The Successors of Atlantis (Water Monotype Run)

Lord Chespin

Update #34: Pest Control

Well, Crawli was kind of hard, but still not Marianette hard. I led with Dionysus, and he led with Crustle. Crustle went down to a hydro pump from Dionysus before the poor bug even got a chance to attack. Crawli sent out his Yanmega next, and I switched out to Achilles. He managed to bounce over a bug buzz, but he go smacked with an ancientpower after landing; fortunately, he managed to survive and finished off Yanmega with a smack down. Up next came Crawli's most problematic Pokemon: Galvantula. I switched back out to Dionysus, and he severely weakened (but sadly didn't defeat) Galvantula with a hydro pump, then just barely survived a barbed web. Fortunately, after Crawli took down Dionysus with another barbed web, Ajax came out and was able to outspeed it thanks to his quick claw, finishing it off with an aqua tail! Crawli sent out his Scolipede, and I switched to our newest team member: Alcyone the Pelipper! While the Scolipede set up toxic spikes, Alcyone just kept chugging away with aerial ace after aerial ace until Crawli's Scolipede eventually fainted (although it did get off a few steamrollers). Alcyone continued to spam aerial ace against Crawli's Vespiquen until Crawli finally switched out to his Volcorona; Alcyone tried hitting it with an aerial ace again, but unfortunately got burned bad by Volcorona's flame body. Even then, the tough little pelican put up a good fight, spamming surf until Vespiquen (whom Crawli had switched back out to) eventually took it down with a barbed web. I quickly swapped out to Achilles, who (despite being seriously weakened and badly poisoned) managed to finish off a weakened Vespiquen with a single smack down before Volcorona came back out and took him down with a bug buzz. Luckily, Ajax came out to avenge his fallen friend and managed to take Volcorona down with a single rain-boosted aqua jet, ending the battle and earning me the Stagweb Badge! Now then, with that over with it's time to go out, rescue Saki, and find out more about this mysterious Angie figure...

(By the way, from this point on, I'm going in blind; I haven't gotten this far in my main save. Wish me luck!)

The team so far:

395.pngTriton - Lv. 48 (Male)

658.pngAchilles - Lv. 49 (Male)

503.pngAjax - Lv. 48 (Male)

087.pngMelpomne - Lv. 48 (Female)

272.pngDionysus- Lv. 48 (Male)

279.pngAlcyone - Lv. 48 (Female)

Edited by supermario79411

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update #34: Corrosion

Well, I decided to side with Melia, and so I had to fight Saki and Venam. It was a lot harder than I was expecting, but ultimately I think it went pretty well. I led with Melpomne, Melia led with Diligence the Pupitar, Venam led with Dragalgae, and Saki led with Metagross. I had Melpomne aurora beam Dragalgae, and Diligence earth power'd Dragalgae, but Venam and Saki worked together surprisingly well, knocking both Melpomne and Diligence down to a sliver of their health. Melia wisely decided to switch out to Faith the Yanmega, and that was a good call, too: Saki's Metagross let loose a mighty earthquake, finishing off Dragalgae and Venam. Venam sent out her Drapion, and I sent out Atlas. Atlas did considerable damage to Drapion and Dragalgae with an earthquake, but Venam and Saki teamed up on Atlas, knocking him down to half health while Faith used a bug buzz on Metagross. Venam and I spennt the next turn healing our Pokemon, while Melia continued to peck away at Metagross and Metagross ice punch'd Atlas. Venam then inexplicably switched out her Drapion for her Muk, which got hit by an ancientpower from Faith (which seriously boosted Faith's stats, by the way) and I healed Atlas back to full health. Atlas managed to take out Muk and Metagross on the next turn with an earthquake (with a little help from Faith, of course) and so Saki sent out her Mawile while Venam sent her Drapion back out. I sent out Hippolyte (Atlas had fainted from Metagross after taking out Muk; it was Faith who took out Metagross), who finished off Drapion with a mighty crabhammer... and then Mawile mega evolved. 0_0 Uh-oh. As you could expect, Hippolyte went down that very same turn to Mega Mawile, and so I sent out Triton to take on the mighty beast. Fortunately, Venam was all out of usable Pokemon, so Triton and Faith were able to team up on Mega Mawile and take it down within two turns, only sustaining minor injuries. Phew. All that remained was Saki's Aggron, and it went down to a bug buzz from Faith and a brine from Triton!

...And now Amber's been captured. Um, with all the Team Xen admins trying to outdo each other (with Geara kidnapping Nim, Zetta activating the pillars, and Madelis kidnapping Amber), is this going to lead to a "house divided against itself" situation where the admins are going to trip each other up? Only time will tell, I guess...

The team so far:

395.pngTriton - Lv. 49 (Male)

658.pngAchilles - Lv. 49 (Male)

503.pngAjax - Lv. 49 (Male)

087.pngMelpomne - Lv. 49 (Female)

340.pngAtlas - Lv. 49 (Male)

342.pngHippolyte - Lv. 49 (Female)

Update #35: You Can't Handle the Cold Truth

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH. Angie was hands-down just as hard (if not harder) than Marianette! It was brutal!

Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with Achilles, and she led with Abomasnow. Achilles hit Abomasnow with an x-scissor, survived a wood hammer, then used smack down while Angie healed Abomasnow. After Achilles took down Abomasnow with an x-scissor, Angie sent out her Froslass, and I switched out to Triton. All Triton was able to get off was a single metal claw before he fainted to a mighty wave of thunderbolts, but our newest team member, Leander the Wailren, fared much better; he tanked thunderbolts left and right like a boss and (with a little help from a hyper potion) managed to live long enough to take the Froslass out with a mixture of blizzards and surfs! Angie sent her Mamoswine out next, and I switched out to Ajax. Ajax got an aqua tail off, but then Angie switched out to her Aurorus, which managed to survive to aqua jets and take the weakened Ajax out with an ancientpower. Fortunately, before Ajax fainted I was able to heal Achilles, and he managed to not only surf Aurorus into oblivion, but also take out Angie's Glaceon with two surfs (she wasn't able to get an attack in because Glaceon flinched thanks to Achilles' king's rock) and took out Mamoswine with one last surf! All that remained was her most problematic Pokemon (woo, alliteration!): her Wailren. Achilles tried using smack down, but it only did not very effective damage, and he fainted to Wailren that same turn. Hippolyte came out to avenge Achilles, and she managed to knock off Wailren's leftovers and get off a crunch before fainting. Running out of options, I switched out to Melpomne, began spamming brine, and praying that Wailren would faint before Melpomne did... and, to my amazement, it worked!

With Angie disposed of after her temper tantrum and my seventh badge given to me by the actual ice-type gym leader, it seems that the story of Perseus, water-type master extraordinaire, has come to an end (for now, of course). Thanks to everybody who stayed to read this story to the end, and I'll see all of you in Version 6! :D

The team so far:

395.pngTriton - Lv. 54 (Male)

658.pngAchilles - Lv. 55 (Male)

503.pngAjax - Lv. 54 (Male)

087.pngMelpomne - Lv. 55 (Female)

365.pngLeander - Lv. 54 (Male)

342.pngHippolyte - Lv. 54 (Female)

Yay! Congrats, you finished! It's going to be nice to see this update again, with version 6 coming out in June-July!

By the ways, while you're waiting, you could spend a day to train up your Pokemon and evolve them for the future! And also purify your Pokemon sing the Purify System in the PC, since it's pretty easy. Even at the minimum level, you just need to walk around a bit!