A Question of Resistances

Hymdall

Right, so in preparation for Episode 15, I've been trying to get as many Pokemon as I can for my reserves. I'm probably gonna be sticking with my 2nd playthrough file, which means I need Fighting and Ground resists. For those wondering, the main 6 are thus

Typhlosion

Metagross

Golem

Gardevoir

Scrafty

Vaporeon

I don't have much in reserves currently, but what I do have is Clefable, Lucario, and Ninetails. As you can see, I kind of get vehemently destroyed by Ground(lord knows I got lucky against Terra). Any tips on things to pick up to patch up my weaknesses?

Gengar, Weezing, Claydol, and Mismagius resist ground and fighting without being weak to rock, which usually complements those types. Flygon to a lesser extent. Most grass types also resist ground without being weak to rock. I forget if all of these Pokemon are currently available.

I would recommend Ludicolo for a Ground resist. It learns Giga Drain and Hypro Pump via level up and I believe you can breed Ice Beam onto it via Episode 12-. It packs a punch and can take out a lot of things if you have it in the rain.

For Fighting resist, don't use a Ghost as most Fighting types pack Dark Type moves anyway. Use something such as Gardevoir, whose Fairy Typing resists Dark and Fighting and is immune to Dragon. Gardvoir has no real fear of Dark or Fighting moves and can pack a punch in turn.

Gengar, Weezing, Claydol, and Mismagius resist ground and fighting without being weak to rock, which usually complements those types. Flygon to a lesser extent. Most grass types also resist ground without being weak to rock. I forget if all of these Pokemon are currently available.

Weezing and Flygon were high on my list of "Maybes". Lots of good moves there, and relatively easy to train. Also Weezing just laughs at physical attacks so..

I would recommend Ludicolo for a Ground resist. It learns Giga Drain and Hypro Pump via level up and I believe you can breed Ice Beam onto it via Episode 12-. It packs a punch and can take out a lot of things if you have it in the rain.

For Fighting resist, don't use a Ghost as most Fighting types pack Dark Type moves anyway. Use something such as Gardevoir, whose Fairy Typing resists Dark and Fighting and is immune to Dragon. Gardvoir has no real fear of Dark or Fighting moves and can pack a punch in turn.

Yeah, I have Gardevoir on my team already. Estelle is a freaking POWERHOUSE. Ludicolo wasn't something I really thought of. I'll have to look into Ep 12 breeding...hoo boy that's gonna be a lot of time investment. Time to do research! Thank you both~

A Whimsicott maybe? Resists both ground and fighting, while the prankster ability helps stunning foes/setting up a sub/sleep powder, and handing out quite the wallops with Moonblast and Giga Drain.

Edited by Helia