My Sprites (Updated 12/14/2015)

EluriaMendes

Just thought I'd actually post a few of 'em.

Note: I don't quite emulate the Pokemon sprites as well as I should, so I apologize if they seem too inconsistent.

PPqnPz9.png

Tiny PokeSprite of my OC, who shares my screen-name, Elly

2QvonJA.pngScreenshot of the VS match against Shade, to help give you a better idea of how she looks

P2VESKd.png

Pokeball Animation Frames (Will change this Image to a GIF in the future)

gsZtGkO.png

Better look at her, she's actually supposed to be really fit, but I can't muscle.

vTl1Z80.png9jjhG4F.gif

Tiny Stuff

Edited because I figured out how to Spoiler properly.

Edited by EluriaMendes

These sprites are really nice :D But if I could recommend something, you should maybe make the outline for her skin and hair a bit darker, and maybe add some shading too. As it is, it looks kinda flat :/

Is she inspired by Homestuck? ;P I see the marking on her scarf and also the armless sprite, it's giving me Homestuck vibes XD

Actually, yes, this was a Fankid for a Fanventure that went sour, but I love my character too much to let her go to waste. Please don't hate me cuz I'm Homestuck, guys. ; - ;

As for the flat part, it's pretty intentional as I never learned proper shading techniques. And I like to try to limit my palletes, but I could probably go for something darker?

I'm very open to suggestions!

Those sprites are nicely drawn, but they lack "depth". Try adding some shading to the hair with highlights. One thing that bothers me is the first character sprite, where the freckles are sized 1x1 but the rest is 2x2. There's really no other option for that, so it's ok, it just bothers me :P

Those sprites are nicely drawn, but they lack "depth". Try adding some shading to the hair with highlights. One thing that bothers me is the first character sprite, where the freckles are sized 1x1 but the rest is 2x2. There's really no other option for that, so it's ok, it just bothers me :P

Yeah, I know but I want to represent her cute cheek adornments, but having chunky squares would've made it hard to tell what exactly I was going for, so I tried going for the best alternative.

As for the depth part, it's gonna done, eventually, once I figure out how shading works, especially in sprites. I just prefer to post flats because inaccurate shading would just upset me.

Yeah, I know but I want to represent her cute cheek adornments, but having chunky squares would've made it hard to tell what exactly I was going for, so I tried going for the best alternative.

As for the depth part, it's gonna done, eventually, once I figure out how shading works, especially in sprites. I just prefer to post flats because inaccurate shading would just upset me.

The flats look good, I'm willing to wager if you gave specific questions and showed your attempts to @Amethyst or @Jan they'd be willing to give you some advice.

Dunno if this'll help or anything, but I made two different sprites of one of my fan characters way back when I was still getting into spriting. It's pretty much just an example of what shading can do(it's not perfect, but eh).

trainer072B.pngChibi_Soma2.png

Edited by Aurorain

• 7 months later...

animation_test_by_eluria_mendes-d9k4a2f.

Here's a Gif for a Project featuring Undertale OCs.

This is my Skeleton OC, S.K. Elly, whose a DJ. ((and slightly based on me,oops.And just realized I forgot to animate her glasses in.))

skelly_palletes__by_eluria_mendes-d9ike1

Spoiler for BIIIG image. This is her full body art- She's got several palletes I'm currently cycling through, but the 2nd one is my favorite. 3rd is a reference to an older oc of mine.

Link to my DeviantArt if anyone wants it.