Just a little question..

Tomy

Cool profile pic, Shingling. Fits your name.

Anyways, I'd say that you should get the Beldum is you really think it'll help you and you're patient enough. Because that Beldum is evil. Remember to save, cause you might not be able to catch it in one try, especially if you don't have many Pokeballs.

Like Shing said, you definitely want to get it down to one HP with False Swipe, which will be incredibly hard if you don't have False Swipe. You probably want to paralyze it, and just chuck Pokeballs at it with a Ghost type out on the field.

Gastly + Hypnosis + Nest Balls. But I wouldn't. Biggest mistake of my second reborn run. It killed all the momentum.

Yeah, I agree with this completely. Beldum takes a long time to level up naturally, and Metagross really isn't a strong Pokemon in-game. Had there been it's mega-evolution counterpart in the game, I may have said go for it. Tough Claws/BP is lethal.

So, that's a no from me. Regular Metagross really isn't worth the hassle Beldum would give you.

Yeah, I agree with this completely. Beldum takes a long time to level up naturally, and Metagross really isn't a strong Pokemon in-game. Had there been it's mega-evolution counterpart in the game, I may have said go for it. Tough Claws/BP is lethal.

So, that's a no from me. Regular Metagross really isn't worth the hassle Beldum would give you.

The thing is... we are probably getting it's mega stone laaaaaaaaater in the game, and Metagross isn't that bad of a poke. It's movepool isn't that bad (Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt and either Bullet Punch or Agility) those are learned just by leveling up (better than Greninja for example).

So I'll say it depends on how well would it fit your team. It has 600 BST Stats after all....

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

Woah woah woah woah. Metagross is weak? I'm sorry but a pseudo-legendary Pokemon being weak is completely UNTRUE. I'm pretty sure you're going off on the basis of competitive Pokemon but even then, just one generation ago, Metagross was in OU. And the only reason Metagross is not in OU now is because of the MegaEvo completely outshining itself.

On a side note, the feeling of catching a Beldum is extremely satisfying. Just for that, I say take the challenge and go for it.

Woah woah woah woah. Metagross is weak? I'm sorry but a pseudo-legendary Pokemon being weak is completely UNTRUE. I'm pretty sure you're going off on the basis of competitive Pokemon but even then, just one generation ago, Metagross was in OU. And the only reason Metagross is not in OU now is because of the MegaEvo completely outshining itself.

Metagross is also slow (70 Base Speed). Couple that with the fact that Steel lost two resistances (Ghost/Dark), and yeah.

But who the hell cares about that if we're talking about the game? Pfft every single Pseudo-Legendary works in the normal game, regardless. You can always find a space for one. There are only three reasons to not catch Beldum:

1 - You get frustrated very fast (Cuz dat catch rate)

2 - You have a better Steel poke

3 - You don't like Metagross

Apart from that, i don't know.

You can just get a Magnemite or Klink in Shade's gym. Both of their final forms are decently powerful.

I already have a semi-perfect team,i'm waiting for the other pseudos and/or legendary pokemon.

I still stand by the "it's a momentum killer" complaint. If you can get a lvl 50 Bronzor that gives you 70% of what Metagross gives you, and you have to spare yourself the part of grinding, you can do it and continue to kick ass in the game without the grinding sessions, losing time and losing momentum.

Also, Metagross is catchable right after Noel. If you don't wanna grind to have him ready for Radomous... here come Luna, Samsons Knock-Offs, Charlotte and Terra.

And with 4 Ability Capsules at max, Bronzong loses its weakness against Charlotte and gets an immunity against Terra.

Route 3. 5% chance for Bronzor at 50-60, 6% for Bronzong at 50-72. Catch rate: 90 for Bronzong, 255! for Bronzor. Bronzor's also in Iolia valley, 20% in the caves, lvls 20-40. There ya go.

Edited by Odybld