The Community Chooses, The User Obeys (A New Run)

AuthorReborn

Run Choices  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which run should I do?

• Mono-Type
    • Mono-Gen
    • Completionist
    • BST Limit
    • Other (please specify below)

So I've been thinking (a bad habit, I know) and I've decided to do something slightly different. I'm making a poll to see which sort of uber special extra hard run the community would like to see. There *should* be a poll attached, if my device doesn't hate me (which is a big if). Anyway I put in a few simple choices and then the "other" option just for variety. I'd like to establish a couple of rules now, rather than later.

1. NO overpowered starters. This is basically me saying I won't choose Torchic or Froakie, for the sake of making things more interesting. That being said, I will attempt to use the most viable starters outside of that. I don't plan on using Oshawott or Tepig or the like.

2. IF I am doing a limiting run, I will catch other mons for the purposes of trading and breeding.

3. NO buying revives/cotton candies. I might use the ones I find and I'll buy a Cotton Candy for the kid at the circus.

4. I will ATTEMPT to steer clear of stronger mons when I'm able for the sake of diversity. Example: Mismagius instead of Gengar.

5. I am not doing a nuzlocke or any variations of such. I frankly find them rather dull since most everyone has tried it.

6. I will obey the level cap when I am able. Obviously if I only have one mon because of a Monotype/gen that might not work as well as I hope.

Edit: Also, if you support someone else's "other" idea, if you could kindly just +1 their posts so we don't have the same ideas reiterated. Thanks

That's about that. I'll close the voting on Sunday the 26th at 11:59:59 (MST).

Edited by AuthorReborn

Other: "Can only use pokemons that are weak to the gym leaders type".

Only water and flying for Julia for example.

Extra rule: "If you have 3 pokes that are 4x weak to the gym leader, an ace will be allowed."

Example: "If three of your pokes are 4x times weak to Julia, you can use Goldeen with Lighting Rod."

How about trying a mono-color run? You can only use Pokemon that are a single predominant color, as determined by the Pokedex (see here for a list of Pokemon by color), although you can use Pokemon that are not that color but evolve into that color (not vice versa, though) or have a Reborn shiny that is that color.

Edited by supermario79411

Other: "Can only use pokemons that are weak to the gym leaders type".

Only water and flying for Julia for example.

Extra rule: "If you have 3 pokes that are 4x weak to the gym leader, an ace will be allowed."

Example: "If three of your pokes are 4x times weak to Julia, you can use Goldeen with Lighting Rod."

That sounds like total hardcore mode.

How about trying a mono-color run? You can only use Pokemon that are a single predominant color, as determined by the Pokedex (see here for a list of Pokemon by color), although you can use Pokemon that are not that color but evolve into that color (not vice versa, though) or have a Reborn shiny that is that color.

This sounds neat, the problems I have with it is a) Gen V-VI shiny sprites are a WIP and B) I'd also have to systematically go through every updated shiny which sounds like it'll take a while.

But hey, it is up to you guys. I am at your mercy.

Dis one! (cuz it reminds me of my UU team)

The idea I discussed a while back in a status: a ninja run. Basically, use only Pokemon whose design is explicitly ninja-like (Greninja, Ninjask/Shedinja and the likes), plus Pokemon that are used by ninja characters in Pokemon Conquest (refer to Bulbapedia for details). As for Pokemon that don't appear in Conquest, apply Nene's rules for the ninja contest in the same game: only Dark, Poison, Ghost and possibly Dragon Pokemon! If a Pokemon is not of one of these types, and/or it appears in Conquest but is used by a non-ninja character, you cannot use it. For example Misdreavus is a Ghost-type so in theory it would qualify, but it appears in Conquest and is used by No, a non-ninja character, so you cannot use it. Everything clear?

Is Completionist a challenging mode?

That's just the way i play :I

I'm tend to just catch a few pokemon and an alternate for each (example: say Azu and Sharpedo to alternate between), so it is for me haha. I tend to not go out of my way to obtain random mons either... coughtepigcough.