How to Shine feat. Victini [OU]

Shamitako

K, so, this is the team I've been using for the past few months. It's not the greatest, but I figured I'd show off. Honestly, it's not the greatest, but have a look-see anyways. It's been a while since I made this, but this is the third iteration (AKA, the version that isn't completely screwed by Heatran)

Overview:

038.gif003.gif494.gif212-mega.gif036.gif473.gif

Concept:

So this team is built entirely around nuking things with Victini. I started with Victini and added things around it to cover for its weaknesses. The goal is to take out everything that can tank a V-Create, and then nuke the rest with said V-Create

The Team:
Tina (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

The centerpiece of this team. Scarf means Tina can V-Create something faster than her, and then V-Create again to take something slower. Obviously, V-Create is the main move. Bolt Strike also sees use against things like Intimidate Gyarados and some of the frailer Water types. U-Turn is pretty much essential on any Scarf user. And Zen Headbutt is mostly filler, but also provides STAB coverage (I think I've used it once total)

Alice (Ninetales) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Protect

The obvious thing to run alongside Victini was sun. I picked Ninetales over Yzard because of its ability to hold a Heat Rock, thus extending the number of turns I have to swap Tina in and nuke something. Ninetales also possesses more utility. The first question most people will probably ask is, "Why no Solarbeam?" And the answer, is that this isn't supposed to be an attacker in the slightest. Alice's main duty is to set up sun, Confuse Ray something, and then switch to a sweeper. WoW also gets used if the opponent I'm against is physical. The goal is basically to try to mitigate as much damage as possible. Now, obviously people will yell at me for running Confuse Ray, I just like to stack the deck in my favor. A 50/50 chance of getting hit is a lot better than a 100% chance. I've also got Flamethrower to avoid being Taunt bait, and it does a deceptive amount of damage in sun despite having no special attack investment. Protect is just there for scouting and stalling WoW/confusion. It doesn't see much use because usually I prefer to get a sweeper out into the light

Vendetta (Venusaur) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

I have only one word to describe Chlorophyll Venusaur: Deadly

Originally I just tossed it on here because I had Ninetales, and what reason do you have to not run Venu when you've got Tales? But remember how I said this team was about Tina nuking things? Turns out Vendetta's sustained damage usually does most of the work taking down foes. HP Fire/Energy Ball both hit really hard, and cover quite a lot. Toss in Sludge Bomb for the extra STAB, and there's not much that can resist you. Synthesis heals off Life Orb/Stealth Rock damage and lets Vendetta keep sweeping so long as Alice keeps the sun bright

Natalie (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost

Victini? Stealth Rock? Yeah, those don't mix. But that's what Defog is for. Outside the ability to clear hazards, I also needed a slow pivot. Scizor fit the job well. It's also a really good physical wall, I've had several people forfeit just because they couldn't kill it. Natalie is M-Scizor because I had a mega slot open, and when you've got an open mega slot and a Scizor, there's not much reason not to let Scizor have the stone

Fabulous (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

Speaking of Rocks. Unaware Clefable is a really, really useful multi-purpose Pokemon. It provides much needed relief from status with Heal Bell. Rocks, which are always a necessity. And helps stop the occasional M-Houndoom from turning my own sun against me. Wish can also help mitigate the damage from those Iron Heads I switch Tina in on. Moonblast is there to let me actually do damage to those setup sweepers whose stat changes she fails to notice. Also, I chose not to run Magic Guard since this is a Heal Bell Cleric set, not a Special Tank set

Pearl (Mamoswine) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Lastly, I have this thing to cover the one thing nothing else on my team can: Heatran. Originally I ran an LO set, but things like Scarf Heatran still completely wrecked me. So I swapped to a Scarf variant to make sure I was always going first. This also gave me more coverage to work with. EQ is my main STAB, letting me OHKO any grounded Heatran, Air Balloon Variants still require Tina to U-Turn out. Icicle Crash covers a couple other nuisances known as Landorus and Gliscor. Knock Off is Knock Off. And Superpower hits Ttar hard

Notable Threats:

Heatran - Despite Mamoswine, Heatran can still spell doom if Pearl can't get a hit in

Tyranitar - Not usually too much of an issue, but can occasionally come in on Vendetta and stop her sweep

Gliscor+bulky water - Gliscor can shred my team and just switch to the Water whenever Pearl comes out

Importable:

Alice (Ninetales) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Vendetta (Venusaur) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Tina (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Natalie (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost

Fabulous (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

Pearl (Mamoswine) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Mega-Swampert can be really painfull to deal with, if you have lost your venusaur

For that I will suggest to run solarbeam on ninetales just for it!
Also jolly max-speed M-swampert 2hko venusaur in the swich in with earthquake outside of the sun! So running timid on venusaur might come in handy if you haven't set up the sun. Also you can put some ev from speed to add some bulk this way since in sun it still outspeed most pokemon in ou.
Scizor walls M-swampert all day, but can't do anything against it.
All your other pokemon have no way to deal with it

Nice sun team.

The only thing I would suggest is to make Victini a Adamant+Choice Band instead of Jolly+Scarf. Choicr Band tears up so many teams, since you like to nuke thinngs. It even OHKOs Zard Y in the sun lol.

I would probably give Clefable Protect instead of Stealth Rock, and give use Garchomp instead of Mamoswine.

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Rough Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Swords Dance

- Stealth Rock

It provides offensive power like Mamoswine, while still checking Heatran really nicely.

Hope you like the suggestions.