What happened to RU?

Follow

All right, there aren't any RU RMT topics here in reborn after 2 years, let me bring you one. This team is really good, I tried some changes, before getting it to perfection (For my type of perfection at least). So here we go.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
Just something I felt like using, because it's powerful, and because it can break walls and sweep when played correctly. Aside from the 2 main stabs and from the main coverage move (Wild Charge), we have head smash, because it gets a reckless boost, just because of that.
Drapion @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance
- Agility
Double Dance Critical Drapion, really cool set, after the set up you win, or your opponent decides to ragequit because you're getting so many crits (Don't tell him/her you have scope lens, heh, let's see some rage). Sniper is for a powerful crit, of course. And the rest is really standard.
Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
No, this isn't a suicide lead, thank you, this is a powerful specs bug buzz spammer, who saved my life 10000 times. This thing is so freaking good. Decent Special attack and wonderful speed, let's have some fun with the offensive variant. (Sludge Bomb is for fairies, and I'm modest because I don't want to get damage with u-turn, it's there just for the switch advantage)
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
The team was looking weak to damage, like... weak to heavy hitters. So let's add this bulky monster, tangrowth has a wonderful movepool and legendary stats aside from SpD and Spe. Since it's SpD isn't good I decided to go with an assault vest variant. Man, assault vest is such a troll item, your opponent is like "Take this HP Ice/Fire", and then he's clicking that x button.
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
I hate fighting against cresselias, this thing is so freaking bulky. It can't be OHKO'd by anything with this spread (presuming it's not stat boosted), and thunder wave supports accelgor against scarf users. The rest is pretty obvious.
Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Snatch
- Dragon Claw
- Sucker Punch
Rough Skin and Rocky helmet to wear down stuff like cinccino (so funny when it dies tail slapping me), and EVs to maximize bulk. Stealth rock support is necessary, and snatch is there to stop set up sweepers. Sucker punch because priority is really important to have in a team.
Importable

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
Drapion @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance
- Agility
Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Snatch
- Dragon Claw
- Sucker Punch

why not run Sticky Hold instead of Unburden on Accelgor? I don't think it really needs the speed boost, while it's special attack is decent at best if you lose your Specs. You also could run Mild instead of Modest IMO, not like Accelgor would be living too many physical attacks anyways.

Accelgor is 2HKO'd by everything in the tier, lol. The ability for it doesn't really matter, since it can't take a knock off from anything. About the mild nature, it's an option, but u-turn is not a damage move (unless you're running band scizor or mega beedrill), so I don't think I should remove defense to increase something I'll never use for damage. Thanks btw

*cracks knuckles* ALRIGHT STEP ASIDE OUTTA MY WAY

ScarfBoar

Definitely a reliable Pokemon and it works good on teams that don't already have a fire type. It definitely helps revenge kill the things Accelgor can't quite finish off.

CritDrap

This Pokemon has a cool concept - but I think Scope Lens would be better replaced with Leftovers and Agility knocked off for something like Earthquake. The thing that's off-putting to me is that you have to get two set up moves up and you claim that this is your final leg runner. As much as I hate saying this - why not try BATON PASSING the agility onto it here? I know that the thing is bulky, but if your Lens gets Knocked Off then your crit chance drops anyways. To -me- it seems like giving this thing some gradual recovery and more coverage - while passing some pre-set-up would get the job done better as well as make someone switch out. A good mon to try this on is the aforementioned Cresselia, because when you pass, you'll put HEAVY pressure on it and it will be forced to switch out letting you get your Sword's Dance up. Then you're all set, and with Earthquake or some other coverage to boot.

AcSpecialSweep-or

-IIIII- would go Sticky Hold over Unburden. I know Accelgor is a bug type and it would deter Knock Offs - but -most- of these -are- suicide leads. Knock Off would knock the sash away -or- break it so I could easily see someone trying it on you. If you don't HAVE to lose your Specs. Don't.

AVGrowth

As much as I absolutely -loathe- Regenerator- Tangrowth is my absolute favorite user of it in the tier for sets like this and not being a part of the Slowpoke line... This mon can stay.

Cress-HELL-ia

This thing is designed to be the absolute bulk it can...bulk....which is fine. I understand. However, I think you should forgo T-Wave here and make it just tad bit more offensive. Either leaving it bulky and going with Calm Mind -or- less bulky with a little more SpAtk and Moonblast to provide some threat to opposing Dark types. The reason being is found in your next Pokemon.

Contact-Damage Support Druddigon

....At least, this is what I feel the set SHOULD reflect here. Snatch is a cool move - but Dragon Claw is something your opponent can just throw their Aromatisse at and wall you to death - and the biggest thing Snatch would take would come from something that Dragon Claw can't touch - Belly Drum Slurpuff. Instead of Snatch, I would go with GLARE here. Glare would replace Cresselia's T-Wave (as well as make Ground types able to be paralyzed, which is just AWESOME) and make it a little bit more of an offensive threat/ threatening wall - while better suiting your Druddigon as it's out passive aggresively punishing physical attackers. I also think that Tomas is right here. With Glare, Stealth Rock, and Dragon TAIL - Druddigon can provide the team with some Phase support that would help out Accelgor and Drapion when finishing the job - especially if Drap can't get the boosts he needs without risidual damage being racked up.

---

Pokemon I feel would help you considerably from outside the team at the moment

EMOLGA: Emolga is going to serve as Drapion's partner in crime - providing the Agility and Baton Pass support that it would need to be able to have a coverage move in it's moveset and proceed to take the match.

Emolga is in NO danger of Earthquake itself, which makes BPing into Drapion a safe decision - Drap should be able to take the Rock type attack that may come it's way and proceed to Sword's Dance after it has it's Agility boost on the next turn. It -should- force a switch here - but much too late if you play your cards right and utilize AV Growth and Scarfboar. - as well as get some work out of Accelgor.

That's a pretty nice team, a lot of offensive threats... Uhm I think I'd change that Drudiggon set for SR, Dragon Tail, Glare and...uhm, Sucker Punch I guess, and probably Sucker Punch over Head Smash on Emboar, it helps a lot some times, and I don´t see anything you would need Head Smash for other than Delphox, and Sucker Punch works vs that too, and Head Smash fails a lot imo. And maaaaybe change your Choice Specs Unburden Accelgor for a Spiker Sash lead? It´s awesome. Be aware of SmogonLittleBird. Acrobatics mini Talonflame

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

First, for all the fletchinder fans, cresselia walls it, cresselia walls everything... yeah. So don't worry. And stealth rock + druddigon is another way do deal with it.

Vlado, sucker punch is an option, but if my opponent know that I am scarf, he can play around my sucker punches, and that's not something I want, but it's definitely an option, I'll try that.

Now, Hilda, for your analysis.

For drapion, if I'm getting rid of scope lens, there's no point on running night slash or cross poison, so knock off and poison jab are replacing them. Another thing is that Aqua Tail would be better than EQ, because it can help me against rhyperior, steelix, regirock, etc.

For the accelgor: I'll run sticky hold. The bad thing is that even alomomola can 2HKO me with knock off, even ALOMOMOLA, but that's fine, I don't want to lose my specs. Anyways, moving on.

This?

Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Glare, Stealth rock, dragon tail and snatch/sucker punch/gunk shot, fine.
Now the big question, who can be replaced for emolga?
Edited by Follow

After looking at Drapion - you can probably make that Scope Lens set work - so long as you -definitely- BP into it. I really like that set.

Lunar Dance CM Bulky Attacker Cresselia

- Lunar Dance - This move is really good, especially if Drapion gets in trouble or Emboar can help you clean up and can be saved.

- Calm Mind - The move that makes up for no investment in SpAtk, allowing for Cresselia to threaten opponents.

- Moonblast - To bother frail Dark types like Houndoom that switch in on your CM

- Psychic/Psyshock - STAB move for everything else if push comes to shove.

Changes from -your- set: Giving Druddigon your paralysis and dropping Moonlight due to it not being very necessary in this set (as Cress keeps it's bulk and gets even bulkier with Calm Mind.)

Special Attacker Cresselia (Slightly invested Special Attack - your discretion)

- Moonlight - Recovery - allowing for Cress to stick around and bulk opponents into favorable swith-outs.

- Lunar Dance - again, helps your more important teammates and is a great move.

- Moonblast - Screw you, Dark types.

- Psychic/shock - STAB.

Changes from -your- set: giving paralysis inflictor to Druddigon.

Changes from CM set: flipping Calm Mind back to Moonlight.

The Suggested Chopping Block

Accelgor is a really creative Pokemon in this team, but it sounds like it's very frail. Frailty doesn't behoove many Specs users - even if they are fast Specs users - in this tier because after getting scratched you're at the mercy of priority users. This is something you will want to replace for Emolga.

After removing Accelgor - I would also take a look at going a little more -real- special defensive - as opposed to Tangrowth. Something like SpeDef Gastro or Jellicent, or perhaps a replacement Special Attacker - Clawitzer and Heliolisk come to mind here.

I like Tangrowth, but it's Assault Vest is the only special defense this team seems to have. Knock the AV off and your team is a bit of a perilous position.

Rocky Helmet Support Druddigon

Glare - slows down the opposing team.

Stealth Rock - provides residual damage

Dragon Tail - shuffles opponents - working really well with Stealth Rock and becomes even MORE effective when opponents are Paralyzed.

Sucker Punch - Druddigon may not get all of the paralysis support off in a battle, but it may get to the point where he can finish the job with this move.

Here's another set I came up with for you to potentially consider. Right now outside of Tangrowth you don't have anything to hit ground types with very well, or dragons outside of Druddigon which also weak to other dragons. This also allows you to deal with pesky stall mons like the regenerators for example, yes it does give specs to them, but with Recovery I think you can manage anything they could throw at it directly. If you're worried about the increased power, you could always swap for Scarf.

Cresselia (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight